Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Might be of interest to people here. We covered the Phantasy Star series in the latest episode of the arcade and retro podcast:

http://arcadeandretro.com/arcade-retro-podcast-15-phantasy-star-retrospective/

pp3er7kr.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I bought Atelier Totori a couple of days ago, the two bonus outfits are quite scary:o, I have only played the game for about 15 minutes so far, it is full of tutorials very frustrating at times, the cut scenes are amazing quality,storyline seems interesting enough,fun game overall by the looks of things.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SMTIV is confirmed for a summer 2013 release in the US.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Playing trails in the sky atm on vita,what a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Playing trails in the sky atm on vita,what a great game.
    Good price in the Spring Sale on PSN too. Decided to play it safe and went for Persona 3P instead though. Hopefully we'll see Growlanser with a similar reduction in the Summer Sale.

Also picked up Generation of Chaos for €2.69 which looks quite like Spectral Force Genesis (i.e. insane)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

penev10 wrote: »
    Good price in the Spring Sale on PSN too. Decided to play it safe and went for Persona 3P instead though. Hopefully we'll see Growlanser with a similar reduction in the Summer Sale.

Also picked up Generation of Chaos for €2.69 which looks quite like Spectral Force Genesis (i.e. insane)

Indeed,my only regret is I didn't get the trails in the sky and persona 2 together as a bundle :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭megaten

Got Devil Survivor Overclocked today. I don't want to open it until Ghostlight fixes the bugs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

megaten wrote: »
    Got Devil Survivor Overclocked today. I don't want to open it until Ghostlight fixes the bugs though.
    I've only played the DS original but I don't recall any bugs.

They are bugs introduced by the European versions coding.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭blackwave

tales of xillia is getting a release in america no date yet for the EU, have to say there seems to be a lot of good jrpg's coming for the Ps3 in the next while.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/04/08/ps3-rpg-tales-of-xillia-gets-release-date

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/08/nis-america-tell-us-about-their-european-publishing-arrangement-with-atlus/

Things seem to be looking up a bit in terms of Atlus games in Europe. I really hoping they're not judging what 3DS games they bring over on how Etrian Odyssey performs though.

blackwave wrote: »
    tales of xillia is getting a release in america no date yet for the EU, have to say there seems to be a lot of good jrpg's coming for the Ps3 in the next while.

Great news,looks awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

blackwave wrote: »

And a European release has been confirmed...

Here

http://nisamerica.com/pressreleases/SoulHackers_PAL_20130425_NISA_F.pdf

Soul Hackers is getting published here! I was worried since I thought it was going to get passed over since SMTIV got announced first. Pretty happy since this is the game I was most interested in of the current Atlus 3DS batch.

Good news for people that missed out on the superb Tales of Symphonia, it's getting a rerelease on PS3 with it's kind of crap sequel:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-13-tales-of-symphonia-and-sequel-getting-hd-ps3-remake-report

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Good news for people that missed out on the superb Tales of Symphonia, it's getting a rerelease on PS3 with it's kind of crap sequel:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-13-tales-of-symphonia-and-sequel-getting-hd-ps3-remake-report

My favourite tales game,I'll definitely have to get that when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Are the Tales of games connected in anyway...or can you jump in at any title like a Final Fantasy?

• Advertisement

carbonkid wrote: »
    Are the Tales of games connected in anyway...or can you jump in at any title like a Final Fantasy?

Well each game is a completely new world and scenario but they tend to follow the same beats.

You can jump in at anyone.

Tales of Xillia trailer.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/tales_of_xillia/b/ps3/archive/2013/06/07/tales-of-xillias-e3-trailer-released.aspx

Checked out trailer...got to say 3D was very pretty, love the anime style models and hand drawn textures. The theme seemed very series too. One thing im always afraid of with these anime inspired games is that it will be very goofy and magic girly. This will be my first...cant wait to try it when its available for PS3.

Checked out trailer...got to say 3D was very pretty, love the anime style models and hand drawn textures. The theme seemed very series too. One thing im always afraid of with these anime inspired games is that it will be very goofy and magic girly. This will be my first...cant wait to try it when its available for PS3.

What the hell is wrong with Magical Girl!

I would kill for a well done game where the main character is a magical girl.

Have you seen the Puella Magi Madoka Magica dungeon crawler on PSP? It looks fantastic. Pity they never got localised, I'd say it would have done well considering it's so popular and is basically he Evangelion of Magical Girl anime.

Have you seen the Puella Magi Madoka Magica dungeon crawler on PSP? It looks fantastic. Pity they never got localised, I'd say it would have done well considering it's so popular and is basically he Evangelion of Magical Girl anime.

I only seen small parts of it but not enough to see what it's like. It quite possibly would've sold well since I think Fate/Extra did quite well for Aksys and that would be a franchise with a similar sort of popularity.

What the hell is wrong with Magical Girl!

LOL...ok enough said. Maybe that wasnt the best phrasing on this thread. I just meant ive seen some really goofy horrible trailers for magical girl stuff. Hell ive even sat through that camp anime series...least first season anyway...magic knight rayearth.

This will be my first anime game...unless valkyria chronicles counts as one even though theres no 2D. I am looking forward to it.

There's plenty of terrible magical girl stuff but when it's done right it's great. The original Sailor Moon in it's japanese language is one of the funnist animated shows ever made and Puella Magi Madoka Magica goes from bland dull and happy magical girl anime you have seen before and then turns into one of the darkest and best animes in the last 10 years.

I think you mean more than awful 'moe' stuff that is infecting japanese animation lately and yes that stuff can **** right off.

• Advertisement

Cardcaptors/Cardcaptor Sakura is a classic too.

Advertisement