Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car hit, other driver drove off

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

kbannon wrote: »
    Why are you paying 300? You aren't claiming off your own insurance, are you?
    €300 excess maybe?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

€300 excess maybe?
    Only if claiming against his own policy, I thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

€300 excess maybe?

To claim MIBI you claim through your own policy who act as an MIBI agent and charge the MIBI excess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭SLK2005

tbh hope you get sorted. Hate people who dont take responsibility for their actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Just read the entire thread, its like a Grisham novel. I love the regular updates but when I got to the end it felt like I had finished the second book in a series of three its a real cliffhanger. Come on TBH you are a hero bring this lowlife bitch to justice, if you could find a dead body to put in her boot for the Gardai to find it would be perfect:pac::pac: Seriously you should do that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

€300 excess maybe?

Unfortunately if she's uninsured I have to pay the excess. Doesn't seem very fair but better than being landed with the whole bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

tbh wrote: »
    Not sure if the guard talked to the witness but I do know the witnesses didn't see who was driving. If the other driver does find an insured driver dumb enough to take the fall for her I'm delighted because it'll save me 300 quid!
    In Ireland, I thought that normal insurance policies only pertain to the insured vehicle. Can a driver be insured to drive a vehicle that has no insurance policy?

ballooba wrote: »
    In Ireland, I thought that normal insurance policies only pertain to the insured vehicle. Can a driver be insured to drive a vehicle that has no insurance policy?

well as far as I know, I'm insured to drive any vehicle with the owners permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

well as far as I know, I'm insured to drive any vehicle with the owners permission.
    For some reason I always thought the vehicle had to be insured too. I have a Driving Other Cars extension to my policy, so this is good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

ballooba wrote: »
    For some reason I always thought the vehicle had to be insured too. I have a Driving Other Cars extension to my policy, so this is good to know.

the other car has to be insured for any one to be covered to drive it,if car has no insurance u are not insured either...
    this is allways a confuseing one and people should be aware of it

• Advertisement

handy to know - thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

the other car has to be insured for any one to be covered to drive it,if car has no insurance u are not insured either...

And I might be wrong but If I remember correctly you will only be insured as 3rd party, not fully comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Bohrio wrote: »
    And I might be wrong but If I remember correctly you will only be insured as 3rd party, not fully comp.
    Thats down to the policy that you are on IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

Connavar wrote: »
    Thats down to the policy that you are on IIRC

Yep - you'd have to check Terms and Conditions of your policy to be sure.

Some insurance companies cover all cars regardless if they have insurance or not, others only cars that have a valid insurance.

ARRRGHH! Guard handling the case is off till monday at 9pm and hasn't checked the CCTV yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

ARRRGHH! Guard handling the case is off till monday at 9pm and hasn't checked the CCTV yet.

I was looking for a particular garda in my local station last week. Couldn't get him as their shifts have changed and they are doing extra hours when working and have more days off. Croke Park thing it seems and gardai not happy about it either. Mostly working night now too. It might suit the Govt but it doesn't always suit the citizen.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I hope the CCTV is safely stowed away (and not overwritten or deleted after a week or anything stupid like that). Hopefully it's all digital these days. It would be a shame for everything to fall through if the footage expired.

Keep the faith, tbh. This thread has been the best saga thread I've read on Boards for a while! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Does he ever work at all?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Mr E wrote: »
    I hope the CCTV is safely stowed away (and not overwritten or deleted after a week or anything stupid like that). Hopefully it's all digital these days. It would be a shame for everything to fall through if the footage expired.

Keep the faith, tbh. This thread has been the best saga thread I've read on Boards for a while! :)

Usually 3 dvd copies are made and stored the incident book / folder.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Usually 3 dvd copies are made and stored the incident book / folder.

Usual for you or usual for Blanch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

This thread reminds me of watchin lost, if your not in from the start u have no idea what's going on, and just when u think it's wrapping up, there's another twist!

Hope it end well op and doesn't leave u frustrated!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Mr E wrote: »

You weren't around when BMW535d was here. That was a good yarn. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

€300 excess maybe?
    Unfortunately if she's uninsured I have to pay the excess. Doesn't seem very fair but better than being landed with the whole bill.
    if memory serves me well you pay the excess when hiring out a car while your own is being repaired then if the driver that hit you is insured you get the money back by claiming expenses so to speak. if the driver wasn't insured i dont know if you can claim the money back.
    i know the o.p. said the guards may have had a look at the insurance disk. if i may be frank ( was going to use t.b.h. ;)) it's still not worth the paper it's written on as i found to my cost. i was hit by a driver whom i thought was insured but they weren't. i rang the guards straight away when the accident happened thinking the other driver was uninsured. had a proper look at their disk when i got my head together, exchanged details then i cancelled the guards as the disk was legit. heres the catch. they took out insurance by D.D. as soon as they got the disk D.D was cancelled in other words they cancelled payment.. hence legit disk but not insured.

Just rang the guards, she's off till Saturday apparently. Asked the guard who answered the phone if he could help and he said I was better waiting to talk to her. I know they have bigger fish to fry but this is getting beyond a joke to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Just rang the guards, she's off till Saturday apparently. Asked the guard who answered the phone if he could help and he said I was better waiting to talk to her. I know they have bigger fish to fry but this is getting beyond a joke to be fair.

Was going to pm you tbh as I couldn't be bothered searching for the thread but be careful with some of the advice being put up here. Gis a shout if you need clarity on anything during the process. :) Hope the Garda gets her act together soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Noooooooo!!!!! I cant be waiting another week.. Its hot out here, people are getting crazy this cop is going to push one of us over the limit. How swift or slow do you think justice will be applied when this crazy wench is brought to book? Are we looking at the summer here? Maybe you could share the court date and we could all go and watch, have a few beers after?? Make a day of it perhaps ???????:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

I hate all this waiting around, hope this all works out well for you.

Afraid not, my policy allows me to drive any car whether its insured or not as long as its not in my name and i have the consent of the owner. I know guards hate that extension as allot of people abuse it, but its a standard extension on allot of policies.

ok small update today - I rang the insurance company to let them know I couldn't get to the guard, and they told me that the assessor who checked my car, and her car, has written a report stating that, in his opinion, she's responsible for the damage to my car. So all we need from the guard is the information about whether she's insured or not - her liability isn't in question at this point.

I was worried that enough time would pass to make it impossible to say for sure if it was her or not, but that doesn't seem to be an issue now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

ok small update today - I rang the insurance company to let them know I couldn't get to the guard, and they told me that the assessor who checked my car, and her car, has written a report stating that, in his opinion, she's responsible for the damage to my car. So all we need from the guard is the information about whether she's insured or not - her liability isn't in question at this point.

I was worried that enough time would pass to make it impossible to say for sure if it was her or not, but that doesn't seem to be an issue now.

Thats great news

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Good to hear!! :D

Advertisement