Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii U Pre-Launch Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you softmod your Wii, you can enable it to play games from any region.

*** Just make sure you know exactly what you're doing!!! ***

Disclaimer: DamoElDiablo cannot be held responsible for any bricked Wii consoles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Wonder how hackable the WiiU is; the Wii doesn't really suggest Nintendo are too hot when it comes to securing consoles.

3DS was allegedly hacked a while ago, from a credible source too, but no details how been released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

If you softmod your Wii, you can enable it to play games from any region.

*** Just make sure you know exactly what you're doing!!! ***

Disclaimer: DamoElDiablo cannot be held responsible for any bricked Wii consoles.

Did that I'm a Mario addict any Mario I'll buy it and play it bought Mario Baseball from the states with the freeloader after Nintendo blocked that I softmodded the Wii though I have to admit nowerdays Its more for game emulation than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

lot of games on the wii u , would require their counterpart on 3ds to finish them 100%,

just like

monster hunter trio ultimate

lego city undercover

super smash bros 4

Scribblenausts unlimited

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

skylanders

Disney Infinity

Pokemon Rumble

pokemon x & Y going require their counterpart on wiiu to finish iit 100%, = Pokemon stadium 3 for wii u

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

• Advertisement

It's just ok. Better price on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Wii-32GB-Premium-Pack/dp/B008B5YB4W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364323810&sr=8-1

£249, which works out around €293.51 (took current exchange rate from XE.com)

Pro: Save €20ish
    Con: Have to wait for it rather than getting it immediately!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Also worth bearing in mind that if you have problems - and many people do- you can march in to gamestop with your WiiU under your arm, and hard to do that with Amazon

£249, which works out around €293.51 (took current exchange rate from XE.com)

There are charges at the bank's end too, for purchasing something in a foreign currency (I don't know that they amount to all that much, though).

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Evilbart

Ok heading out to get Lego city in Smyths cheapest I could find at €49.99 anyone know if they take wii U trade ins might trade FIFA and batman arkham city

• Advertisement

Evilbart wrote: »
    Ok heading out to get Lego city in Smyths cheapest I could find at €49.99 anyone know if they take wii U trade ins might trade FIFA and batman arkham city

wii u tradein are €30 store credit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Even on Darksiders?
    I have a cunning plan....

Banjo wrote: »
    Even on Darksiders?
    I have a evil plan....

You're a bad man Banjo, a bad, bad man.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Evilbart

Nope they offered €9 for batman arkham city yes I said €9

• Registered Users Posts: 28,847 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is it 10% discount on Lego City with the loyalty card in Smyths?

yes for 1st week, after that 2.5 discount

speaking of lego city undercover on wii u and lego city undercover The Chase Begins 3ds will require both of them to finish 100% to get all unlockables,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    speaking of lego city undercover on wii u and lego city undercover The Chase Begins 3ds will require both of them to finish 100% to get all unlockables,

Yeah I've heard that before. How does the Wii U & 3DS communicate in order to work out unlockables etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Wii U will not be supporting Unreal Engine 4, which means the future for 3rd party games on the console may be bleak.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/oh-no-unreal-engine-4-will-not-support-the-wii-u

DL Saint wrote: »
    Wii U will not be supporting Unreal Engine 4, which means the future for 3rd party games on the console may be bleak.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/oh-no-unreal-engine-4-will-not-support-the-wii-u

Ouch, pretty disappointing. Doesn't sound good that the Wii U can only handle current gen engines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭Nollog

EnterNow wrote: »
    Ouch, pretty disappointing. Doesn't sound good that the Wii U can only handle current gen engines.

It can handle it, Unreal just don't see it as viable.
    PS4 and 720 are expected to be x86. tablets etc., x86.
    Wii U, PPC. Would you bother with Nintendo's record of third party support?

/\/ollog wrote: »
    It can handle it, Unreal just don't see it as viable.
    PS4 and 720 are expected to be x86. tablets etc., x86.
    Wii U, PPC. Would you bother with Nintendo's record of third party support?

A massive blow nonetheless (though not unexpected.) They're looking to support indie developers bigtime with Unreal 4, with Rein claiming that PS4 title Primal Carnage has a development team comprised of just 20 people. The way things are shaping up, Nintendo will really need support from indies to bolster their line-up.

EnterNow wrote: »

it handle unreal engine 3

because Mass Effect 3 came out for wii u last 30th of November

why just use the unreal engine 3

compressize unreal to suit wii u

like capcom did with resident evil 4 because GameCube version was too powerfull for pc, xbox and ps2,

it handle unreal engine 3

I should hope so, its practically a decade old :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭Nollog

Kinski wrote: »
    A massive blow nonetheless (though not unexpected.) They're looking to support indie developers bigtime with Unreal 4, with Rein claiming that PS4 title Primal Carnage has a development team comprised of just 20 people. The way things are shaping up, Nintendo will really need support from indies to bolster their line-up.

Nintendo are using Unity and Web Framework to court indies.

Whatshis face has said porting ue4 games to wii u is easily doable, but they're not porting the engine.
    Not sure how that works, maybe they'll have a ue4 to 3 magic or something, or just disabling certain effects would do it?
    http://mynintendonews.com/2013/03/30/rein-says-developers-could-bring-unreal-engine-4-games-to-wii-u-if-they-wanted/

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Nintendo are using Unity and Web Framework to court indies.

Whatshis face has said porting ue4 games to wii u is easily doable, but they're not porting the engine.
    Not sure how that works, maybe they'll have a ue4 to 3 magic or something, or just disabling certain effects would do it?
    http://mynintendonews.com/2013/03/30/rein-says-developers-could-bring-unreal-engine-4-games-to-wii-u-if-they-wanted/

That makes more sense, given all their comments about how scalable the engine is.

Depends on the game I suppose, but if we're talking some fancy ue4 game I'd imagine any port would involve gimping it.

like capcom did with resident evil 4 because GameCube version was too powerfull for pc, xbox and ps2,

It was too demanding for ps2 and they got a crap version, but it was never going to be on xbox. And it makes no sense to say it was 'too powerful' for pc.

Scribblenauts Unlimited

has postpone again until December now

Scribblenauts Unlimited

has postpone again until December now

December?? Ffs seriously? I'm sorry but thats a farce

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Isn't Scribblenauts already out in America?

Advertisement