Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Missed that, thanks. Looks like I'm missing out :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

They wouldnt let me do it online, so i called them just now.
    The lady said it can only be done thru the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

What phone would people recommend from the list? Got a Galaxy s at the moment, torn between Iphone and Galaxy s II

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

It has to be the One X. Its the market leader until Galaxy 3 hits the shops in the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

Nice one Nic. Just seen that now, looks like some piece of kit. always wanted a HTC. It wont open for me so could someone tell me how much it is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

guys, this offer is also available in EMobile Stores if you receive a voucher in the post from Eircom.

It's an excellent deal. I may get my hands on a few vouchers if anybody is interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Kinky Slinky

Tarriff Duration: For minimum contract (18 months) and as long as you stay on the same plan thereafter
    What does it mean by as long as you stay on the same plan thereafter ?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

What does it mean by as long as you stay on the same plan thereafter ?

It means you will never loose this offer as long as you never move off the plan. ie: you renew with the same deal every 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

What if you move away from eircom for the landline soon after taking up the contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    guys, this offer is also available in EMobile Stores if you receive a voucher in the post from Eircom.

It's an excellent deal. I may get my hands on a few vouchers if anybody is interested.

Would it be possible to get the deal in carphonewarehouse?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

The folks in the official eircom forum can probably answer the finer details about the contract.

I switched from Vodafone to this plan late last year and have been very happy so far. 3G Coverage is better and feels much faster than it was on Vodafone. I've not had any problems with voice coverage so far, but don't travel a lot over Ireland.

I must only be a light user as I've only used 1.2GB of cellular data since November, but that's probably about right. I've WiFi at home and occasional WiFi at work.

My wife also moved to the same plan and got a Galaxy S2. She did end up having to pay more than the normal retail price, but the cheaper monthly rate and shorter contract works out cheaper.

Three might well be cheaper, but I tried a PAYG SIM from them and both the voice and data coverage was very poor where I lived and worked, so it wasn't worth it. O2's miserable data allowance is laughable.

The only quibble I had is that when I first signed up it was impossible to get through to customer care. However, apparently this was when eMobile changed their call centre agency, so it was hectic. The staff that run their twitter account have been really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭loopymum

I would be very interested in a voucher:)

I rang up today using the other halfs account number as it didn't work online, she said it was only available to selected customers who received an offer in the post, she said she would ring me back and I explained that the name on the account is a business and she said grand. I also mentioned I would be very disappointed if we were refused seeing as we are long time customers

She rang back after speaking to a supervisor and said ok you can have the deal but then she said "oh no" it's a business account and the offer is only available to residential customers.
    Tough **** basically, I asked to speak to a supervisor but was told they were all gone home and I could ring back tomorrow, I asked could they call me so will wait and see.

So much for being an eircom customer:(

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Would also be interested in a voucher if you get one, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Hey Jajay, PM sent!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

I'd take one if you're offering :D

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

I'd also love one if you had any.. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'd be interested in this as well. My dad uses his phone a lot so it'd be a nice saving for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 treefour

This is an excellent offer. A voucher would be very welcome if you have any left. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

treefour wrote: »
    This is an excellent offer. A voucher would be very welcome if you have any left. :D

I don't think a voucher is needed per se. You need to be an eircom land line account holder or get an eircom land line account holder to allow you to use their details.

If the account number doesnt work as a valid voucher code online, you have the option of calling the sales line or going inshore to an eircom store.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

loopymum wrote: »
    I would be very interested in a voucher:)

I rang up today using the other halfs account number as it didn't work online, she said it was only available to selected customers who received an offer in the post, she said she would ring me back and I explained that the name on the account is a business and she said grand. I also mentioned I would be very disappointed if we were refused seeing as we are long time customers

She rang back after speaking to a supervisor and said ok you can have the deal but then she said "oh no" it's a business account and the offer is only available to residential customers.
    Tough **** basically, I asked to speak to a supervisor but was told they were all gone home and I could ring back tomorrow, I asked could they call me so will wait and see.

So much for being an eircom customer:(

Let us know how you get on with the business account, cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭thms.kelly

Hi I would very much be interested in a voucher please

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Me too, Im looking for a new phone with contract at the minute!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

stevenmu wrote: »
    Of course it is fair, if the plan was truly unlimited what wouldn't be fair about that?

What's not fair is having a 15GB plan and calling it unlimited, why don't they just call it a 15GB plan?

To make money off stupid people who don't read the t&c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

To make money off stupid people who don't read the t&c

It's just unfortunate that no court ruled that 'unlimited' should mean unlimited then we wouldn't have this issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Kinky Slinky

This is a bargain alert. Why are people arguing about the term unlimited. If you think they're being misleading don't buy their product. There's 4 pages of shite about peoples data usage habits. Its been established that there is a 15Gb data cap. Arguing about it isn't going to increase it.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭swampy353

TBi wrote: »
    It's just unfortunate that no court ruled that 'unlimited' should mean unlimited then we wouldn't have this issue.

Can't take the credit for this. Was baords dyslexic in relation to 3 "unlimited texts" thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78210088&postcount=8
    Its OK for the advertising to state "unlimited" provided the limit set is such that the average user would not be affected by the limit - or at least thats what the ASAI had to say about it last time I researched it. Can't find an actual definition but this case here shows how the system works. From that article the best quote I can find is this>

Quote:
    The Committee felt, however, that a fair use policy should not be viewed as a static policy but should be regularly reviewed to ensure that for the vast majority (at least 99%) of customers on the relevant plan, the thresholds involved are not reached.

The Committee further noted that in a previous adjudication (AC/0710/1342) they had clarified the circumstances when an offer could be described as unlimited where a fair use policy was in place. These were
    • The threshold is so high that it would clearly not be reached by the majority of customers;
    • there are procedures in place to advise customers when they were approaching the threshold and
    • Only where customers ignored the advice and continued to exceed the limit did the operator receive the right charge for the excess.
    • Taken together with the limit the threshold was clearly only in place to prevent abuse of the offer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I dont have a landline..........can i use my mums a/c no?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

Would love a voucher code by the way please!

MidlandsM wrote: »
    I dont have a landline..........can i use my mums a/c no?

No problem! I just signed up using my mum's account number!

Didn't have a voucher code either...just told the agent a friend had recommended the offer but that it wouldn't work online for me.

He very kindly placed the order for me in my own name & I am now waiting on my HTC One X to be delivered on Thursday!

So delighted!

Thank you so much OP. :)

Does anyone know if they are unlocked as I want to use the HTC on my Three account?

My son is getting the emobile account with my DesireHD!

• Advertisement

Joseph wrote: »
    FANTASTIC offer.

I am after getting the HTC One X (550~ euro value), which I wanted anyway for 190 euro. Ontop of that I will get unlimited calls and texts and 15GB (highest available) data for 35 euro a month, which is more usage for less than I'm paying now (paying 40E per month sim only). Plus I'll be able to sell my current phone and actually make a profit.

Hey Joseph! Just wondering if your htc is unlocked?:o

Thanks!

Advertisement