Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knock Airport

Options
1303132333436»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,550 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

There are several in place in Dublin already but given the number of scanners it’s a gradual process.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Yes it's part of a nationwide rollout, they should be at all airports by next year, certainly the four main ones anyway, not sure if they're bringing them in in Donegal and Kerry or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,195 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Kerry and Donegal were the FIRST to introduce them. They been up and running for nearly 2 years now in Kerry as far as I know

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Shannon introduced them around the same time in 2021.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

It's a lot easier to introduce them when you have one scanner (Donegal) than 50+, they're in significant demand as every airport wants them.

Amsterdam is exceptionally unlikely to happen as KLM are reducing flights due to an impending cut to the flight cap at AMS. If there was no cap, the number of ads they have on iradio shows they do target the northwest and it would have been a likely target

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

I love Knock airport. If I can at all get flights to and from it I do. Long may it continue.

But I have one gripe about the Knock airport development plan. They want to add in more apron space. But their method is a little bit outdated to technologies available. The first part of the plan was as I remember to move the fuel depot. IMO there is no need.

Extend the apron further north out to the R376. And simply use a tug to push aircraft back. This doesn't require massive rework and keeps things simple. You gain two maybe three aircraft parking spaces from the purchase of a tug with the installation of an apron that was already going to happen anyways. With more spaces become more opportunities.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Are they due to extend the apron in the near future? It does not appear any work is taking place to do so. In fact more car parking for the car hire companies appears to be present in the direction of the approach road.

the departures area is also very cramped during busy times. To expand routes not only will the apron need to be expanded but the departures air side area too. Maybe another two gates?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭eastmayo

I was told they are to move where stand 3 is at the moment to run parallel with stand 1 and 2 so it will be extended out where the car hire car park is at the moment.When thats going ahead iam not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭DumbBrunette

Much higher revenue in 2022 compared to 2019, despite fewer passengers. I'm not sure why that is, higher charges perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

I reckon it’s as a result of higher fuel prices… hence higher fuel sales in €€€€. Doesn’t necessarily mean more litres sold…. It’s just a play on €. Fuel prices doubled as result of Ukraine war in Feb/ Mar of 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭yew_tree

I wonder what implications this will have for their operation at IWAK? They got planning approved for a new hanger a good while back but no sign of it being built yet…

Advertisement