Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Angron wrote: »
    Ron and Don Harris, the racists?

CHBwicMXEAAOmN3.png

What do you mean racist? They seem like nice guys :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Jesus that seems a bit far removed from the product we've seen TNA put on television recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Watching the latest episode I have to say Rebel is quite useless. She's clearly the least talented of the Knockouts in both wrestling and acting.

And was thinking the current roster of guys can't be outnumbering the women by too much at this rate.

Velvet Sky would give her a run for her money in terms of wrestling ability.

Rebel is a victim of TNA not having a development facility. She should be in TNA's version of NXT but TNA can't afford anything like that so she gets thrown in the deep end. She is clearly very athletic and could turn into a decent wrestler down the line. Trish Stratus was dreadful when she started but with enough training she became very good. Rebel is dreadful but is missing the constant training she needs in order to improve.

I'm happy that the recent Knockout hirings have been the exact opposite of Rebel in that they put ability well ahead of looks. Cherry Bomb just so happens to tick both boxes so she was a great signing.

As for numbers, here is how the roster page should look: http://i.imgur.com/fEChx0m.png
    33 males, 30 of which are active wrestlers.
    11 females, 8 of which are active wrestlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wouldn't know there were that many since aside from things like Ultimate X or a gauntlet or Battle Royal, some of them barely making an appearance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Source: Ryan Satin of Prowrestlingsheet.com

The multi-million dollar investment company who bought and sold Segway are in talks with TNA Wrestling to become their official partner … this according to multiple sources.
    Our sources tell us one of the organizations discussing a possible partnership with TNA is Summit Strategic Investments, and the deal could be huge for the wrestling company.
    SSI has a successful track record and is known for “transforming troubled assets.”
    In 2013, the company acquired Segway after the owner of the company passed away and sold it 2 years later. According to USA Today, the buyers received $80 million from a group of investors to finance the purchase. The investment company also helped to resurrect Fisker Automotive in 2015 with the help of their partner, Wanxiang — a wealthy Chinese auto-parts company.
    Here’s where things get interesting.
    The CEO of SSI is named Roger Brown. His brother, Jason Brown, is the CEO of Aroluxe Media … the outsourced company TNA uses to help produce Impact Wrestling.
    We’re told Aroluxe Media are simply the production arm of Aroluxe Marketing — the company initially pin-pointed as a potential investor — and our sources say neither are in talks to buy a stake in TNA.
    However, former WCW wrestlers Ron Harris and Don Harris do indeed work for Aroluxe Media … and we’re told if the deal between SSI/TNA goes down, they’ll likely keep their current roles.
    We made multiple attempts to find out how much stake in the company Summit Strategic Investments is looking to purchase, but so far haven’t had any luck getting the answer.
    Stay tuned.

So the new investors being trumpeted all week is basically the brother of the guy they possibly owe money to. TNA! TNA! TNA!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

I feel dirty after watching this match. Shelly is just pure filth and difficult to look at. The funniest part, other than the bizarre finish, was Shelly shouting out her vag hurts three times.

7:33 -

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I felt uncomfortable watching that on a few levels. Felt like Shelly was half way to popping out for most of it, the "MY VAG!" shouts were... awkward, and it was just a bad match in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

MY VADGE, MY VAAADGE

Match was easy ****1/2

What was that ending? It looked like Rebel was meant to hit her or something to cause her to mess up but missed her shot, so then it was just stupid looking turning into Shelly vs the ropes and her top

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What was that ending? It looked like Rebel was meant to hit her or something to cause her to mess up but missed her shot, so then it was just stupid looking turning into Shelly vs the ropes and her top

Yeah, from the look of it I think Rebel was supposed to hit her with the handle of the riding crop thing she brought to ringside.

• Advertisement

I just think we all need to stop and take a minute to appreciate Shelly Martinez selling her vadge. What a wonderful moment.

Incidentally, if she's selling, I'm buying. :-p

I have no clue what possessed them to put two of the worst women wrestlers they could find in the ring together. Gail Kim struggles with Rebel, what did they expect would happen pairing these two together. Haven't seen it, but Jade vs Leva Bates on the same show was supposed to be the polar opposite and be a great match.

Seemed very clear this was put together by the agents for their own amusement.

It's doubtful that Shelly started screaming "MY VADGE" on her own out there.

I really think TNA should start stealing some of WWE's editors. As much as we dislike the "moments" ago bits on Raw, at least they're edited to brief highlights. TNA nearly replay an entire match that happened just before the break.

I really think TNA should start stealing some of WWE's editors. As much as we dislike the "moments" ago bits on Raw, at least they're edited to brief highlights. TNA nearly replay an entire match that happened just before the break.

Pretty sure it's used to fill time. I don't remember it being so blatant in the past so they must have either cut stuff or mistimed their recording schedules and needed to fill it up somehow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Such that it was The Hardyz feud could never end with just a normal match and that is why they had this match

All of this Brother Nero stuff is so mad I actually think I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The fact that they split it into segments through out the show kinda took some of the magic away from it. Wasnt a huge fan of the feud, but it managed to grab my curiosity I will admit. Zany and camp, but entertaining in a "what will happen next" kind of way.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    The fact that they split it into segments through out the show kinda took some of the magic away from it. Wasnt a huge fan of the feud, but it managed to grab my curiosity I will admit. Zany and camp, but entertaining in a "what will happen next" kind of way.

sounds bad especially with me saying this in this thread but I really don't have any interest in watching impact and I think watching this with the Hardyz actually made me fully realize that (or watching impact at the same time actually made me realize that this was good and not just craziness) as when a segment ended and they returned to the show I was actually annoyed cos I was far more interested in the Zany Camp brother Nero nonsense and then instead decided to find it all together on youtube instead.

To be fair to TNA, they have been slowly getting back on track. Many, many problems still exist, and they may be beyond repair after years of mismanagement, but they've been doing a good few things right.

But yeah the product just isnt there yet to capture new fans or reclaim old ones yet.

Just focusing on this Hardy Segment for now and despite me continuing to use adjectives like crazy, mad, camp, nonsensical, etc but it had my attention more than 90% of wrestling these days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jasus that was gas craic altogether. Have not watched tna in years but that was so bad it was brilliant.

Who is the mexican old fella ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Thought it was hilarious.

"It's a dilapidated boat!"

ricero wrote: »
    Jasus that was gas craic altogether. Have not watched tna in years but that was so bad it was brilliant.

He's their gardener I think and yeah even that highlights that it's supposed to be so absurd that you love it

ricero wrote: »

Reby Hardys Da apparently

Just saw the performance there (I don't feel justified in calling it a match). It was bizarre, utterly baffling stuff, but I could not look away. It was just the constant feel of "can they get any more absurd here?".

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Enjoyed the show, X Division match was decent. Watched it live, the response on twitter when they did they scene with the drone was mental. Lots of people tuned in after seeing that on their news feed. Only thing I didn't like was the music during the hardyz match. Kinda gave away half the match. Fair play to them for trying something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's even better with Bryan and Vinny's commentary:

I think the bit with the drone was my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

absolutely brilliant the final deletion will be remembered for years

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

that was the sh*ts

• Advertisement

Well someone hates fun.

Advertisement