Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii U Pre-Launch Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

March 28th for Lego City Undercover, no idea when Scribblenauts is out! Even it's Wikipedia page has no release date listed for Europe!

Looking forward to Lego.. Need something to pull me away from blops 2....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Wii u : 4 million sold
    Ps4: 0
    Xbox 720: 0

Sony and ms are doomed :pac:

are not out until xmas so how can they sell them when none in the stores to sell

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

He was making a joke Wampy, joking about skewed sales figures.

Lego City Undercover will sell very well and very popular because Lego is number 1 selling toy in world.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

wampyrus77 wrote: »

are not out until xmas so how can they sell them when none in the stores to sell

Richie is joking wampy. I thought that was obvious???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,460 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

wampyrus77 - I've deleted posts about PS4/720 prices. They are off topic for this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Evilbart

Amazon uk have dropped the price of the premium bundle to £249 which is about €290 if anyone looking to pick one up, includes free delivery

Evilbart wrote: »
    Amazon uk have dropped the price of the premium bundle to £249 which is about €290 if anyone looking to pick one up, includes free delivery

i dont delivery is free for ireland because I was charge €10 for delivery when i order Paper mario for Wii price £29.99 = €34.78 + €10 for delivery = total €44.78 from amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

i dont delivery is free for ireland because I was charge €10 for delivery when i order Paper mario for Wii price £29.99 = €34.78 + €10 for delivery = total €44.78 from amazon.

It is if it's from Amazon themselves and is eligible for Super Saver Delivery. You probably bought from a 3rd party seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Evilbart

Delivery is Free I have placed the item in my basket and you can choose super saver delivery which is 100% free so yeah about €290 for a wii U delivered to your door great price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You have to make sure that it's over the threshold for "Super Saver" delivery, and then to make sure that the Super Saver delivery option is selected in the delivery options!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well, I just ordered the Wii U Premium bundle with Mario U for £265 from Asda.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Don't get cocky! It's the Hut group. You haven't ordered anything till its in your hands ;)

Provisionally, welcome to the party!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Banjo wrote: »
    Don't get cocky! It's the Hut group. You haven't ordered anything till its in your hands ;)

Provisionally, welcome to the party!

Are Asda online still part of the Hut group? I thought after the whole VAT thing they went their own way.

wii u has something over PS4 wii u is backwards compatible for previous console wii games,

Sony Clarifies that their PS4 wont be backwards compatibles ps3, ps2 and ps1

News: PlayStation 4 Not Backwards Compatible With Retail or Digital Games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80i_6UnnsRg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

wii u has something over PS4 wii u is backwards compatible for previous console wii games,

Anyone who has the games necessary to make use of backwards compatibility already has the relevant console to play them on. why would they want to handicap the potential of a new, and very expensive, console to play games they already have the capacity to play anyway? It's not like they'll get more than a few quid to trade in the old system against the new one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

PS4 will have backwards compatibility through Gaikai streaming service.

Anyway back to the Wii U......................749a109f_173815d1307539885-mass-grave-uncovered-east-texas-lemme-guess-shrub-aiming-get-elected-again-tumbleweed.gif

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

bazzz wrote: »
    PS4 will have backwards compatibility through Gaikai streaming service.

yeah... in 2 years or so

They have to leave it 2 years to let the retro nostalgia build up to a deafening climax. And more importantly to make sure everyone gets rid of their PS3s so the service will be a resounding success.
    Are Asda online still part of the Hut group? I thought after the whole VAT thing they went their own way.
    Really? I had no idea. Seems odd though that both Zavvi and Asda went for deep discount on this product at the same time. Generally their stock seems quite similar too. I wonder is there still some sort of logistics or supply chain link? Ah who cares as long as there are cheap Nintendos flowing around the interwebs!

Banjo wrote: »
    They have to leave it 2 years to let the retro nostalgia build up to a deafening climax. And more importantly to make sure everyone gets rid of their PS3s so the service will be a resounding success.

Really? I had no idea. Seems odd though that both Zavvi and Asda went for deep discount on this product at the same time. Generally their stock seems quite similar too. I wonder is there still some sort of logistics or supply chain link? Ah who cares as long as there are cheap Nintendos flowing around the interwebs!

i try Zavvi and Asda along no charge for delivery for ireland

• Advertisement

i try Zavvi and Asda along no charge for delivery for ireland

They don't deliver to Ireland. I tried and the order was cancelled

Bayonetta 2 (Wii-U) Wii U

Availability:
    Release Date: 07 June 2013

Confusion : Wampy has ordered software, DVD, Bluray or CD off Zavvi / Asda. They have a policy of not shipping really expensive things to ireland (presumably under the guise of WEEE compliance) due to not having a courier partner who'll provide a cheap international service for them, and the huge amounts of lost packages they used to get via An Post. Presumably Asda are keeping that up despite splitting from The Hut Group.

They don't deliver to Parcel Motel either.

Except when they do. Someone earlier in the thread got a Zavvi WiiU delivery to a Dublin address first try, I got one to Parcel Motel after 3 cancellations. If you keep trying eventually either one slips through or they get sick of cancelling your orders :)

Pikmin 3 (Wii U) Wii U

Availability: Preorder now.
    Release Date: 26 April 2013

Wampy, where are you getting these dates from, there's been nothing announced yet? Pikmin just has a vague Q2 release date, while Bayonetta doesn't even have that, and it definitely won't be ready by June.

Pikmin 3 (Wii U) Wii U Availability: Release Date: 26 April 2013

monster hunter 3 ulitmate Wii u March 29th

Bayonetta 2 (Wii-U) Wii U Availability: Release Date: 07 June 2013

Wind waker this autumn

Rayman Legends (Wii U) Wii U Release Date: 06 September 2013
    Aliens: Colonial Marines (Wii U) Wii U Release Date: 12 July 2013
    Scribblenauts Unlimited (Wii U) Wii U Release Date: 07 June 2013

Copy and pasted from the Zavvi site by the look of it

Nintendo's franchise, Pokémon have start a Pokémon Rumble Wii u game very similar to skylanders games and probably very expensive game to collect since are skylanders figurines are €20 per figurine and Pokémon figurines are probably around about the same

Pokémon Wii U Game Follows in Skylanders' Footsteps

April 24th Japan Wii U game

europe probably autumn or winter

Nintendo's franchise, Pokémon have start a Pokémon Rumble Wii u game very similar to skylanders games and probably very expensive game to collect since are skylanders figurines are €20 per figurine and Pokémon figurines are probably around about the same

Pokémon Wii U Game Follows in Skylanders' Footsteps

April 24th Japan Wii U game

europe probably autumn or winter

It might and it might not as expensive. If you have to collect every Pokemon than yes it will be very expensive. However it more than likely won't be. In Japan. the game costs 1800 Yen, which is around €15, although it will probably be €20 when it gets here. The figures cost 200 Yen, which will probably mean €2 here. The problem is they're only available in capsule machines, so you can't actually see which one you're getting, which will result in lots of trading I'd imagine. These also aren't as popular over here as in Japan, though, so I'm unsure how they're going to bring it over here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Wagon Watching

Deano7788 wrote: »

It might and it might not as expensive. If you have to collect every Pokemon than yes it will be very expensive. However it more than likely won't be. In Japan. the game costs 1800 Yen, which is around €15, although it will probably be €20 when it gets here. The figures cost 200 Yen, which will probably mean €2 here. The problem is they're only available in capsule machines, so you can't actually see which one you're getting, which will result in lots of trading I'd imagine. These also aren't as popular over here as in Japan, though, so I'm unsure how they're going to bring it over here.

Lot more of the capsule machines about these days, in shopping centres, would be excellent if they did roll it out the same way here. Swapping adds another social aspect to it.

Advertisement