Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs Barbarians Gloucester, 29 May NO TV, NO STREAMS.

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

As a Munster fan, I'd have Madigan over ROG and D. Kearney or Gilroy over Zebo any day. Madigan at least should have traveled with the squad. ROG was very poor for Munster this season. The drop goals apart he did little else. His introduction in the Rabo final made a massive impact in the game... for the Ospreys!

Zebo has made too many errors for me to be convinced about him yet. Hes a bit of a headless chicken, which I don't like to see. He is well able to take opportunities but creating opportunities is a different matter. He has butchered many chances by taking the wrong option. His passing needs to improve and he is a poor defender who doesn't like tackling. Lots of tries are conceded on his wing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

It's hard not to mock the guy when he openly states that he's above international standard, but I get where your coming from. Nobody can doubt the contribution he's made to Irish and Munster rugby.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I certainly wouldn't compare the reaction to Zebo and ROG. Zebo has a lot of potential and while I'd prefer Gilroy its a close run thing.

ROG is already the third best outhalf in Ireland and is only getting worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

boynesider wrote: »
    Here we go again. I really have no idea what Zebo has done to deserve such unpopularity. There are some people who are clearly dead set against the lad and who will look for any opportunity to criticise him.

I have nothing against Zebo and i know he has the potential to be a great player. The whole point of having forums like these is so we can discuss different players etc. Discussing a players weaknesses is hardly being dead set against him.

All im saying is that perhaps his try record isn't as impressive as at first glance when you look at the nature of the tries.

Just my opinion.

Advertisement