Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

beakerjoe wrote: »
    He seemed so out of place with the heels after turning.... It just confused me.

Whats worse,now I could eb wrong, but werent all these matches over teh last 2/3 weeks taped at the same time

Everything for the last 6 (and next couple) weeks or so was taped at once so continuity errors are even more glaring.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I haven't been watching so I apologize if this is just a stupid question but any chance TNA will essentially just become GFW?

GFW were reported to be in discussions with Challenge (who had carried TNA) for example to get TV time and I presume some American network, meanwhile I've been reading forever that TNA are going to lose their TV deals. They already have a lot of the old TNA wrestlers but also a lot of other good ones thanks to the deals with Japanese promotions etc If they took over their TV slots esp after "defeating TNA" in the GFW vs TNA angle they would be doing very well imo and no doubt would pick up many of the remaining TNA talent that'd be worth taking (EC3 for example) too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The EC3 /Hardy assistant story is humourous but not really a main event storyline in my view. Hardys suit looked like it was straight out of Spuds wardrope, which was a nice touch considering hes now involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I couple weeks behind. Begin to get through them.
    Davy Vs. Eddie in a time limit draw. JR must have been delighted.

It also odd watching the likes of Austin, Kenny King and storm when you know they left the company already. The show feels like it stuck in limbo. Till they move to POP in Jan 2016.

• Advertisement

TNA will move to Pop TV in the US starting January so they'll at least remain on the air into 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,888 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm confused how this title series is working. I mean they're airing previously unused matches which explains former employees and masked Manik, but have they filmed so many of them that they're able to just air the ones that suit the outcome they need? Like "We need EC3 and Lashley to win so only air ones that will make them qualify". And I couldn't see them having a match between a knockout and a male wrestler unless they had something like this planned.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm confused how this title series is working. I mean they're airing previously unused matches which explains former employees and masked Manik, but have they filmed so many of them that they're able to just air the ones that suit the outcome they need? Like "We need EC3 and Lashley to win so only air ones that will make them qualify". And I couldn't see them having a match between a knockout and a male wrestler unless they had something like this planned.

It was entirely planned in advance and taped over three days.

I was just going by what James Storm said recently that he wasn't informed that he was in a title series. Either way, they can't have someone like Aries or Storm win now. It's another example of how filming shows months in advance can be a huge negative, especially for a company that seems to have a revolving door for talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Hb6g6

Is it just me or is TNA not worth watching anymore?

This is coming from someone who have been a huge TNA fan since 2006 and have been to every show TNA has done in Ireland plus I've been to the Impact zone and there first Wembley arena show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

It's worth watching to see if anyone survives.

I would love them to get back to where they were before Hogan came in but I think TNA themselves have kinda given up trying to improve the product.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Hb6g6 wrote: »
    I would love them to get back to where they were before Hogan came in but I think TNA themselves have kinda given up trying to improve the product.

I just don't think it's possible as it stands. They've been on such shaky ground for TV deals for so long that it's been hard to get any sense of stability. Most people just don't have faith in them, and I really don't know how they can build that back up again if it's even possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Hb6g6 wrote: »

Bit harsh and easy to blame all their failings on hogan isnt it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

TNA has had so many more problems then just hogan coming in. It has seemed like a badly run company for a long time which just has to point at Dixie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

For me, TNA just needs to close up now. It doesnt make money. It has no stars in the company. Good workers like ECIII, The Hardys and Bobby Roode are wasted there, taking bumps and punishment in front of 200-300 ppl in dimly lit arenas. I really want it to just cease trading now so in 2020 we get the "How to Waste Money and Talent ; The TNA Story" on WWE Network and a best of the X Division show. Also, I have said it here before but I believe there are plenty of stories that can only be told once TNA has ceased to be. A 6 hour Exile on Badstreet podcast about TNA would be a must

I haven't watched in a while. Are they on to The next round of the series yet? Interested to see how the knockout taking on the guys goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Hard to believe a few years ago TNA was better than WWE, but now WWE is better than TNA by default.

I do miss the glory days of TNA (2006-2009) where everything about the product such as X Division, Knockouts and Tag Team division were top notch and must see wrestling.

sky88 wrote: »
    TNA has had so many more problems then just hogan coming in. It has seemed like a badly run company for a long time which just has to point at Dixie.

I'm not saying Hogan was the cause of the problem, but that was definitely the point where TNA started to lose there identity. I felt that at the end of 2009 TNA was starting to make real progress they were pushing young stars (Daniels, AJ, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, The Pope, etc) while also having big names in the company but once Hogan came in all that changed in favor of RVD, Mr Anderson, Val Venis, The Nasty Boys, Immortal and the ECW ripoff.

TNA is a badly run company I think everyone can agree on that. I think there at a point wheres there's no going back.

I'd rather see the talent they have left go to NJPW or WWE because those guys deserve to make real money for there family and TNA is a sinking ship.

Would Samoa Joe and James Storm be making more money with NXT than TNA? I know that's probably an obvious yes. It's just a pity that these guys didn't turn up a few years earlier than they have done. At this stage I'd like to see Billy Corgan fight all of the former members of The Smashing Pumpkins in a cage to settle the score over the initial breakup of the band in 2000. My favourite thing about TNA was McGuinness bein Desmond Wolfe.

• Advertisement

I won't be sure they make more money with NXT. The goal is to go through NXT to get to the main roster where you really make the money. Joe, Storm, Rhino etc all do indy shows on top of their NXT work to help out with their reduce pay packet. NXT loses money for WWE and only there to get talent ready for the main roster.

Catching up:

Got round to watching the one with Gail Kim Vs. Tigre Uno.
    It was mostly Tigre avoiding making contact with Kim and some lunch spots. The finish was Uno just rolling Kim up out of nowhere for the pin.

The Kong/ Jesse Match was Just Kong beating up Jesse. Until Jesse got the roll up out of nowhere for the pin.

The Davy/ Bram match was mostly Bram beating on Davy. Until Davy got the roll up out of nowhere for the pin.

Notice a trend there? Along with every match having to have brawl on the outside & the cold crowd the show is very stale at the minute.

Looking forward to the relaunch in Jan for the Pop network. Until they blow there good will after two shows.

Have to say Bobby Lashley comes across great in this interview.

His like the anti-Brock. Wants to do MMA/Pro wrestling, sticks up for pro wrestling when MMA people knock and wants to do more dates for TNA if they put on more shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭actua11

Have to say Bobby Lashley comes across great in this interview.
    His like the anti-Brock. Wants to do MMA/Pro wrestling, sticks up for pro wrestling when MMA people knock and wants to do more dates for TNA if they put on more shows.

Totally agree, really cool to see such genuine enthusiasm for what he does without any gripes or complaints. In particular I liked his points about bearing no grudge by TNA for not signing him originally and seeing his 1 match contract as an oppertunity. He just seems like a really nice guy who loves wrestling.

Also, am I alone in thinking the inter-gender matches in the world title series were slightly underrated? Neither were all time classics but were reasonably competitive, due to a mix of a respectful Tigre Uno and chauvinistic Jesse, with roll ups being a good way to keep all looking strong as I think an agressive finish would've looked odd.

Though a little contrieved, and for sure a little more Jesse offence would've helped, I did think these matches especially the Tigre/Kim match, were good examples of how inter-gender matches can be done well for a tv audience.

So whereabouts are they in the tournament at the moment? I was hoping that Awesome Kong would win the thing but I heard a theory that it's just going to end up back with Ethan Carter again. Kind of makes you wonder why they even bothered having him lose the championship to Matt Hardy in the first place. Drew Galloway would be a good choice I think. As was said above, Bobby Lashley comes across really well in that interview. It's a pity WWE let him go when they did. I didn't hear him in that kind of setting ever before. He comes across like someone who enjoys what he does a lot, definitely.

The semi finals and final will be live next month. So it's all finished up apart from these last few matches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Bobby Lashley comes across really well in that interview. It's a pity WWE let him go when they did. I didn't hear him in that kind of setting ever before. He comes across like someone who enjoys what he does a lot, definitely.

He left WWE of his own accord due to something Michael Hayes said to Kristal. Lashley threatened to sue if he didnt get an immediate release and with Hayes well known rep within the industry of being a massive racist WWE didnt really have any choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Am I the only one thinking TNA have something big planned for January 5th since they arranged a PPV only three days after? Nobody is going to buy a PPV with two hours worth of build unless they pull out something amazing during those two hours.

No idea what it could be but they must be confident. Or delusional. One of them anyway.

Is a "proper" PPV or one of there One night only PPV? If it is one of there One night only PPV they never get pushed or have any (excuse the pun) impact on the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Is a "proper" PPV or one of there One night only PPV? If it is one of there One night only PPV they never get pushed or have any (excuse the pun) impact on the show.

It's titled ONO but is apparently airing live. All previous ONO were taped in advance.

Advertisement