Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs Barbarians Gloucester, 29 May NO TV, NO STREAMS.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

How did Contepomi play? Was his winning kick tough?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

It sounded like ROG had an okay game, I think maybe I've been a little harsh on him recently. It was reactionary to the Ospreys game (where he was absolutely shambolic), but I've a feeling he wasn't fit... He hasn't actually turned into a terrible player overnight. He's on the decline but taking him to NZ was the right choice. But Madigan should have gone aswell.

As for Murray...he's great when his head is right. It's silly mistakes that are stopping him from progressing, but they are costing the teams he plays for. When he keeps his eye on the ball and just relaxes, plays his natural game, then he's definitely the best scrum-half in the country. I'm hoping Penney can have a good influence on him.

Good to hear that Tuohy had a good game, nice to see him perform. And Loughney aswell, very useful player to have around.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Blackheath

Contepomi played well but missed 1 kick. His winning kick looked easy in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

They'll be talking about this game in about 5 minutes on Rugby Club. Said there'd be action from the game, whatever that means.

wtf!? Good camera work there for the 18seconds of highlights we got to see.

Gilroy's setup for Earls' try was majestic.

There HAS to be a proper highlight reel available somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

Great work from Gilroy for the Earls try!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Just another angle of the Tindall try and a good break from Gilroy for Earls' try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Gilroys work for Earls try was fantastic. Pisses me off even more he isnt going on tour.

The game was clearly recorded by sky so full highlights are surely available somewhere right ?

LordSmeg wrote: »
    The game was clearly recorded by sky so full highlights are surely available somewhere right ?

Perhaps for the start of the DVD of "The Legendary tour to New Zealand when we managed to sneak a draw vs the AB's"?

Perhaps for the start of the DVD of "The Legendary tour to New Zealand when we managed to sneak a draw vs the AB's"?

Sounds like a great bonus DVD to accompany the Legendary Tour - The hard fought near win against Mick O'Driscolls barbarian horde of 2012.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

This is something I can't understand.

Would this game not have been televised in the event of dangerous play which would require citing?

Just say someone was gouged or bitten then surely tv replays would have to be obtained.......therefore......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

mfceiling wrote: »
    This is something I can't understand.

Would this game not have been televised in the event of dangerous play which would require citing?

Just say someone was gouged or bitten then surely tv replays would have to be obtained.......therefore......

Citings aplenty happen in games with no cameras.

Podge_irl wrote: »

What about a video ref ? Surely a game has to have a video ref who would need something to refer to when needed ?

Or would that only apply to competitive games ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Podge_irl wrote: »

But what happens if there are no cameras?

Is it the players word against another's or what if a player or official can't point out the accused?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Is it the players word against another's or what if a player or official can't point out the accused?

A hearing, an officials report etc. Players are banned playing J4 if caught. If there are no cameras, it's just far more likely they'll get away with it. If you go to an AIL game, you'll see stuff regularly that would have people calling for a citing in the HEC.

Ref and player testimony - just like what happens at club games or other lower lever games. There was a player banned in the HEC years back based on no camera or photographic evidence (Tincu I think). Fairly hefty ban too for a gauge.

If they can't point out the accused they get away with it.
    What about a video ref ? Surely a game has to have a video ref who would need something to refer to when needed ?

Not all games have video refs. I've been at a few ML games where the ref tried to go upstairs only to be told there were no cameras!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Highlights of the BaaBaas game on Sky Sports 3 now....for anyone who's still up....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

molloyjh wrote: »
    Highlights of the BaaBaas game on Sky Sports 3 now....for anyone who's still up....

Same thing as was on earlier. Just shows a nice break by Gilroy leading to Earls try and Tindell try. I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

molloyjh wrote: »

When I say now I obviously don't mean now...they said it's be on after the break. Still waiting....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

LordSmeg wrote: »
    Same thing as was on earlier. Just shows a nice break by Gilroy leading to Earls try and Tindell try. I think.

Yeah that video I posted is just over 50 seconds long, spends 15 seconds showing outside of round atmosphere, anthems etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

Who, at the start of the season, would have predicted Earls being able to step in at first receiver and release his wing with a nice skip pass. Some nice play by both Earls and Murray in the buildup to the try, and Gilroy's break was top notch.

Who, at the start of the season, would have predicted Earls being able to step in at first receiver and release his wing with a nice skip pass.

Not me anyway.

Fair play Earls.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beery Eyed

That footage just makes it even more frustrating that there wasn't coverage of this game anywhere, or even some more highlights available.

Judging by what they showed in that clip they seem to have had multiple high quality cameras at the event & one in the main camera position that probably recorded the whole game, from which they took one of the highlights for their round up show.

I'd still love to see the game if they showed it now, mainly just to see for myself how the fringe guys performed. (admittedly I am an extreme rugby nerd, but I'm sure there's plenty of others that would also want to check it out!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Who, at the start of the season, would have predicted Earls being able to step in at first receiver and release his wing with a nice skip pass. Some nice play by both Earls and Murray in the buildup to the try, and Gilroy's break was top notch.

Yeah I think Earls has improved his weak points this season, passing & defence. He's still a winger though, now he's just one who can pass occasionally

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭conormccarthy92

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Gilroy, Earls and Zebo are all lethal finishers really.

Earls' pass to Gilroy for his try is the best pass I've ever seen him throw, from the school of Paddy Wallace.

For their tries, our drift defence was terrible for the first.
    Mess up at ruck time for another, Zebo and AN other getting in each other's way Cave got caught making up his mind vs Sackey, a guy who'll punish indecision.
    Earls was too slow out of the line and Cave was trying to stop the pass rather than "pass&man".

Murray looked sharp, still taking too much off the ball though. I used to roar at Whitaker doing the same, "setting the defence" when you have massive massive pace out wide isn't as important as quick ball. (setting the defence is often used as the reason why a scrum half takes a step with the ball from a ruck)

Gilroy ruining Balshaw was sweet alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Gilroy ruining Balshaw was sweet alright.

Did Gilroy burn him twice in the one score there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,747 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Good work ont he videos lads.

I suppose we already knew that Gilroy had done well but the two things that struck me from those brief highlights was the passing of Murray and partiuclarly Earls. I know he wants to play OC and if he doesn't play there he's more likely to play wing but anytime I've seen him at FB he's been a real threat, he has a bomming clearnace kick as well although I'm not sure about his tactical kicking but then he'd have more time to assess his options at FB than he would at OC. I'm not sure how he'd fare under the high ball compared to Kearney, that may not be a fair comparison as Kearney is the best in the world but then he's setting the standard for others to follow.

Advertisement