Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    At first I thought she was suppose to be Mrs. Styles :o

I think everyone did. There was a small "AJ is in trouble" chant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Enjoyed impact this week up until the end where it made damn all sense. Is AJ meant to be her sponsor or what?
    The twist of faith Rvd took looked class. Really enjoyed the close ups to Joseph Park eating popcorn lol. Pity Bully Ray didn't beat the worthless Pope and I was glad Devon didn't wrestle this week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Quarter Hour Ratings for June 21st IMPACT

Q1: Impact opened with a 0.90 rating for Austin Aries' decision on whether or not he would accept a TNA World Title match at Destination X, plus half of a commercial.

Q2: Impact dipped to a show-low 0.82 rating for Mr. Anderson vs. Daniels in a BFG Series match, Brooke Hogan talking to the Knockouts backstage, and one-and-a-half commercials.

Q3: Impact increased to a 0.94 rating for the Brooke/Knockouts segment, Kurt Angle's quick squash of Robbie E, one commercial, and Magnus vs. A.J. Styles.

Q4: Impact increased slightly to a first-hour-high 0.95 rating for Taeler Hendrix's Gut Check match, Joseph Park and Bully Ray backstage, and two full commercial breaks.

Q5: Impact increased to a 1.02 rating at the top of the hour for Samoa Joe vs. James Storm, one commercial, and more backstage segments.

Q6: Impact increased slightly to a show-high 1.03 rating for a Bully Ray promo, Ray vs. The Pope, more backstage segments, and one commercial.

Q7: Impact dipped to a 0.97 rating for Miss Tessmacher vs. Mickie James, one commercial, and ring intros for the main event.

Q8: Impact remained at a 0.97 rating for the quick Jeff Hardy vs. RVD main event, one commercial, and the A.J. Styles/Dixie Carter "scandal" reveal segment.

Credit to PWTorch

Who do we blame? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Anderson has gotten a bit lazy wrestling-wise, which makes his matches less watchable, but that might be because they burried him for nearly a year.
    But give him a mic, and he's as good as anyone on the roster.

Brooke is a major ratings-killer, and is a step backwards for a division which long-term is set to get it's own show imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

But give him a mic, and he's as good as anyone on the roster.

Anderson is perhaps the most annoying person in TNA when he talks, second only to crappy Cena comedy in all of wrestling.

• Advertisement

Anderson is great on the mic when he is a heel. He's decent as a serious babyface but it never lasts, he always tries to bring comedy in which he sucks at. No idea why the continue to push him as a babyface. It's not like they are short handed: Sting, Angle, Styles, RVD, Hardy, Storm, Aries compared to Roode, Bully Ray, Daniels?..... I don't even know who else you could consider a top teir heel.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i think they need to turn Anderson Heel since there is way too many top babyfaces and cant see them turning Hardy again , RVD is boring as a face but would probably be worse as a heel ,

Pretty great Aries promo at the start:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

IMPACT React: Comments From The Superstars
    When did tna start referring to their wrestlers as superstars?..

CMpunked wrote: »
    IMPACT React: Comments From The Superstars
    When did tna start referring to their wrestlers as superstars?..

They've never consistently used any specific words (and have used superstars before), I assume it's whatever comes into the mind of the person posting the video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Has anyone got a link to the past 2 weeks of Impact? I keep meaning to watch it, but being a dope I keep forgetting :D. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Major love Mr. Fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Anyone watching live tonight? Tag match should be great.

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/128382/1/watch-tna-impact.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Why are their theme tunes are always almost impossible to hear?

But anyway, really looking forward to the tag match.

Why are their theme tunes are always almost impossible to hear?

But anyway, really looking forward to the tag match.

Yeah it's something that always slightly bugged me about TNA.

Pretty solid opener, RVD looked like he was actually trying a little.

Sonjay Dutt, nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

the guru is back????

damit

no i cant watch it i have work in the morning - must resist.

Ouch, my rib cage! Very enjoyable little match that.

• Advertisement

Over 10 years watching Bubba and I've never seen him hit that senton off the ropes :p.

This has been a pretty great IMPACT so far.

This has been a pretty great IMPACT so far.

It's been fantastic alright, puts RAW to shame really. Hope we get another X-division match tonight.

It's been fantastic alright, puts RAW to shame really. Hope we get another X-division match tonight.

There is, and apparently
    Too Cold Scorpio
    is backstage.

Another great match. They really seem to be looking to build the X-division back up which is great. Cool to see guys like Dutt and Sabian in the running too.

Great show, some top class wrestling all the way through. Only bad points are Tazz can't sell for shit on commentary and that weird AJ/pregnant addict story is doing nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

cant believe daniels and kaz got belts back already and this stupid aj and dixie and pregnant lady still going on and still no news on who took out sting :rolleyes:

Seen the Kazarian thing coming a mile away, but I still enjoyed it. If they insist on continueing the storyline they have to keep Daniels and Kazarian together and looking pretty good. Splitting them up would end the feud as Daniels would need to deal with Kazarian instead.

Other than the ending (which again I saw coming a mile away :pac:) and Gut Check getting it wrong for the third consecutive time, it was a great show. The RVD vs Anderson match seemed a little too planned out but that's a minor complaint. Everything else was great. Curious as to who will be in the X-Division qualifiers next week.
    cant believe daniels and kaz got belts back already and this stupid aj and dixie and pregnant lady still going on and still no news on who took out sting :rolleyes:

Hogan mentioned it when talking to Storm and Hardy. He said he has no clue who it was since they just hit and ran. He can't think of anyone who would do that. Seems obvious now that they were hired goons which is why they haven't been back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the Gut Check was cringetastic.
    you could tell that Taeler was hating playing the babyface.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

the Gut Check was cringetastic.
    you could tell that Taeler was hating playing the babyface.

Why does she usually play heel?

Advertisement