Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,608 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

And then while it burns, Retr0 can dance around the flames in his Japanese schoolgirl outfit, forever expelling the evil Rise of the Robots demons back to hell?

Sounds like it might work!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Steve SI wrote: »
    Another fine Rise of the Robots item arrived this morning. I'm sure you're all very excited to see what it could be but I don't have a camera with me right now so it will have to wait until later on today :)

I need to get my hands on a game gear version of the game and I think the collection is complete, I think.

Edit:
    On a side note, what's the most spectacular way to burn a selection of boxes, CD's, floppy disks, Carts and manuals? Preferable something that would look good on camera and not attract the attention of any authorities.

Stick the whole lot on Adverts for 1 Million (make sure to mention rare a few times) - will sell in minutes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Stick the whole lot on Adverts for 1 Million (make sure to mention rare a few times) - will sell in minutes.

Or, get those VGA people to seal the lot in a clear bin bag, sell it all for billions!

Master of the Universe

I wonder would the VGA refuse to grade Rise of the Robots? It would be funny to get the most minty mint mint one possible and get a 95+ rating. Would be by far the highest score the game has ever seen anywhere :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Their some things that 'rare' will not work for. Even throwing in 'not made anymore' and 'good condition considering its age' would not work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Yis are all hatin on me Rise of the Robots collection.

Today's delivery probably wont help:
    Click image to experience the full resolution of this excellent purchase.

dsc1716b.jpg

That's right!!!! 14 floppy disks of pure awesomeness, as long as your PC has a graphics card and monitor that can handle SVGA.

Master of the Universe

'If you experience any problems in loading the disks in this product, please ring....'

'Hello! I have a problem - I think I'm missing a disk!'

'Which one?'

'The one with all the fun on it :('

Master of the Universe

Do you have a nice fully boxed Snes version Steve_SI? If you don't this one is super cheap

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RISE-OF-THE-ROBOTS-BOXED-SUPER-NINTENDO-SNES-CART-PAL-GAME-/221018146238?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item3375b545be

Or if you've ever wanted a version where someone drew over the cover with a silver marker, your wait is now over.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sega-Mega-Drive-Rise-of-the-Robots-/170704947537?pt=AU_PC_Video_Games_Games&hash=item27becec951

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

Edit:
    On a side note, what's the most spectacular way to burn a selection of boxes, CD's, floppy disks, Carts and manuals? Preferable something that would look good on camera and not attract the attention of any authorities.

O1s1n posted a link to this last month, maybe check if he knows a good crematorium :D

208694.png

Also, are you serious about torching 'em? :( Bummer.

I mean, asside from the game being bad and a con, there's some interesting enough packaging design happening. Fitting 14 floppy disks into a package is a skill that no one will ever need again except for retro revivalists.

Hell, if someone announced a "new" Monkey Island-clone Kickstarter with the aim of releasing a limited run of 'em as floppies to work on a computer from the early 1990s...

(I think waiting for ReDux isn't helping my neuroses...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Received today:

Retro Game Challenge (aka Game Centre CX) [NTSC-U, Nintendo DS, Sealed, BNIB]
    i5Z8YW89pmhl1.JPG
    ieYQv8sUdz5j1.JPG

Raiden Fighters Aces [NTSC-U, XBOX 360, Sealed, BNIB]
    ibn99Y2NYJnEA0.JPG
    ixQ8huYuXV0lw.JPG

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, and here's another video I made tonight about that DELL CRT I got yesterday.

Watch it (or not! :pac:). Then go buy one. :)

Master of the Universe

Ahhh I didn't realize that RetroGame Challenge for the DS was a Game Centre CX title! I played that one a lot when it came out. Really good fun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I played a bit of it, very well done, reminds me a bit of an old C64 title called Lazy Jones.
    Must play some more, but trying to get my PSP Go to do what it's supposed to!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Nice gets pyongyang. I'd no idea Retro Game Challenge had anything to do with that CX show? Remember playing it ages ago, it's very good. Fighters Aces - 3 games for the price of 1, nuff said. I take it that still hasn't released for PAL folks?

The PAL release looks doomed. I cancelled my pre-order at Amazon.de as it just kept getting pushed further back.

I'd love the NTSC-J release, but the price it commands is ridiculous when you can get the NTSC-U version for a fraction. That said, you don't get the Superplay disc with the NTSC-U release (or the PAL release, if it ever materialises)...

The only thing I don't like about Retro Game Challenge is all the characters were changed from AD's to Gamefan staff. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Pyongyang wrote: »
    The PAL release looks doomed. I cancelled my pre-order at Amazon.de as it just kept getting pushed further back.

I'd love the NTSC-J release, but the price it commands is ridiculous when you can get the NTSC-U version for a fraction. That said, you don't get the Superplay disc with the NTSC-U release (or the PAL release, if it ever materialises)...

Enjoyed through modified 360 goodness?

EnterNow wrote: »

I needs me a gods damn modified 360 so bad for my cab :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I needs me a gods damn modified 360 so bad for my cab :(

You really do man, in fact, everyone does. Bedamned region locking

It's the one thing I thought I'd have organised by now. Anyway, as i said before as soon as my Star Wars 360 arrives the old slim is getting glitched.

Of course. Good old TouchingVirus. :)

• Advertisement

And swapping discs. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I know this is off topic... but then again what isn't these days?

Here's the real story behind why I had to get my hair cut recently:

Thought you guys might like it... ;-)

I love the smell of CAPITAL LETTERS in the morning.

208742.jpg

Pictured below:
    The most difficult to peel off sticky backed paper I've encountered in a long time.

208743.jpg

And some photos of the assembled case with my Pi inside.

208744.jpg

208745.jpg

Very, very pleased with this. Excuse me while I put a record on. :cool:

What's the thing that looks like an IDE cable?

Pyongyang wrote: »
    What's the thing that looks like an IDE cable?

Its called a GPIO cable. Honestly I've sod all idea what it does, but I'm starting electronics as a hobby and can see myself wanting to play with the pins since they do so much interesting stuff on those Arduino thingamajigs.

I'd heard a few stories of the GPIO pins getting bent and since the cable only cost an extra $4, was made to fit and looked like a good way to protect the pins too I decided to get it.

a5y wrote: »
    Its called a GPIO cable. Honestly I've sod all idea what it does, but I'm starting electronics as a hobby and can see myself wanting to play with the pins since they do so much interesting stuff on those Arduino thingamajigs.

I'd heard a few stories of the GPIO pins getting bent and since the cable only cost an extra $4, was made to fit and looked like a good way to protect the pins too I decided to get it.

I'd be more concerned about shorting out something by touching off the wrong GPIO pins while doing some mod work.
    Thats why I have that bit of Sugru covering my pins until I need them. I know that someone over on the Rasp Pi forums shorted out their Pi that way. They were lucky though and it worked again after a day or so.

That case looks very neat a5y, very nice! The black and white tabletop or whatever in the background - I keep expecting James Bond to walk past and shoot. :D

I'd be more concerned about shorting out something by touching off the wrong GPIO pins while doing some mod work.
    Thats why I have that bit of Sugru covering my pins until I need them. I know that someone over on the Rasp Pi forums shorted out their Pi that way. They were lucky though and it worked again after a day or so.

The new one's will have to come with a disclaimer:

"Listen, and understand. That Raspberry Pi is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."

Andrew76 wrote: »
    That case looks very neat a5y, very nice! The black and white tabletop or whatever in the background - I keep expecting James Bond to walk past and shoot. :D

Your comment made me laugh. :D

"In other new today disgraced ex-British MI6 member James Bond today went on a shooting rampage in Ikea. Unconfirmed reports say mister Bond had been on sick leave after his recent public outburst concerning secret bases in volcanoes. Here's Nuala with the weather forecast."

• Advertisement

a5y wrote: »

This might help explain the GPIO a bit more, maybe.
    It's from the elinux wiki.

GPIOs.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement