Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

yeahimhere wrote: »
    Oh wow, he seems charming;

" you sound so innocent. I bet you're a real Cunt."

Lovely.

Seriously though, what was his point of sending that message!? I just don't get it. hmmm maybe I should go back to a private profile picture.
    Unfortunately I think some people take rejection or lack of success very personally and then take their frustration out on whoever is online. Which only guarantees that they will continue to fail but anyway :rolleyes: Block him and forget him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

In other news, it seems like I have a date on Wednesday.
    Worth a go, I guess!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

In other news, it seems like I have a date on Wednesday.
    Worth a go, I guess!
    Oh brilliant! "Worth a go"? You've been giving out about no dates for ages :P That's great news :)

miamee wrote: »
    Oh brilliant! "Worth a go"? You've been giving out about no dates for ages :P That's great news :)

I know, haha. I need to sharpen up my act now! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Getting nowhere here, except close to the world record for the amount of blanks I'm getting. I'm not massively bothered about it, it's kind of become funny actually.

I reckon I might axe my profile soon and try and take an extended break from online dating. I'd like to think I might meet someone in the real world and start seeing them but it's never happened before though! :o:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

G-Money wrote: »
    Getting nowhere here, except close to the world record for the amount of blanks I'm getting. I'm not massively bothered about it, it's kind of become funny actually.

I reckon I might axe my profile soon and try and take an extended break from online dating. I'd like to think I might meet someone in the real world and start seeing them but it's never happened before though! :o:(

Its just a bad patch you are going through , I find it seems to be like that for awhile and then I get a reply and then I'm messaging 10 people at the same time . Right now I'll keep browsing but it will go on the back burner for X-mas.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

G-Money wrote: »

You should. I never meet anyone in the real world either (in fact, I'd say it's nearly 5 years since that happened), would actually much prefer to meet someone just randomly, than via OD.

Plus less time on OD is more time for getting involved in other interesting activities. I'm gonna get out there more and just go meet some new people in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 chakasklap

Seriously though, what was his point of sending that message!? I just don't get it. hmmm maybe I should go back to a private profile picture.

You're your own person, with your own rules - and they're either pass or fail. I'm going to presume that responder is a fail by your standards - I hope I'm right. But I'm going to suggest that you don't let him limit you in any way.

Just because guys who misbehave on the internet are vocal does not mean they are the majority. If he feels impotent with regard to make you happy, maybe he'll balance it out by trying to be potent by making you unhappy. Please don't let him succeed, you're better than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Unfortunately I think some people take rejection or lack of success very personally and then take their frustration out on whoever is online. Which only guarantees that they will continue to fail but anyway :rolleyes: Block him and forget him :)

Or rant about it on their profile. Too many OD users with a chip on their shoulder I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I've two dates lined up this week. Bit nervous about them as it's been a while. Don't even know if nervous is the right word to describe it... Gonna just look at it as a bit of banter before Christmas. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Larianne wrote: »
    I've two dates lined up this week. Bit nervous about them as it's been a while. Don't even know if nervous is the right word to describe it... Gonna just look at it as a bit of banter before Christmas. :)

Good luck with them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Don't even know if nervous is the right word to describe it... Gonna just look at it as a bit of banter before Christmas. :)

I've a date this evening and I feel like this too! Although I know my nervousness will only increase as the day goes on. Trying to remind myself that it's only a few Christmas drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

Good luck! That's exactly the right attitude and the way I treat them. Go in with no expectations, as you won't know beforehand if there'll be chemistry, if you'll fancy them in real life - if they'll even look anything like their profile pic!

So treating it as a bit of banter and a few drinks with someone who seems interesting and cool is the only way to go :)

riveratom wrote: »
    Good luck! That's exactly the right attitude and the way I treat them. Go in with no expectations, as you won't know beforehand if there'll be chemistry, if you'll fancy them in real life - if they'll even look anything like their profile pic!

So treating it as a bit of banter and a few drinks with someone who seems interesting and cool is the only way to go :)

Yeah, I'm at OD long enough (:o) to know how to approach it. I'll be around town so fitting them in with other stuff on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Yeah, I'm at OD long enough (:o) to know how to approach it. I'll be around town so fitting them in with other stuff on. :)

That's a good idea. Nothing worse than when you head out for the sole purpose of a date and it doesn't go well. Always good to have a backup plan.

Hmmm, everyone seems to be doing pretty well. Think I'll log in for a wee bit...

Oooh a message. "Your the fag from boards".

Looks like I got me a stalker! :pac:

Galvasean wrote: »
    Oooh a message. "Your the fag from boards".

Looks like I got me a stalker! :pac:
    Did a girl send you that?! Feck sake.

In my own dating 'news', I have been emailing back and forth with a nice chap on OKC since Friday evening. Unfortunately he's 10 years younger than me and in Scotland, lol. Still, random chats are better than nothing!

hollypink wrote: »

I've a date this evening and I feel like this too! Although I know my nervousness will only increase as the day goes on. Trying to remind myself that it's only a few Christmas drinks.
    Is this with the younger guy you mentioned before? Hope it goes well!

Is this with the younger guy you mentioned before? Hope it goes well!

Yes it is! I doubt anything will come of it because of the age gap but he seems nice so why not?

How big is the age gap?? I really wouldn't worry about age.

• Advertisement

hollypink wrote: »

Yes it is! I doubt anything will come of it because of the age gap but he seems nice so why not?
    Sure if you have a fun.evening that's pretty good and it sounds like ye get on well :)

Sure if you have a fun.evening that's pretty good and it sounds like ye get on well :)
    Yeah fingers crossed we will get on as well in real life as we do online! I've had my share of awkward first dates :o
    How big is the age gap?? I really wouldn't worry about age.
    10 years. I'm not normally too bothered by age gaps but 10 years is a lot I think. Anyway we'll see.

riveratom wrote: »

That's the spirit! And it's exactly how I will approach my date on Wednesday.
    There's nothing to lose, as a pessimist is never disappointed!

Good thinking, Lari. I'll be mooching out and about London during the day doing stuff before my date.
    Galvasean wrote: »
    That's a good idea. Nothing worse than when you head out for the sole purpose of a date and it doesn't go well. Always good to have a backup plan.

The good old Cineworld mega card!

Did a girl send you that?! Feck sake.

Looks like a troll profile. Bloody keyboard warriors.

*waves*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

Oh balls! One of the guys I was chatting to - turns out we work in the same company! How we've never seen each other though is a mystery. We're on the same floor and I walk by his section every day! Small world :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Oh balls! One of the guys I was chatting to - turns out we work in the same company! How we've never seen each other though is a mystery. We're on the same floor and I walk by his section every day! Small world :D

I saw a profile of a girl I knew from somewhere but couldnt quite place her, I decided to hold off on messaging her until I figured it out a few days later I twigged it was by Boss's ex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

I saw a profile of a girl I knew from somewhere but couldnt quite place her, I decided to hold off on messaging her until I figured it out a few days later I twigged it was by Boss's ex.

Oooh bosses ex would not have been fun! It'd be just my luck that I bump into him first thing tomorrow morning. It doesn't bother me really, I've just always kept work and my social life as separate as possible, so know I'll probably blush if I see him now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Eventually it gets to the stage where I've messaged every girl within a 30 mile radius, so there's not much that can be done at that stage except take a break for a while and hope that there will be some new people on it when I log back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 sarah42012

I say there'll be loads of newbies trying online dating in the new year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

yes I would think there will be more logging on in the new year also

Has anyone every tried dating agency like "Twos company"

I was going to give it a go but it may be just another waste of money

anyone tried it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement