Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

_Godot_ wrote: »
    So there's going to be a Bravely Default 2 on the switch.

Bravely Second: Am I a joke to you?

It's a sin they haven't used that Octopath Traveller engine for this.
    I think BD2 looks a bit ugly. The character design reminds me of a Fire Emblem Awakening where its more like they are dolls than people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

ERG89 wrote: »
    It's a sin they haven't used that Octopath Traveller engine for this.
    I think BD2 looks a bit ugly. The character design reminds me of a Fire Emblem Awakening where its more like they are dolls than people.

Iirc Bravely Default is still using the engine from FF III DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Just found out Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is delayed again post E3 now seems to be the next window was really looking forward to that next month think.Ill get Tokyo Mirage FE now instead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,844 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Let's hope the bravely default/octopath Traveller team can make their first decent game...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Let's hope the bravely default/octopath Traveller team can make their first decent game...

They had their chance with Octopath and made all the same mistakes again. It was actually the team from Acquire that were behind the art style which S-E has tried to trademark as HD-2D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

P4G goes for about €50 for a card version, the download is €10.
    Yup, that'd what we saw, I guess newbies to 5 went back to 4 maybe?
    Worked out grand, I have physical P4 on PS2 so I don't mind not getting physical if I already have a copy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Radiant Historia down to €8.99 on the Nintendo sale, gonna pick that up, I've heard good things.

Etrian odyssey Nexus down to €11.99

Radiant Hisroria is epic I paid a ton of money for the Ds version the soundtrack is class the characters are so engaging it's a must have on 3ds for that price very enjoyable game.

Radiant Hisroria is epic I paid a ton of money for the Ds version the soundtrack is class the characters are so engaging it's a must have on 3ds for that price very enjoyable game.

Been waiting for it to go on sale since I picked up the 2DS. Checked out hardcopy on Amazon and it's crazy money. Must have a look at what other JRPGs are on the sale now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone ever played baldr sky ? its up on steam, its a visual novel?

• Advertisement

It's an eroge. The naughty bits have been removed as Steam has a hissy fit about them. They don't seem to have a problem with 3d depictions anymore though.

Game is still supposed to be alright.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'll have to Google eroge, never heard of it .

I'll have to Google eroge, never heard of it .

It's a portmanteau of erotic and game. They are usually visual novels, but some are other genres like srpg and even racing.

The game is still playable without the adult content, like how many people remember that Fate/Stay Night was originally released as an eroge considering the juggernaut that the Fate series is now with its numerous spin offs.

It's a portmanteau of erotic and game. They are usually visual novels, but some are other genres like srpg and even racing.

The game is still playable without the adult content, like how many people remember that Fate/Stay Night was originally released as an eroge considering the juggernaut that the Fate series is now with its numerous spin offs.

Its getting rave reviews on steam, so maybe worth a punt.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,844 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Some RPG news from the last few days.

New Trails game announced taking place after cold steel 4 .... Which still isn't in English.

Also the two crossbell games are getting released on PS4. Maybe.... Possibly... We will get these in English finally.

Also a game from the original fire emblem creator is coming to PC in English.

https://youtu.be/BGyX66G7fUo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Its getting rave reviews on steam, so maybe worth a punt.

The game is about 10 years old, plenty of better visual novels out there for a fraction of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

It's a mecha visual novel kinda like Muv Luv but not as good, it has some gameplay but it isnt very good, honestly it's one where I'd rather just enjoy the story. If you havent played Muv Luv I'd recommend that over it but if you have and liked it then this is good too

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Arcadeheroes

Yakuza 7 is shaping to be the greatest JRPG of the all time :pac:

the new gameplay trailer is absolutely bonkers :pac:

Never played the Grandia games. Is the collection worth picking up folks, I've been mulling over it the last few days.

skerry wrote: »
    Never played the Grandia games. Is the collection worth picking up folks, I've been mulling over it the last few days.

They are amazing games, two of the best ever made, the switch version has some issues though, the PC versions are fine

• Advertisement

Absolutely Yes, now stop your mulling and go forth and enjoy!

Excellent, thanks folks, will pick them up tomorrow so. Can always rely on the good folks here to push me over the edge on a purchase. Going with Switch version, I think some of the bugs have been patched but not all. Happy New Year :)

Excellent, thanks folks, will pick them up tomorrow so. Can always rely on the good folks here to push me over the edge on a purchase. Going with Switch version, I think some of the bugs have been patched but not all. Happy New Year :)

I rate gandia 2 highly .

Grandia is really nice on handheld mode good fun easy to see the screen and all the background stuff too I'm off my feet for a long period of time in two weeks abd this game is one I'm looking forward to putting hours of distracting time into. Didn't play part 2 much on PS2 so doubly looking forward to that.

On a side note seeing the gamearts logo makes me long for Lunar Silver Star would love a hd eshop release of that.

Sieghardt wrote: »
    They are amazing games, two of the best ever made, the switch version has some issues though, the PC versions are fine

Not really. PC version of 1 looks ugly because they baked the texture filtering into the textures so you get texture seams everywhere. Pity as everything else is good and well..... It's grandia.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not really. PC version of 1 looks ugly because they baked the texture filtering into the textures so you get texture seams everywhere. Pity as everything else is good and well..... It's grandia.

Yeah but fine means no game breaking bugs lol Even playing a Grandia 1 disc on a PS3 had game breaking bugs :|

Kind of annoying that they remade Lunar 1 a half dozen times and they never remade Grandia despite actually having high quality modern remake assets of a lot of locations of Grandia 1 (From back when Grandia Online was being made as Grandia Zero)

Grandia 1 & 2 are literally my two favourite games ever and it's a shame they arent given more of a push

I know. But then again they keep making Lunar worse. The PS1 remake I hear was good and has the boat song but working designs made it the anti fun by upping the difficulty and the psp remake is booooring. At least they never did that to Grandia!

Picked up Bravely Second Deluxe Edition in Argos today for 5.99, nearly fell off my chair when I seen how much its going for on the likes of Ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

I know this seems a little off topic, but do you guys like anime as well as JRPG’s?
    Also is there a forum on here for anime?

• Advertisement

There is one but it's a bit dead. I do like anime as well but there's a lot of awful ****e ones these days. Do enjoy it the odd time I find a good series.

Advertisement