Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

Varied wrote: »
    Never knew there were so many picky people

It's like "Guess the prize behind door number 3" but with infinite doors. You're always being compared to the next mystery prize.

Might as well just wait for "Google dating"(*) which will probably just email you and tell you to go live with the person it picked out for you.

(*) in beta though so watch out...

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

G-Money wrote: »
    That Meet Me thing is a bit weird alright. I've had a few girls apparently pick me on that, but they don't email and don't reply when I send them a mail.

I noticed something new on POF today/yesterday. A girl sent me a flirt, but apparently it's a feature only available to women...

"Hello G-Money, <girlsnamehere> has expressed interest in you! (This is a flirt option for women)"
    Think the Flirt thing is a new feature. I only noticed it since I signed back up. I have used it once or twice. Guy replied but others probably won't. Felt I was taking the cowards way out sending it but when I send messages I'm not getting replies. It's a handy lazy option like the Meet me thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Jeez this thing is harsh.

Never knew there were so many picky people

That's what people are like. They want the "ideal" person - ie: I'm going back to the remark about the George Clooney type for women and the drop dead gorgeous leggy blonde type for men.

People are too fussy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

People are too fussy.
    It's their prerogative! When they start complaining that they are single, then they are being too fussy but otherwise it's their choice!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Date #2 went brilliantly :) #3 is organised for tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

To the guys what does it look like when you get one of those flirt me messages? Does it just look like you got an ordinary mail or something different? It must be new as I've only noticed it since I've logged back onto Pof.

Had date 1 with first guy last night. Neither of us drinking. Conversation flowed well enough. Had a little kiss at end of night. Not sure though. I'll meet him again if he's interested and will see how it goes
    Supposed to have a coffee date with guy 2 this evening but waiting for it to be confirmed.

Ammsy500 wrote: »
    To the guys what does it look like when you get one of those flirt me messages? Does it just look like you got an ordinary mail or something different? It must be new as I've only noticed it since I've logged back onto Pof.

Is "flirt me" like one of those quick flirt things? Whenever I get those on any site, I instantly delete them. If somebody isn't going to take the time to actually compose a message, I'm most certainly not going to take the time to reply.

What's with this weird hunched-over pose I've been seeing women do a lot? Like they're trying to show cleavage but not really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Im trying to arrange another date with himself but its proving to be really difficult

he doesnt work weekends but he has friends coming over this weekend but he wont be free until thursday, but i have a birthday that night so i suggested the saturday but he is flying back home for the weekend gah this saddens :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Ammsy500 wrote: »

It just looks like a regular mail. You open it and it just says "So and so has sent you a flirt". I posted the full message yesterday on this thread so you can see yourself what it's like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭miaowsky

I have returned to the dating scene! Bring it on little fishies...I need to fill up my calendar ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Pembily wrote: »
    It's their prerogative! When they start complaining that they are single, then they are being too fussy but otherwise it's their choice!!!

Probably the same folks that start threads with titles like, "Where are all the decent guys/gals in Dublin????"
    My answer to such questions:
    Hiding from you!!
    :pac:

Meant to ask, did the 'Viewed Me' thing on POF reset/change recently? It only shows 5 for me now. It used to show about 30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Galvasean wrote: »
    Meant to ask, did the 'Viewed Me' thing on POF reset/change recently? It only shows 5 for me now. It used to show about 30.

Sure did, twice actually. I got a message about some kind of maintenance ongoing. Must be a server issue.

It's quite funny though. Before there was two certain girls amongst the rest on my viewed my list, I took no notice. Then it reset, they had viewed me again. After the second reset they showed again.

I mailed them and am talking to both now :pac:

Herrick wrote: »
    It's quite funny though. Before there was two certain girls amongst the rest on my viewed my list, I took no notice. Then it reset, they had viewed me again. After the second reset they showed again.

I mailed them and am talking to both now :pac:

That tactic is known as 'sharking' - when you don't really have the kahonies to take the first plunge so you attempt to make your presence known by repeatedly visiting someone's page in the hope that they will mail you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

What's an appropriate answer to "Are you goodlooking?" :pac:

Samich wrote: »
    What's an appropriate answer to "Are you goodlooking?" :pac:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder??
    Have they seen your pic and if so why ask!

ladylost wrote: »
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder??
    Have they seen your pic and if so why ask!

I mailed her first, she mailed back (both profiles picless). I mail again, she mails back something along the lines of "Are you goodlooking? No point hanging around :)" I said "Decide for yourself and sent the pic".

I get a reply saying "you should be confident, good luck" or something. And was blocked.

Also chatting away to a girl for a while, asks for a pic, I send it. No reply. And that's the only 2 girls I fancied messaging so might aswell delete the profile again :) Oh well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Probably the same folks that start threads with titles like, "Where are all the decent guys/gals in Dublin????"
    My answer to such questions:
    Hiding from you!!
    :pac:

No need to be ignorant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

Hi Samich there are millions of women out there who would love to meet you.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

I'm told I'm a fairly attractive guy I'd be good arm candy for the Gucci boho chic type LOL
    But you see mate I'm not very well off and a bit alternative in my ways so a nice arty outdoorsy woman of the world would suit me.

Those that are into looks, money, status,handbags mercs and BMW s etc are quite nice to have as friends and I know a few they just have an expensive taste.
    It's not shallow its their lifestyle and the work hard for it...

I made a mistake in judging people on dating sites and now I realize that classy drop dead gorgeous woman is another person just there for the same reason as everyone else...

What she likes in Diamonds I like in Spades.

So Samich you will get loads of dates just don't stop believing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Samich wrote: »
    I mailed her first, she mailed back (both profiles picless). I mail again, she mails back something along the lines of "Are you goodlooking? No point hanging around :)"

I get a reply saying "you should be confident, good luck" or something. And was blocked.

To be honest, I think you dodged a bullet with this particular lass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

TG, when's your next date? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Sorry folks just a quick question about POF. I turned 31 there a week or so ago and now I'm trying to mail a girl who has "To mail me: Age between 27 and 30" on her profile.

Is there anyway around this? I don't remember POF being so specific before as I have similar constrains on my profile but people outside these have managed to message me before. I think POF must have tightened up on this sort of stuff recently. It's a bit of a pain in the ass TBH!

Edit: Or possibly I just never noticed this before as I guess 30 is a natural age limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

coco_lola wrote: »

Tomorrow. Meeting her for the day. Not sure what we're doing yet. Depends on the weather. She does want to grab some hot chocolate... but not just any chocolate dear reader... oh no.

Brother Hubbard's hot chocolate.

1e2uck.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Sorry folks just a quick question about POF. I turned 31 there a week or so ago and now I'm trying to mail a girl who has "To mail me: Age between 27 and 30" on her profile.

Is there anyway around this? I don't remember POF being so specific before as I have similar constrains on my profile but people outside these have managed to message me before. I think POF must have tightened up on this sort of stuff recently. It's a bit of a pain in the ass TBH!

Edit: Or possibly I just never noticed this before as I guess 30 is a natural age limit.

I'm pretty sure you can limit who want to email you based on their age. It's happened me a few times. I just ignore and think "their loss" and move onto the next profile. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

That_Guy wrote: »
    coco_lola wrote: »

Tomorrow. Meeting her for the day. Not sure what we're doing yet. Depends on the weather. She does want to grab some hot chocolate... but not just any chocolate dear reader... oh no.

Brother Hubbard's hot chocolate.

1e2uck.jpg

That sounds great! Are you gonna ask.her to be your lady friend :)

No need to be ignorant.

Something tells me that word doesn't mean what you think it means...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Your post implied that all fussy people are "hiding" from me or another poster.

It was an ignorant statement, ie uninformed.

That_Guy wrote: »
    To be honest, I think you dodged a bullet with this particular lass.

Ah but there was no bullet there for me to dodge ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Your post implied that all fussy people are "hiding" from me or another poster.

It was an ignorant statement, ie uninformed.
    He was making a general statement, not specifically to you! I don't think his post was ignorant, it was harsh, truthful and was meant in a joke / sarcastic way, thus he had no reason to be informed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement