Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Already did. No reply

Some people are slower than others to text back. U might hear yet.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dub5

G-Money wrote: »
    I thought so but she just text again there now asking the same thing.

Ignore if you dont want to meet her, she will eventually get the message, hopefully!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

dub5 wrote: »
    Ignore if you dont want to meet her, she will eventually get the message, hopefully!!!

I thought she had. She text'd last week saying it wasn't working and wished me all the best. The next day she text'd me her pic and she's text'd twice in the last 24 hours. Getting kinda sick of it. I'm going to get a new number tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I thought she had. She text'd last week saying it wasn't working and wished me all the best. The next day she text'd me her pic and she's text'd twice in the last 24 hours. Getting kinda sick of it. I'm going to get a new number tomorrow.

Are you serious? :confused: But that's so much hassle!

Would you not just text/ring her and ask her not to text you anymore?

And if she does, even after that, just ignore it.

Changing your number seems incredibly drastic!

It's hassle but I haven't replied to her texts for at least a month at this stage and she's still not getting the hint. I don't want to speak to her and I get the feeling if I did ask her to stop, she'd wouldn't. Plus I don't want the worry that she will text me again at some point a few weeks or months down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I had a stalker before, but I just kept ignoring, after a few weeks of ignoring, he gave up. He sends the odd text "accidentally" every now and then but I ignore. I threatened him with going to the guards and blocking his number and contact dropped off pretty quickly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

It's hassle but I haven't replied to her texts for at least a month at this stage and she's still not getting the hint. I don't want to speak to her and I get the feeling if I did ask her to stop, she'd wouldn't. Plus I don't want the worry that she will text me again at some point a few weeks or months down the line.

Well why not just try asking her? Text her saying, in a straightforward way, that you're not interested in her, you don't want to hear from her any more, and you'd appreciate it if she could please delete your number.

If she still keeps texting you, well then you could change your number.

It just seems like a crazy amount of hassle to go changing your phone number, unless as a last resort!!

Well why not just try asking her? Text her saying, in a straightforward way, that you're not interested in her, you don't want to hear from her any more, and you'd appreciate it if she could please delete your number.

If she still keeps texting you, well then you could change your number.

It just seems like a crazy amount of hassle to go changing your phone number, unless as a last resort!!

I see your point, but I literally don't want to text her or anything.

Besides, no-one ever calls me or text's me anyway so it will hardly make any difference :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Right so i have been trying really hard to try organize date 2! Just when you think there is a moment of opportunity something ruins it!
    honestly im giving up hope at this stage and i think he is too! :(
    although he did sent me a really nice text for my birthday which was nice! :)

Im talking to another guy at the moment too, he is a year older than me and is my twin in every sense possible (except looks :p) we have a ridiculous amount in common and he has a great sense of humour and is easy going!

is it wrong that i feel bad for talking to two guys at the one time?
    i dont know why but i do :o

I sometimes feel like that but I usually draw the line at organising dates with more than one girl at a time. I prefer to wait and see if things progress with one girl before making plans with another.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭chocolatrose

This is how I've been feeling too..It just feels wrong:confused:

I guess the best thing to do is to give the guy you see the most potential in and maybe is showing the most interest the best shot:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

I used feel like that when chatting to more than one girl. But the reality of it is, a person can stop talking to you and blank you at the drop of a hat, even if you thought things were going fantastically.

I'd say if you like more than one, chat to them all. You don't want to end up ruling out other good people just because your talking to someone already who could disappear in a flash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I sometimes feel like that but I usually draw the line at organising dates with more than one girl at a time. I prefer to wait and see if things progress with one girl before making plans with another.

yeah that is the thing, i dont want to organise dates with two different guys at the one time. But ill see if i can even find a suitable time for date 2 and ill see if there is a possibility of a date with number 2!

you wha? wrote: »
    Don't give up hope!maybe take a break if its wrecking your head but dont rule it out completely.i nearly did and am so glad i didn't as ive been seeing an amazing guy about a month now :) Keep the faith!!
    ladylost wrote: »
    Did something happen or are you just fed up? If you are fed up maybe hide your profile for a while? Or rejig it or new pics?
    Try to keep the faith :)

Nothing bad happened per se, or anything at all really, it's just that it seems like a lot of effort for little or no reward.

Am I the only one that gets annoyed when I read that Marilyn Monroe quote? The exact same could apply to men. I should add it to my profile.

Nothing bad happened per se, or anything at all really, it's just that it seems like a lot of effort for little or no reward.

Am I the only one that gets annoyed when I read that Marilyn Monroe quote? The exact same could apply to men. I should add it to my profile.

Maybe hide your profile for a while or just stop logging in. I know sometimes I get too addicted to it and get fed up when I don't get mails and can see people I contacted online but at times like that I think it's time to take a step back. That's what I do anyway.

Pardon my ignorance but what's the Marilyn Monroe quote? Maybe I should add it to my profile :confused:

Well I've found a way to block that girl's texts and calls without needing to change my mobile number. Thanks need to go out to an unnamed individual on here who had some similar trouble and pointed me to some software that will sort the issue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Date #4 tonight. If it goes as well as the other ones I will be deleting my profiles in the morning. :D

LoTwan wrote: »
    Date #4 tonight. If it goes as well as the other ones I will be deleting my profiles in the morning. :D

Good luck LoTwan! Exciting :D

Pardon my ignorance but what's the Marilyn Monroe quote? Maybe I should add it to my profile :confused:

I think it's that "If you can't handle me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best" quote.

coco_lola wrote: »
    I think it's that "If you can't handle me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best" quote.
    Thanks coco_lola. Don't think I'll be putting that on my profile

• Advertisement

Thanks coco_lola. Don't think I'll be putting that on my profile

Yeah, majority of women who use that quote are total drama queens anyway!

On that note, what is the deal with this "YOLO" craze circulating profiles (and Facebook pages)?? It's very annoying :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

I find it very hypocritical when I see profiles with no/private picture but the mail settings at the bottom state that you must have a picture to contact this person :rolleyes:.

On another note, still no joy on my end. One reply out of twenty messages sent and that was just to tell me that I wasnt tall enough for her when she's in heels but wished me the best of luck all the same. Fair play to her for replying though as nobody else could be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,655 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

D_murph wrote: »
    I find it very hypocritical when I see profiles with no/private picture but the mail settings at the bottom state that you must have a picture to contact this person :rolleyes:.

On another note, still no joy on my end. One reply out of twenty messages sent and that was just to tell me that I wasnt tall enough for her when she's in heels but wished me the best of luck all the same. Fair play to her for replying though as nobody else could be bothered.

This kinda stuff annoys me. Fair enough she replied to you but judging someone before youve even met them on their height alone is pretty bizarre.
    Appearance i can understand as if theres no physical attraction its not really gonna happen, but height? And yes i get that most girls like their men to be at least the same size if not slightly taller but unless theres 2 foot between you i dont see how someone can be that picky before even talking to you face to face?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭chocolatrose

Just wondering Is there anyway of hiding someone on pof from appearing in your searches??? Not just blocking them..

I find it a bit odd too that some girls are putting stuff like "if you're not over 5ft 10" don't get in touch as I'm tall and like wearing heels blah blah" or something. I guess that's fair enough and they're free to say what they do and don't want, but I imagine if I said I just wanted girls with a chest size greater than X, I'd be slaughtered.

I find it a bit odd too that some girls are putting stuff like "if you're not over 5ft 10" don't get in touch as I'm tall and like wearing heels blah blah" or something. I guess that's fair enough and they're free to say what they do and don't want, but I imagine if I said I just wanted girls with a chest size greater than X, I'd be slaughtered.

There are loads of guys who have up that they want a good looking girl who must be a, b, c too. It's not acceptable from either side really but for me when I read their profile I just think nah, I'm sure I'm not your type if you have that many demands straight off. Saves both our time in the long run really I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I am currently out of work but and really trying to find something. Do you think I should avoid online dating until I get settled into a new job?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

So I met up with a guy for a pint while we were at the same festival, and he was really lovely, definitely a spark there for me. We even had a bit of a kiss and held hands before we parted ways :) Only problem is the distance. If he likes me as much as I like him I hope he might be willing to put in the effort :) We'll see how it goes.
    I have however got another date this week sometime, with a guy that lives closer so if that goes just as well I've a feeling I'll feel a bit torn. And guilty!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Ankhyu wrote: »
    So I met up with a guy for a pint while we were at the same festival, and he was really lovely, definitely a spark there for me. We even had a bit of a kiss and held hands before we parted ways :) Only problem is the distance. If he likes me as much as I like him I hope he might be willing to put in the effort :) We'll see how it goes.
    I have however got another date this week sometime, with a guy that lives closer so if that goes just as well I've a feeling I'll feel a bit torn. And guilty!

What distance are you taking about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

LoTwan wrote: »
    What distance are you taking about?

Well he lives about 3 hours away, but he'll be closer for the summer months, about an hour and a half which is quite good! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement