Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current best value Android Huawei Ascend G300

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I can't seem to send multi media messages (pics with a text message).

Any ideas lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 neumie

I can't seem to send multi media messages (pics with a text message).

Any ideas lads?

I think you need to have data over the network on (the up and down arrow on the top bar when you drag down the notification area).

I remember having this issue also and that seemed to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Is anyone having the mic problem that is cropping up on other forums. I think that I may have it. It's fine on speaker but on normal phone people complain that they can't here me very well.

EDIT: I have discovered that this is a big problem - a poll on Modeco found that 50% of respondents have this problem. Vodafone UK are also aware of it as it features on their forums.

I have also found out that the Vodafone shop will not replace the phone but will send it off for assessment/repair leaving me without it for a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Yugioh

Quick question. I have my phone unlocked and rooted. I want to upgrade to ICS but I read that you should do the other updates of Gingerbread first?

I unfortunately don't know what these are - I'm still on the one that came with the phone. Could anyone give a tip for which updates to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Yugioh wrote: »
    Quick question. I have my phone unlocked and rooted. I want to upgrade to ICS but I read that you should do the other updates of Gingerbread first?

I unfortunately don't know what these are - I'm still on the one that came with the phone. Could anyone give a tip for which updates to get?
    I don't know if it's absolutely necessary. I'd say if you're on B886 (which VF Ireland phones came with I think) you should be okay.

I did upgrade to B888 but that was only because there was no ICS roms available at the time. If you do decide to go to ICS you'll have to use the update.app method first as there's a newer version of the baseband with B926/B927 which flasing with ClockwordMod won't install.

As an aside, CM10 which is based on JellyBean has been released, but bluetooth and camera still don't work. Still means we got JellyBean from the community before Huawei/Vodafone could get ICS out. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Upgrade now available online. b893. Setting/about phone/online upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

official ics upgrade ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I would doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 EimearF

I keep on getting a message about setting up my wifi over vodafone settings, i have done set up loads of times, but this pop up is coming up at least 7 times a day. can anyone help please? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Got the update seems to be a little quicker and easier on the battery:D

• Advertisement

I updated & I agree that the phone seems more responsive. No problems with the upgrade

Adyx wrote: »
    I don't know if it's absolutely necessary. I'd say if you're on B886 (which VF Ireland phones came with I think) you should be okay.

I did upgrade to B888 but that was only because there was no ICS roms available at the time. If you do decide to go to ICS you'll have to use the update.app method first as there's a newer version of the baseband with B926/B927 which flasing with ClockwordMod won't install.

As an aside, CM10 which is based on JellyBean has been released, but bluetooth and camera still don't work. Still means we got JellyBean from the community before Huawei/Vodafone could get ICS out. :rolleyes:

Thanks! I've successfully upgraded to ICS now. But there's a but. I now can't receive/make calls, texts or connect to the internet outside of using wifi. Again I have coverage, just can't do anything with it.

Is this a known problem?

M cebee wrote: »
    official ics upgrade ya?

Huawei's Gingerbread roms are all B8xx and the ICS roms are B9xx.
    Thanks! I've successfully upgraded to ICS now. But there's a but. I now can't receive/make calls, texts or connect to the internet outside of using wifi. Again I have coverage, just can't do anything with it.

Is this a known problem?
    :eek: What rom did you install? I've used pretty much all the available ICS roms at this point and never had any issues. Especially not with calls/texts anyway.

It is ICS 4.0.3 b926. I have texts and calls working now so crisis averted. Only think is I can't connect to the internet without wifi. Is there a setting I have to change for that? Data switch is turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

Are word on Vodafone Ireland coming up with an upgrade for the volume problems?

It is ICS 4.0.3 b926. I have texts and calls working now so crisis averted. Only think is I can't connect to the internet without wifi. Is there a setting I have to change for that? Data switch is turned on.
    Not that I know of, I just turn it on and it works. I didn't have to change any settings or anything. By the way, I'd really recommend you upgrade to the B934 rom, it's much smoother.

I've upgraded and find that my front page is not the one that was showing pre-upgrade.

Anyone know how I change this? Actually doe anyone have an an owners manual for download?

Thanks guys.

I've upgraded and find that my front page is not the one that was showing pre-upgrade.

Anyone know how I change this? Actually doe anyone have an an owners manual for download?

Thanks guys.

They are all here:

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/technicaIndex.do?method=gotoProductSupport&productId=3940&tb=0%29;

You have 5 screens. If you mean that the wrong one is showing as your home page then if you the touch the back button it shows all 5 screens then just touch the one that you want to be your front page.

I am guessing that today's upgrade is to prepare for ics. The New Zealand Vodafone forum claim that it will be released there the first week of September.

[QUOTE=Discodog;80447747http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/technicaIndex.do?method=gotoProductSupport&productId=3940&tb=0%29;[/QUOTE]

When I click on any of the manuals it says 'service temporarily unavailable' and it was doing that the first time I tried a few weeks back.

Weird.

When I click on any of the manuals it says 'service temporarily unavailable' and it was doing that the first time I tried a few weeks back.

Weird.

The first link is working fine for me - click on the arrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Alright lads,

Sometimes the launcher fails on my phone. It says something like "processcom.huaweilauncher" and then gives me an option to force close it.

Any reason for that, or way to fix it as its happened a fair bit?

Not that I know of, I just turn it on and it works. I didn't have to change any settings or anything. By the way, I'd really recommend you upgrade to the B934 rom, it's much smoother.

Great tip thanks! I didn't spot that one. I've a new problem. :o With the custom rom my phone is no longer rooted. The old gb method doesn't seem to be working - do you know of a tip for it to work with ics?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Great tip thanks! I didn't spot that one. I've a new problem. :o With the custom rom my phone is no longer rooted. The old gb method doesn't seem to be working - do you know of a tip for it to work with ics?

Hiya have a read here
    http://www.modaco.com/topic/355583-guide-how-to-install-and-root-ics-403-on-the-g300/page__pid__1982701#entry1982701

Tried the infusion version of B934 & wasn't too happy with it so back to 927. Is the stock 934 better? I think you need to root the phone after flashing it though. Is this correct?

jgbyr wrote: »
    Tried the infusion version of B934 & wasn't too happy with it so back to 927. Is the stock 934 better? I think you need to root the phone after flashing it though. Is this correct?
    Yeah I think I did. I just use the unlockbootloader program you linked to. There's isn't a huge amount of difference between stock B934 and Infusion to be honest. Tillaz doesn't make big changes like say CynaogenMod. It's mostly just performance tweaks and a few nice-to-have features like notification toggles etc.

What I really like in the newest version is that he's included an ota updater so installing patches or even a full rom update is simple.

Yeah I think I did. I just use the unlockbootloader program you linked to. There's isn't a huge amount of difference between stock B934 and Infusion to be honest. Tillaz doesn't make big changes like say CynaogenMod. It's mostly just performance tweaks and a few nice-to-have features like notification toggles etc.

What I really like in the newest version is that he's included an ota updater so installing patches or even a full rom update is simple.

Thanks for that. The main problems I had with infusion was that it kept defaulting to internal storage & the default tones after a reboot. Was very annoying. Did this happen to you at all?

Thanks for that. The main problems I had with infusion was that it kept defaulting to internal storage & the default tones after a reboot. Was very annoying. Did this happen to you at all?
    Yeah all the time. I think Tillaz is working on a fix for it and to be fair I was getting that with the stock B926 and B934 roms as well. It is really annoying actually because it messes up the new ota update setting as well as Swiftkey and VLC. I just try not to reboot unless I have to now.

I also use SwiftKey. Hows this effected.

I also use SwiftKey. Hows this effected.
    Swiftkey stores it's language selections on whatever storage you've selected as default. If you reboot and the default has switched from external SD to Internal, Swiftkey will complain that it can't find the language files.

It's not too big a deal because (a) Once you switch back it's fine again, (b) I don't think the files are used for anything except spellcheck/text prediction and (c) if you're using English it's probably fine anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

Has anyone here downgraded ROMs before? On b892 and want to go back to b886 to get that OTA update....few threads on modaco but no one seems clear if switching between GB roms will 'zero' the IMEI or not, or whether this just applies if you are trying to downgrade from an ICS rom :confused:

Advertisement