Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yup, the matches were taped on the 7th and the 30th of January. There doesn't seem to be anything listed past that, or at least nothing that I can find.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Unless you mean Lockdown which is now just part of the weekly schedule. It's airing this week on Challenge/aired this week in the States

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I wouldn't count ONO as PPV's. Lockdown is on this week but as a normal edition of Impact. I thought it was by far the best TNA show in a long time even if viewership doesn't reflect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I wouldn't count ONO as PPV's. Lockdown is on this week but as a normal edition of Impact. I thought it was by far the best TNA show in a long time even if viewership doesn't reflect that.

Agreed,the product is slowly going in the right direction.

EC3 is just the man you want to get behind, hes adapted to being a face very well. Felt the Rockstar Spud turn was very predictable though. Matt Hardy is doing a fine job as the egomaniac heel though hes still a good bit off his best work (see his run in ROH). I think hes handicapped by Reby coming off as the one who wears the trousers in their relationship

Really enjoying Trevor Lee but I could give or take Shane Helms as his manager, he isnt providing much of a rub IMO.

Also I want less off Billy Corgan. The guy is just awful.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Agreed,the product is slowly going in the right direction.

EC3 is just the man you want to get behind, hes adapted to being a face very well. Felt the Rockstar Spud turn was very predictable though. Matt Hardy is doing a fine job as the egomaniac heel though hes still a good bit off his best work (see his run in ROH). I think hes handicapped by Reby coming off as the one who wears the trousers in their relationship

Really enjoying Trevor Lee but I could give or take Shane Helms as his manager, he isnt providing much of a rub IMO.

Also I want less off Billy Corgan. The guy is just awful.

The issue I had with the Spud turn isn't that he turned, the turn makes perfect sense from a revenge perspective. The issue I have is him joining Hardy's crew. Had he just walked away instead of celebrating with Hardy, they'd have a new upper card/occasional main event level heel. Instead, Spud is a lackey once more.

I'm fine with Reby being the one in charge but Matt thinking he is. She is so believable in the bitch role that a Matt vs. Jeff feud might actually work this time. Nobody believed Matt would kill Jeff's dog or whatever WWE did the last time. But everybody would buy the bitch wife who makes the husband change. Most people know somebody like that in real life so it works. For the first time ever, I'm actually interested in a Matt vs. Jeff feud.

Trevor Lee doesn't seem like a very good talker. His trash talk during the match was dreadful. Helms is fairly okay so in that regard, it helps Lee a lot. He doesn't need to do anything other than wrestle which is obviously his strong point. They could do with a few new opponents for him though. Shame they didn't get a chance to use Will Ospreay as he would have made a nice feud for the duration of the U.K. Tour before Lee moves on to someone signed full time.

Sucks for Jimmy Havok to get a decent amount of screen time then blow out his knee. At least Davey Richards has a guaranteed contract so his spot is safe. On the up side, the injury means he is practically guaranteed to be home for the birth of his kid. Something he may have missed if he was still working.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

So it would appear TNA is not long for this world

Source;PWInsider.com
    Over the past week, PWInsider.com has heard multiple reports that TNA was seeking outside investors to come on board with the company. We had also heard that President Dixie Carter was seen in Los Angeles specifically for those meetings, including one at the Pop offices.
    We reached out earlier this week, requesting comment from TNA. This evening, TNA Executive Vice President,Creative & Talent Relations John Gaburick returned PWInsider.com's request for comment via telephone.
    When asked whether the company was seeking outside investors, Gaburick confirmed that was the case, noting, "TNA has been in in strategic partnership talks with several major global media companies and investment firms about the company's next phase of growth."
    Gabrick, as you might imagine given the nature of the ongoing conversations, would not confirm who any potential partners were.
    Gaburick did confirm that Carter was in Los Angeles for meetings, adding that she and the "TNA Executive team" have spent a lot of time of late not just in LA but also in New York City. Gaburick noted, "TNA CEO Dixie Carter has talked in recent media interviews about the company's execution of its 5 year growth plan" and that the meetings were in line with making those plans happen, adding, "It's a very exciting time for TNA."
    Gaburick declined comment when asked for additional details, again citing that conversations were ongoing.

Also they have no tv tapings booked yet. Im not sure how many weeks of UK tv they have left but I really think this is it now. The "Lockdown" rating seems to be the final straw for Dixies Daddy and no more Carter money is going to be wasted in TNA.

It is sad in a way but this company has been a joke for a long, long time no matter how good some of the tv has been. RoH will cherry pick whats left of the talent and 1 or 2 ppl may end up on NXT.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Bet Storm is happy he went back

They have two weeks of TV left recorded and enough they could throw together for a third week if needed. Add in the $60m they got from the India deal only a few months ago and I'd be very surprised if they folded any time soon. That $60m should cover them for a couple of years, especially with Angle off the books.

IF they just got $60m then why has Dixie been out offering the company to anybody with some spare cash down the back of the sofa? The way TNA looks $60m should get them at least 2 decades of UK tours with 16 weeks of TV shot in 3 nights but I do think this is the beginning of the end. Why if all that money is there have they not signed any major indie names recently? Why is there no TV tapings booked yet?

PWI is saying they have TV in Orlando from the 12th of March to air from the 15th. They have two more shows recorded which would take them to 8th. Works out perfect. With it being in Universal, they don't need to worry about advertising too far in advance as its free admission for the tapings.

As for signing talent, they recently signed Trevor Lee, Mike Bennett and Maria along with James Storm for more than double what WWE were offering. They've re-signed a number of talents to guaranteed contracts and had negotiations with AJ Styles, Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, reDRagon, Jay Lethal and Will Ospreay. They are just the people we know about so they could have been in talks with dozens of others. WWE are the only company that sign everybody they see even if they have no use for them. No other company can afford to do that so expecting TNA to have signed 20 top free agents is unrealistic.

I don't see the doom and gloom you are apparently seeing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Meltzer is reporting that TNA is up for sale
    http://wrestlingnews.co/tna-reportedly-up-for-sale/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Does everyone on boards want to chip in? It couldn't cost that much :P :pac:

Edit:
    That site is a painus in the anus for pop ups. I originally seen this story on reddit. And this was the link for the source.

Loughc wrote: »
    Does everyone on boards want to chip in? It couldn't cost that much :P :pac:

Be worth it for the tape library. Which we could sell to Vince for mega$$$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

maybe Ted Turner will buy it

I reported this in the TNA thread and was told its nothing to worry about :pac: The TNA name is a laughing stock within the industry. Who in their right mind would invest in it?! Hell I doubt Jeff Jarrett would even buy it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

LeeJM wrote: »
    I reported this in the TNA thread and was told its nothing to worry about :pac: The TNA name is a laughing stock within the industry. Who in their right mind would invest in it?! Hell I doubt Jeff Jarrett would even buy it at this stage.

Wwe for the video library or Jeff jerret the only ones I can see going for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Shane McMahon "buys out" TNA after WM (because he lost his match with Taker) and we embark in another invasion storyline. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

That invasion would be over in a week lol Matt Hardy as champion seriously , just throw him in there with Lesnar on Raw for a match boom invasion quashed lol

Seriously though there is no money whats so ever in a TNA feud

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

If I was to book a TNA Invasion angle it'd be them invading NXT and attacking the former TNA talent who they say turned their back on the company and therefore they blame for its demise, Aries, Joe. Doing this would also highlight TNA as its being put onto the network.

But yeah don't think the brand has that much work. Tape library yes please though

Would love to see Dixie show up on Shark Tank looking for investors.

This is also being discussed in the TNA thread so I'll move this there when at my computer later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

I have been a big TNA fan at times, particularly the Prichard era. However, there is negative equity in the name. It is an active negative. People go and work there and become lesser stars. The Wolves, for example. They draw no money on PPV or at the house, their TV deal pays them no money, their TV partner recently stated they were hoping for the type of ratings TNA drew on Spike and right now they're doing a fifth or a sixth of that, and their roster has some good wrestlers but zero stars.

Why would anyone invest in this?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Monokne wrote: »
    I have been a big TNA fan at times, particularly the Prichard era. However, there is negative equity in the name. It is an active negative. People go and work there and become lesser stars. The Wolves, for example. They draw no money on PPV or at the house, their TV deal pays them no money, their TV partner recently stated they were hoping for the type of ratings TNA drew on Spike and right now they're doing a fifth or a sixth of that, and their roster has some good wrestlers but zero stars. Why would anyone invest in this?

Excellent post, absolutely nails it. Besides the money-losing track record, there isn't a ground swell of support. TNA have burnt their bridges too many times with fans, who've reluctantly tuned out for good. It's why "AJ Styles on the indies" would outdraw "TNA house show" a few times over.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,566 ✭✭✭✭briany

I'll hold my breath until I see that it's been acquired. Too many times I have seen that the death of TNA is imminent and then it didn't happen. Even if it is acquired, it may not be by WWE and it may be a simple purchase for certain assets. The possibility remains, however slim, that it is bought by someone who really knows what they're doing, too, so TNA might continue. I heard speculation on the asking price put as low as 100,000 dollars. For that money, the IWC could buy it and put their money where their mouth is in terms of fantasy booking.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

briany wrote: »
    I'll hold my breath until I see that it's been acquired. Too many times I have seen that the death of TNA is imminent and then it didn't happen. Even if it is acquired, it may not be by WWE and it may be a simple purchase for certain assets. The possibility remains, however slim, that it is bought by someone who really knows what they're doing, too, so TNA might continue. I heard speculation on the asking price put as low as 100,000 dollars. For that money, the IWC could buy it and put their money where their mouth is in terms of fantasy booking.
    Haha, that would be interesting!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Haha, that would be interesting!

It'd be a fecking train wreck :pac:

Yeah but the IWC doesn't have the money to lose that the Carter family has running all these shows and paying all these guys with **** all revenue.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Its just a tna rip off theme:

I think it's great. I'd love to hear the full song but I can't find it.

Nevermind:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,566 ✭✭✭✭briany

Monokne wrote: »
    Yeah but the IWC doesn't have the money to lose that the Carter family has running all these shows and paying all these guys with **** all revenue.:D

I'm sure the IWC's weekly pocket money could cover the cost.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Angron wrote: »
    It'd be a fecking train wreck :pac:
    So you agree it would be an improvement :P

• Advertisement

I'm sure the IWC's weekly pocket money could cover the cost.
    I think you're getting more pocket money than me fam:D

Advertisement