Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I'm about 15 hours into P4G.

This game is like crack yo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I'm about 15 hours into P4G.

This game is like crack yo.

Indeed it is, I put over 120 hours into it.

Xenji wrote: »
    Indeed it is, I put over 120 hours into it.

I'd made one aborted attempt to play it before and I got too bogged down in thinking about the opportunity costs of spending time with X character etc, ended up looking at guides and stuff, gave up quickly in the end. This time I'm just going with whatever I want and not stressing about it. Much more enjoyable experience.

It's also making me seriously look forward to P5.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd made one aborted attempt to play it before and I got too bogged down in thinking about the opportunity costs of spending time with X character etc, ended up looking at guides and stuff, gave up quickly in the end. This time I'm just going with whatever I want and not stressing about it. Much more enjoyable experience.

Definitely the best way to play it. I ended up enjoying Western RPGs as well when I took that approach to playing it and living with my decisions. Makes them far more enjoyable since you are actually role playing.

It's also making me seriously look forward to P5.

It is the best way to play it, I have friends that still use walkthroughs on Gamefaqs for every game they play, they literally follow them step by step.

• Advertisement

It is the best way to play it, I have friends that still use walkthroughs on Gamefaqs for every game they play, they literally follow them step by step.

That's what I was reduced to, it was zero fun and tbh it's an utterly pointless experience, might as well just watch it on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I'm in chapter 3 of The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. I'm liking it even more than I thought I would. I'm playing it on PSP but if I saw it on sale on steam for a good price, I'd buy it there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

So what are the chances of P4 being released on the home consoles at some point?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pac1Man wrote: »
    So what are the chances of P4 being released on the home consoles at some point?

Once they get PS2 emulation up and running on PS4 I'd say. Either that or Sony will push it to that stupid PS Now thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Once they get PS2 emulation up and running on PS4 I'd say. Either that or Sony will push it to that stupid PS Now thing.

Fingers crossed. I don't think I could justify a Vita + memory card for P4G. I know the Vita has some other good titles but I could probably live without those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Anyone else having problems playing multiplayer on PSN?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I look at road map, basic stuff like don't open this chest (FF12), don't sell weapons(FF13), and do level up everyone (FF9 plus a load more).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Playing through Valkyeria chronicles atm, **** the ai is either ruthless or completely retarded, no middle ground

• Registered Users Posts: 18,701 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Playing through Valkyeria chronicles atm, **** the ai is either ruthless or completely retarded, no middle ground

Level Scouts, always have Alicia + Rosie in your squad (+2 movement).
    Maybe Largo too if there's tanks in play.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'd love if they remastered for ps4, I know I know everyone is sick remasters but I would still like it :)

I'd love if they remastered for ps4, I know I know everyone is sick remasters but I would still like it :)

Sure there's the PC version which is a pretty great port of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,701 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Remaster of 2+3 for PC please.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Would love if they got multiplayer working on them as well.

Dragon Quest Builders has been announced for PS4/PS3/PS Vita, it literally looks like Dragon Quest X Minecraft.

http://www.dragonquest.jp/builders/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Feck off with yer PC :D :pac:

• Advertisement

Dragon Quest Builders has been announced for PS4/PS3/PS Vita, it literally looks like Dragon Quest X Minecraft.

http://www.dragonquest.jp/builders/

That looks really cool, hope it gets localised

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

currently what I'm playing it on, 6 euro for the steam key, bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

That looks really cool, hope it gets localised

They're trying tio build a western fanbase for Dragon Quest on PS4 so I'd expect all of these dragon quest announcements for PS3/4/vita to get localised on PS4 if nothing else

Yuji hori has said he wants to do Dragon Quest on a home console and there's rumours Sony is paying Square Enix huge amounts of money to get a proper DQ game on PS4. Dragon Quest has traditionally been made for the most popular system at the time and the PS4 is bombing in Japan. However it's probably the only game that could save the PS4 in Japan so it might come out on that instead of 3DS.

Isn't there already a dragon quest game coming in October?

Isn't there already a dragon quest game coming in October?

It's just a Dragon Quest Musou game. It's Dragon Quest 11 that Sony need.

It was announced today that Atlus and Vanillaware have a new HD project and it will be revealed next week, if it is a remaster I hope it is Odin's Sphere.

Probably won't be a remaster, although they do have all the assets for their PS2 and beyond games all in HD resolution if they ever want to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

It was announced today that Atlus and Vanillaware have a new HD project and it will be revealed next week, if it is a remaster I hope it is Odin's Sphere.

I'd prefer Princess Crown myself. it'd be nice to see it finally get a western release

• Advertisement

Advertisement