Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Just ordered some stuf from the Game website. You can't beat this lot for 43p. :-)

208821.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

How the fugg? Discount code?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

EnterNow wrote: »
    How the fugg? Discount code?

I've a feeling he had a voucher for £71.48 sterling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Steve SI wrote: »
    I've a feeling he had a voucher for £71.48 sterling.

3odnbd.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Got a copy of Mario Kart DS today... again...

You see I buy it, play it for a while, get distracted by something shiny and stop playing it.
    Shortly after that I realise that, due to some quirk in the preowned market, they still fetch a pretty penny if traded, and I do.... I know.... I am weak.....

But, I got it for a tenner today, still have the box from a long lost copy somewhere, and I'm keeping it this time!

The DS collection is getting bigger though, all tucked away, along with their 3DS cart cousins, in my Dreamcast little pouch, previously home to PSP UMDs a long long time ago....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭Doge

a5y wrote: »
    208745.jpg

Very, very pleased with this. Excuse me while I put a record on. :cool:

Thats looks ABSOLUTELY MINT my man!!!

I'm waiting very patient for an e-mail from Adafruit notifying me that they're back in stock. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

waveform wrote: »
    Thats looks ABSOLUTELY MINT my man!!!

I'm waiting very patient for an e-mail from Adafruit notifying me that they're back in stock. :(

Thanks. Bummer on the wait. When I was buying mine it said 9 in stock. But I got delayed with something else coming up and then the number dropped to eight. Yikes! :eek::o

(I don't think it was because of the one "added to my cart" either. Had to add it in again - I derp, but I'm not that derp)

If it helps, this wiki has a page full of alternative cases.

Received an extremely well packed Super Everdrive PCB in the mail today courtesy of boards user Relikk.

f2QuD.jpg

8YQtJ.jpg

It looks like it's in pristine condition.

And so begins the long wait for my Super Famicom to arrive!

That Super Everdrive PCB looks minty fresh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

May I suggest that sir avail of the fine selection of Super Famicom baseball games as well? :)

• Advertisement

So GAME aren't accepting calls from Irish numbers anymore. My order was mysteriously cancelled for some reason.

That's the second time now... what was the point in transferring my trade in points to the website if I can't actually order anything?

Managed to get around the no accepting Irish calls with some VOIP trickery but after 20 minutes on hold I gave up.

**** sake GAME...

Pyongyang wrote: »
    May I suggest that sir avail of the fine selection of Super Famicom baseball games as well? :)

There aren't any!!
    You're just going through one of your delusional stages, like when you used to think the Darius games were any good :pac::pac::pac:

Why Japanese Baseball? Why not just...Baseball?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Why Japanese Baseball? Why not just...Baseball?

Because they have text like below and that's cool :)

野球の試合は、主にお尻を吸う。

But seriously I've don't see the attraction of retro baseball games. Am I missing something? I've played a few online multi player baseball games on the iPad and they were fun for a few mins.

Steve SI wrote: »
    But seriously I've don't see the attraction of retro baseball games. Am I missing something? I've played a few online multi player baseball games on the iPad and they were fun for a few mins.

I'm the same, no idea or interest in Baseball...but Japanese Retro Baseball games?? Maybe their kinda whacky, & more fun than actual games that are about baseball?

The Pyongster will have to explain it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Not the boring ones. I'm on about the cute SD ones. :)

To be fair Rellik really did look after it well, it looks brand new.

The high density cardboard he used to protect it, is almost like solid wood, never quite seen anything like it.
    Pyongyang wrote: »

I'm after ordering 4 SFC games that use an enhancement chip also from Hit Japan. :)

I'm not sure really if I'll buy more games down the line, maybe only carts that use those chips.

AAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrggghhhh my matey!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I've the best ever Kirby game coming at my hands soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I've the best ever Kirby game coming at my hands soon.

I'll see your Kirby and raise you an Ikari Warrior (NES) :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I still think that Kirby on the Nes is a wonder on par with SMB3, and a cracking game.
    The compilation they released on the DS is fantastic as well.
    Lets face it, everything with Kirby as the star is great, aside from Kirby 64 and that GC racing game that's just plain odd....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

waveform wrote: »
    To be fair Rellik really did look after it well, it looks brand new.

The high density cardboard he used to protect it, is almost like solid wood, never quite seen anything like it.

I'm after ordering 4 SFC games that use an enhancement chip also from Hit Japan. :)

I'm not sure really if I'll buy more games down the line, maybe only carts that use those chips.

AAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrggghhhh my matey!

Yaar, that be a fine AAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrggghhhh ye scurvy dog. Be it VGA graded?

Have an eyepatch, the crew say I don't look so dapper wearing two all day. :cool:

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I still think that Kirby on the Nes is a wonder on par with SMB3, and a cracking game.
    The compilation they released on the DS is fantastic as well.
    Lets face it, everything with Kirby as the star is great, aside from Kirby 64 and that GC racing game that's just plain odd....

You've mentioned 3 kirby games there, one of them is the the one currently heading towards my hands.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Suzuka 8 hours On the SFC arrived this morning, all nice and complete with box, manual, cart an plastic tray.

Has to be the Nes game then, although the Snes game is simply incredible.
    I so want to buy some more games!

I don't have a NES.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

OwaynOTT wrote: »

I don't have a NES.

GTFO.

Oh wait...

Kirby 64?
    It is odd and the pacing is way off normal Kirby games, plays very similar to Yoshi on the N64.
    Kirbys Air Ride is insane.
    A one button, plus analogue stick, racing game, with the button powering up attacks, unleashing drifts, slowing up and speeding up, all at the same time!
    It looks great though, and there are three game modes to keep you entertained.
    You can see how hard it is to pigeon hole though.

Some games are terrible, like Rebel Strike on the GC.
    Some games are demanding and require investment from the player before they are rewarded, Race Pro on the 360 is a good example.
    Kirbys Air Ride, not sure if it's just broken or is inspired and I'm just not smart enough to get it.....

Kirby 64?
    It is odd and the pacing is way off normal Kirby games, plays very similar to Yoshi on the N64.
    Kirbys Air Ride is insane.
    A one button, plus analogue stick, racing game, with the button powering up attacks, unleashing drifts, slowing up and speeding up, all at the same time!
    It looks great though, and there are three game modes to keep you entertained.
    You can see how hard it is to pigeon hole though.

Some games are terrible, like Rebel Strike on the GC.
    Some games are demanding and require investment from the player before they are rewarded, Race Pro on the 360 is a good example.
    Kirbys Air Ride, not sure if it's just broken or is inspired and I'm just not smart enough to get it.....

I won't say which it is yet but it's one of those two. Keep you interested :p

I reckon Air Ride is inspired and all that entails.

Even the top down section?
    It's just weird.
    I'd love to know what they were smoking when they designed the thing.
    I'd say Shigsy was locked out of the offices when it was being developed....

• Advertisement

So this just arrived...

wxw2q.jpg

Pity my compressed air etc hasn't arrived yet to clean the Saturn otherwise I doubt my system will boot this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement