Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insanity Workout: Anyone try it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Carriexx

I've been thinking about doing the insanity 60 day fitness but I'm worried with having a 2 yr old and a 14 week old that it's to much for our house to take, I haven't done any fitness in a year now so feel maybe starting up early morning running for a month or so might be better to get me in shape.
    I've heard the insanity program is fairly intense anyway. Can somebody give their opinion on the best way to start program, would running for a month be better before starting?

Thanks

HI , I would start with the running, Insanity is a hard course and i think you have to have a decent level of fitness to keep up in the beginning.
    Good Luck.
    Carrie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Methven

I've been thinking about doing the insanity 60 day fitness but I'm worried with having a 2 yr old and a 14 week old that it's to much for our house to take, I haven't done any fitness in a year now so feel maybe starting up early morning running for a month or so might be better to get me in shape.
    I've heard the insanity program is fairly intense anyway. Can somebody give their opinion on the best way to start program, would running for a month be better before starting?

Thanks
    Insanity is great (just heading into week 3 of it) and I'd definitely recommend it. However having recently given birth I don't think its for you yet. It's too intense, requires a reasonable level of fitness and has an awful lot of jumping (not great when everything is a bit 'loose' inside after baby :-) ). So in my opinion running would be a better option or an easier DVD - what about Jillian Michaels 30 day shred? Still tough but much shorter and has low impact options too. Hope that helps. Best of luck with it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Methven wrote: »
    Insanity is great (just heading into week 3 of it) and I'd definitely recommend it. However having recently given birth I don't think its for you yet. It's too intense, requires a reasonable level of fitness and has an awful lot of jumping (not great when everything is a bit 'loose' inside after baby :-) ). So in my opinion running would be a better option or an easier DVD - what about Jillian Michaels 30 day shred? Still tough but much shorter and has low impact options too. Hope that helps. Best of luck with it all!

Lol, no I'm a man , I didn't have the baby but I could do with a extra excuse when things go wrong , what I said was it might be a bit to much for the house to take, as in baby wakes a good few times in the night, The wife would say, if you have that much bloody energy you can get up for every feed

Methven wrote: »

Lol, no I'm a man , I didn't have the baby but I could do with a extra excuse when things go wrong , what I said was it might be a bit to much for the house to take, as in baby wakes a good few times in the night, The wife would say, if you have that much bloody energy you can get up for every feed
    Ha ha! That's hilarious! Feel like a complete eejit now :-) Hubby is rolling around the place laughing! Oh well forget all the previous advice - most of it anyway. It is very full on so you might want to build up to it. It's fairly noisy as he shouts a lot and there is a lot of jumping so you might want to do it in a room away from the kids! Good luck anway with it and the night feeds - I remember them well :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Not really relevant to he fitness aspect, but saw this today about the creator of insanity, Shaun T announcing his wedding/coming out on Twitter.

http://gawker.com/5951917/insanity-creator-shaun-t-comes-out-via-retweet

Dude is ripped - if the program gave results half as good as this it would be worth the money! (I doubt the program alone does though).

shaun-t.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 deegsc

Insanity is brilliant. I would well recommend it. Myself and my husband do it together, does help to have a friend or somebody to do it with. We started last October as a way to lose weight for Christmas and then continued with it to get ready for our summer hols.

We have two small kids and so generally we do it in the evening when they are in bed with the sound kept low which is fine.

Just repeating the whole lot again for the third time!. Also did the extra Insanity Assilum (if you think the first 60 days is difficult well this is unbelievably difficult!).

Only thing I will say is be careful of your knees, most living rooms are not suitable for jumping on and so take it easy on the power jumps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

deegsc wrote: »
    Insanity is brilliant. I would well recommend it. Myself and my husband do it together, does help to have a friend or somebody to do it with. We started last October as a way to lose weight for Christmas and then continued with it to get ready for our summer hols.

We have two small kids and so generally we do it in the evening when they are in bed with the sound kept low which is fine.

Just repeating the whole lot again for the third time!. Also did the extra Insanity Assilum (if you think the first 60 days is difficult well this is unbelievably difficult!).

Only thing I will say is be careful of your knees, most living rooms are not suitable for jumping on and so take it easy on the power jumps!

pic or gtfo

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adventure Pout

Have not tried Insanity yet as I was hesitating between Insanity and Rushfit.. But I took the plunge to get the Insanity just to challenge myself..
    Have done P90X and it is a great workout - did not follow the diet, as I didnt need to loose weight and I kind of eat healthy. But even without following the diet, i lost few cms on waist, chest etc..(down from size 10 to 8 - am a woman)and of course tone up.
    So will start Insanity as soon as I received the set and will keep you post..
    For the time being, I am on trx and rip60 (bought that one cause GSP was in there :D )
    Good luck with whatever workout you choose....

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭leblanc

Into my second week of Insanity. Feeling good! Heading on holidays for xmas so I can bring the DVDs and keep going with it. P90X when I get back! Im a fairly thin guy so I have seen results already and looking forward to adding some muscle with p90.

One thing that bugged me about Insanity at the start was Tanya... the hot Asian chick... every time I looked at the screen she was smiling while I thought I was about to throw up

Recommend it highly though. You do need to be disciplined with your diet and keep your energy levels up. Lots of good food and rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ENMcD

hey im looking to buy this for my bf its on his wishlist :rolleyes: where can i purchase it online safely or anywhere in ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

They are guys selling them on DoneDeal.ie, adverts . ie etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭leblanc

Finished Insanity and now onto P90X

The fitness and fat burn from Insanity are making P90 so much easier. Highly recommend it as a springboard into general fitness. After P90X is onto the Kettlebell and dead lifting... sculpted guns here I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Niallers3

Brilliant work out in week 5 and noticing major body differences. Would highly recommend if you have the willpower. You must commit 100% and follow the nutrition guide like its your bible.

Regarding the other two individuals who didnt answer your question at all. Both are right. A proper diet can lead to weight loss however a balanced diet and high performance workout will provide the results you are striving for much faster. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭ash2008

I did Insanity up until the recovery week. i enjoyed it, but the weather got too hot where I am to be staying indoors doing such an intense workout. I enjoyed it, but I didnt actually lose any weight in the first month:(

In fairness, I didnt follow the diet plan very strictly, as I dont eat meat anyway...but with the intensity of the workouts I thought id still lose some weight.
    Is is the second month where you really notice the weight coming off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

I am going to try this for the 60 days. I'm a smoker tho, but play hurling and other sports too, wish me luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭CraigSmith_IO

Did this for 4 weeks and ended up injuring my hip flexor playing football the same day as one of the workouts. Felt the fittest I'd ever been and was at my lowest weight since I was an early teenager.

I'm around 14 stone, broad built anyway and just under 6 foot. My goal is to get down to 12 and a half stone if possible through insanity, I won't be following the diet plan like a bible as I didn't first time and lost over a stone in weight within the first 4 weeks. As one of the recent posters has said, cut out fizzy drinks and replace with water and cut out junk food.

I've tried twice recently to get back into this workout and I'm away on holidays in 4-5 weeks time so time to get serious! Day one complete and I think I've sweat from every orifice known to man. Let's get to it.

I would assume doing any extra exercise like a jog in the evening is a bad idea seeing as though that's how I got injured in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Did this for 4 weeks and ended up injuring my hip flexor playing football the same day as one of the workouts. Felt the fittest I'd ever been and was at my lowest weight since I was an early teenager.

I'm around 14 stone, broad built anyway and just under 6 foot. My goal is to get down to 12 and a half stone if possible through insanity, I won't be following the diet plan like a bible as I didn't first time and lost over a stone in weight within the first 4 weeks. As one of the recent posters has said, cut out fizzy drinks and replace with water and cut out junk food.

I've tried twice recently to get back into this workout and I'm away on holidays in 4-5 weeks time so time to get serious! Day one complete and I think I've sweat from every orifice known to man. Let's get to it.

I would assume doing any extra exercise like a jog in the evening is a bad idea seeing as though that's how I got injured in the first place?
    Emmm foam rolling and mobility work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What kind of diet plan do they put you on?

I'm really thinking of ordering this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

So what sort of food are you told to eat in the Insanity Diet plan

What are you not allowed to eat?

Does a cuppa tea go out the window then?

And can I ask,does the Insanity Challenge really make non fittness fanatical people get sick and puke in the 1st week??

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

Depends on the person.
    I done it for a week, never really wanted it as a plan, its a great blow out session if dont fancy going to gym, thats the only time I use it, do one of the max interval sessions and mightnt go back to it for a week. Never got sick though.

• Advertisement

Oh and apart from a foam mat......do you need to buy any actual excercize equipment to do Insanity?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I've been doing Insanity videos recently although not following the program. I find it does work but the high impact level has left me with sore ankles. Giving it a week off now and doing more static bodyweight exercises instead.

See how I feel after next Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

I've been doing Insanity videos recently although not following the program. I find it does work but the high impact level has left me with sore ankles. Giving it a week off now and doing more static bodyweight exercises instead.

See how I feel after next Monday.

Foam roller your calves ...

Foam roller your calves ...

Do what now???:confused:

just google foam rolling. Tis a great job, do it the whole time now before exercise, used to have trouble with sore muscles and knots etc, but not now.

Is this a good price for Insanity,or can t be got for cheaper elsewhere?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9096819.htm

I "got it off a friend" so cant comment on price Im afraid.

paddy147 wrote: »
    Is this a good price for Insanity,or can t be got for cheaper elsewhere?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9096819.htm

Try Adverts.ie or Donedeal. You don't need any equipment except a mat maybe plus gallons of water:-) I did it earlier this year and loved it - if you stick with it your fitness levels will go through the roof. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 makeithappen87

hey Guys have started my Insanity, p90x program with running. 11 weeks to half marathon, so I got a plan for doing exercises and do jogging. This is my second day.

How do you feel???

about my progress you can read here:
    http://elizasylwia.blogspot.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 jargarbo

Have done and dusted insanity and P90x last February as we had a biggest loser competition at work. I could honestly say I have lost 20kg to date. Insanity it is really hard but the best advice I could give is that if you think you're not gonna make it through the specific exercise stop... Take few breaths and once you recovered get back to it. In few days or weeks time you'll notice you'll be taking less breaks than before. Look at the guys in the video they have dine insanity but they still take breaks. Even Shaun T has to take breaks coz its really tough. I'm on my 2nd round of insanity and with the break I got despite doing rush fit.... Insanity kicks my butt again! Will be back with P90x again after I finish insanity!

Advertisement