Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Suzuka 8 hours On the SFC arrived this morning, all nice and complete with box, manual, cart an plastic tray.

Good work! Isn't that box art excellent? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭Doge

Suzuka 8 hours On the SFC arrived this morning, all nice and complete with box, manual, cart an plastic tray.

Is it any good?

Was one of the carts I saw on the list that I was tempted to buy.

I've played the Arcade version with the tilting bike before, but I don't know how the SNES version compares.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

It really is fantastic artwork.

I haven't played it yet but do remember liking the arcade version. Check out some videos on YouTube of it to give you an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

My 2 new Nintendo iQue's just left China with a load of games on one of them and the other one has been left sealed.

Price= 0 euro plus 0 euro delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

Steve SI wrote: »
    My 2 new Nintendo iQue's just left China with a load of games on one of them and the other one has been left sealed.

Price= 0 euro plus 0 euro delivery.

:confused: Are you a wizard???

• Advertisement

a5y wrote: »
    :confused: Are you a wizard???

I have wizardy powers of persuasion sometimes :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And you were flogging these zero sum iQues for how much on Adverts????? ;)
    You should get a job sorting out Mick Wallis' accounts!

On a brighter note...
    Well done Achilles on what is probably the only Sonic game you will ever need, most excellent, and an infinite number of thumbs up from this jaded Sonic fan.

SteveSI sings this in karaoke:

Result: Record sales go up. Depression goes down.

(Krom help us all if he sings Barbie Girl by Aqua though...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well done Achilles on what is probably the only Sonic game you will ever need,

He didn't buy Sonic 2 though...............................;):p

EnterNow wrote: »
    He didn't buy Sonic 2 though...............................;):p

Without a Game Gear though what's he gonna run it on?

• Advertisement

And you were flogging these zero sum iQues for how much on Adverts????? ;)
    You should get a job sorting out Mick Wallis' accounts!

I'm selling the one I got a couple of months ago now on adverts. The one with a few extra games installed on it. I'm not into profiteering like a lot of peeps on adverts.

Now stop trolling and but that iQue CiderDude :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, I went into Gamestop to get my son something nice for his upcoming birthday, he's celebrating his 9th year tomorrow with a party.
    Got him the Dragons Peak Pack for Skylanders, or as I like to call it, "Crack Cocaine for the under 12's".
    Also ended up getting Sega Rally and Fuel for the 360, Edge did a very nice piece on Fuel in the latest issue and made want to pick it up, only a tenner, Sega Rally, well, for 6 quid it's cheap and it's Sega Rally, who can resist? Well, I could up to now....
    The last thing I got was DQV, Hand of the Heavenly Bride for the DS, another tenner, and looking at eBay, looks like a got a good deal, most European copies are going for €35 plus.
    So not a bad little haul.....
    Up to the point I happened to ask the assistant if they had Cave Story 3D perchance?
    Tappity tappity tap tap on the keyboard and it turns out they have two in stores around the country, €40 so not cheap, but a great game and very very rare for the 3DS.
    Should have it during the week!
    And..... I'll trade in the recently acquired Mario Kart DS! That was only a tenner but I'll get €20 on trade, so Cave Story 3D will only run me €20!
    I'll just wait for the next Mario Kart DS to come along, I know I know, I'm a bad person ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Picked up Pokemon Red for a euro in work today :3
    2012-06-16+00.29.15.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Sera wrote: »
    Picked up Pokemon Red for a euro in work today :3

I got abuse in work today and a customer complaint, apparently when someone asks for your advice they particularly want you to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Not retro but picked up Lollipop Chainsaw and Gravity Rush today. Gravity Rush I'm particularly looking forward to playing, because as well as looking absolutely beautiful, the demo was a lot of fun to play, the gravity shift mechanic worked wonderfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

On a brighter note...
    Well done Achilles on what is probably the only Sonic game you will ever need, most excellent, and an infinite number of thumbs up from this jaded Sonic fan.
    In fairness Sonic Generations whilst a bit too short was a welcome return to form. Btw if you guys have Xboxes add me, gamertag is mrvestek.

:-)

Damn!
    I knew there was something I wanted to pick up, before I spent my money elsewhere, Lollipop Chainsaw!

Maybe my Fathers Day gift this year will be a gift voucher for somewhere that stocks it, will have to drop a few hints........

Damn!
    I knew there was something I wanted to pick up, before I spent my money elsewhere, Lollipop Chainsaw!

Maybe my Fathers Day gift this year will be a gift voucher for somewhere that stocks it, will have to drop a few hints........
    HMV are doing it cheap enough at the minute, around the €15 mark.

€15 for a new game? Is it any good? Seen lots of hype for it. Is the NTSC-J version a bit more adult? Just something I think I read somewhere...

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I got abuse in work today and a customer complaint, apparently when someone asks for your advice they particularly want you to speak.
    yeah, well, we'd stuff robbed (; n ; ). That's lousy though, I thought you were in collage? did you find summer work or had it all along

• Advertisement

What!!! My ass is there!!!

Well, it's here, but as soon as it's convenient and I can get away without being spotted, my ass is there!!!

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Are you an altar boy? :D

And as for work...

I'm on two weeks holidays!

Hurrah!

Sons birthday tomorrow, he's 9 and then have to get some stuff painted for the Stephens Green exhibition the weekend starting 22nd of June, I'm just about on the corner of the green, next to the gates, position 3.... that's really heavy... lots a pressure, especially for a guy who is only rockin' with paintings of mushrooms with windows and doors at the moment :(
    Fingers crossed!

Sons birthday tomorrow, he's 9
    awh he's so big (>w<) is he having a party?
    and then have to get some stuff painted for the Stephens Green exhibition the weekend starting 22nd of June
    Fingers crossed!
    I saw your paintings you don't need much luck but I'll give you some anyway. How long is it there for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

You sure Lollipop Chainsaw is only €15 in HMV? Sucks for me if so, paid full whack in GameStop. Says 30 sterling on the HMV site anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Are you an altar boy? :D

I was. I really don't get why your asking though? Did I type my post out arse ways? Enlighten me. Hard to get an accurate one from my phone. Someone was asking for help from me but when I went to answer them they just kept talking over me. My favourite facet of retail is how you gradually begin to love the public and all their little foibles.
    yeah, well, we'd stuff robbed (; n ; ). That's lousy though, I thought you were in collage? did you find summer work or had it all along

Had it all along. Working for the a quaint corporate giant called hutchison whampoa. Working everyday for next two weeks covering holidays and losing my patience.

awh he's so big (>w<) is he having a party?
    Yup,
    Hired a big inflatable slide too, 10 mins later it started raining!
    I saw your paintings you don't need much luck but I'll give you some anyway. How long is it there for?

Thanks for that.
    Having nice stuff isn't enough, especially as folk just don't have the money to spend on art, regardless of how much they like it.
    I settle for kind words, and in those I do rather well, and I'm happy with that tbh.

I'll be there from the Friday until Sunday, if the weather is nice there's nowhere better, get to soak in all the good vibes from the other artists and see lots of great paintings, well worth a viewing if you are up in Dublin with your beloved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Yup,

Last time I went on a wet inflatable slide, I woke up a quarter-mile away. As you were.

Yup,

I'll be there from the Friday until Sunday, if the weather is nice there's nowhere better, get to soak in all the good vibes from the other artists and see lots of great paintings, well worth a viewing if you are up in Dublin with your beloved.
    Typical sure, tell him we've birthday around the same time, my oldest bff's birthday was Thursday and my childhood friend had his tonight, so many birthdays.
    Hopefully me and Retr0 can pop down and see you, I'll have a big sign like Winning Streak :P

• Advertisement

Sorry guys I thought you were talking about wanting to pick up Sonic Generations not Lollipop Chainsaw.

On a lighter note I'm doing my first and only Saturday shift in work today and I'll be the only one in the office.

Guess who's going to be playing their Dreamcast in a meeting room with huge projector all day? (Whilst also getting work done I assure you).

:-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement