Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭lau1247

Lash_Alert wrote: »
    Decent? Its better than decent mate and you know it. Dont know what your issue is with Eircom?

I have no problem with Eircom.. just saying to watch out about data charges.. you seems to be having problem with me highlighting this to potential heavy user..

I've tested downloading videos straight from youtube (1080p) and a 4min 30 sec video comes in at 117mb.. Granted that is from laptop, maybe on mobile, it default to lower quality content.. even then, it should be at least half of those the size i got..

As for better than decent, it is better than decent only with this existing customer offer that OP posted.. I give you that much.. I'm not an existing eircom customer (I'm actually with Vodafone and O2 but I'm looking to switch) so I have to consider it from the point of view of the normal pricing..

Relative to other such as '3' prepay package and even the billpay package at normal price, it is decent but compromises exist on both eircom's and 3's package.

Also the following is quoted from '3' T&C which says limit service rather than charge people for it
    Three continuously monitors network performance to ensure that the service received by customers is not impacted through a minority of users placing high demand on network resources (e.g. large bandwidths over long periods). Should your data usage exceed 15GB in a 30 day period and your usage affect other network users, we reserve the right to limit your Service.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

I have this offer the last few years with emobile...through friends and family discount - I use my galaxy s2 to tether for all wifi use at home and the 15gb is always enough for my use
    \i dont have landline so I think the cost of my deal is €39 -

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

FANTASTIC offer.

I am after getting the HTC One X (550~ euro value), which I wanted anyway for 190 euro. Ontop of that I will get unlimited calls and texts and 15GB (highest available) data for 35 euro a month, which is more usage for less than I'm paying now (paying 40E per month sim only). Plus I'll be able to sell my current phone and actually make a profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Can you tether with this?
    Is it an 18month contract?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Can you tether with this?
    Is it an 18month contract?

Yes and probably.

• Advertisement

Thanks for this guys, think im going to go with the One X so...
    Back to android and good bye ios!!

Do you all just do this online or can the phone be collected in-store?
    Last q - is there an upgrade option during the deal?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Lash_Alert wrote: »
    Well I have a Galaxy S and 3's 500mb add on. I have never really gone over this. I use it for facebook, browsing, email, twitter and of course Youtube. So to a normal user like myself,it is pretty much unlimited. Theres always 'limits'. Like is isnt actually unlimited texts or calls, like 30,000 or something. Want to moan about that?
    Well yes, as it happens I do. You see there's no such thing as "pretty much unlimited", there's either limits or there isn't. In this there is limits, therefore it is not unlimited.

15GB is a pretty decent limit, it's way better than Vodafone or O2's standard offerings, and it is way more than most people use. But it is still a limit. And there are people out there who may need more than 15GB. Personally I would typically use less than 1GB per month, but there may be an occasional month, maybe once or twice a year where I might need 20GB. If I realise that I may be a heavy user, and therefore decide to pay for an 'unlimited' plan to cater for my needs, and then get hit by a huge bill because I went over the 15GB limit is that really fair?

And the exact same applies to calls/texts. It's a pretty simple concept really. If they want to set a fixed limit, then it's not unlimited.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Does anyone know how to avail of this offer? i've tried my account number a load of times and it doesn't work!!!!!!

I just entered my eircom account numb and it worked straight away...

What is emobile's coverage like? In limerick area

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

loopymum wrote: »
    Great! I am very interested in your reply, I am planning on taking out a contract so will wait and see what you get offered
    Dr Nic wrote: »
    Can everyone stop bickering & just say what phones are available on this and how much they will cost? Is an iphone available on this?
    jameshayes wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to avail of this offer? i've tried my account number a load of times and it doesn't work!!!!!!

I have elaborated in the first post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭loopymum

Thanks plu, I put in dhs account no but its not working for me, will give them a ring later

Open til then end of june, wonder will they have the SGIII by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Probably stupid question, but would I be able to use my parents account and get a contract in my own name? Don't have a landline with Eircom myself.

Probably stupid question, but would I be able to use my parents account and get a contract in my own name? Don't have a landline with Eircom myself.

Yep - i went the whole way thru to checkout this am doing the same thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Same as Meteor. It should be decent. Any time I've been in Limerick, it's grand (signal wise).

This is a great deal.

Just tried my a/c number and it doesn't work :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Just one more question, Meteors free calls & texts to Meteor also works with E-mobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭lavine7

Anyone got a spare voucher code/account no. that can be used to avail of this offer?

It would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

Tasty offer. Too bad the only phone i'd really want (32GB iPhone 4S in white) is out of stock. I wouldn't mind waiting if i could just order it!

Maybe i'll get a white lumia 800 instead.

EDIT: White lumia is out of stock too. Bugger.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Just one more question, Meteors free calls & texts to Meteor also works with E-mobile?

Yep, exact same type of call, so meteor customers can call eMobile for free on the offer.

So how much are ppl being charged upfront for handsets?
    I put my order thru there and then it asked for 189 for the OneX instead of 89euro up front
    Rang them and they said there were extra charges since you're getting the discount in the long run

Anyone else have that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Is it the usual story with a contract here? When I run out my contract, I get an upgrade AND get to stay with the price plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wills21

plu wrote: »
    http://offers.emobile.ie/voucher

Enter your eircom account number as the voucher code. 18 month contract.

EDIT 14052012 @ 10:50
    Plan: Select Unlimited
    Cost per month: €34.50
    SIM Only? : No, you can get a subsidised phone
    Contract Length: 18 months
    Tarriff Duration: For minimum contract (18 months) and as long as you stay on the same plan thereafter
    Offer ends: 30th June 2012
    Open to Existing emobile customers?: No
    Use online, in store or call 1800245729

Phone Costs
    iPhone 4S 16GB, 32GB, 64GB - 199, 299, 399
    Samsung Galaxy S2, Nexus - Free 139
    HTC One S/V Free
    HTC One X 89

One of the guy's in the emobile store in Blanchardstown told me the HTC One X was €199?

It is in store.
    Its a tenner cheaper with this deal at 189.
    But you get the unlimited calls etc for 34.50 per mon

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wills21

The OP has 89 down for the HTC One X, so it is 189?

From what i can see yeah - 189 for the one x.
    Still a hell of a deal

Any word on an expiry date for the voucher? My contract is up in July I'm sure. Although I could easily use a staff discount to get the handset almost free, this deal is too good to miss tbh....

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭radiofreak

There is no mention of this deal on the E Mobile website. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

I have ordered this deal. The HTC One X is 189. This is a special price for a special deal. If you were paying full price per month it would be 89. Still well worth it IMHO

aaaaaaaaanybody know?? Expiry date??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭lau1247

dorgasm wrote: »
    aaaaaaaaanybody know?? Expiry date??

Offer ends: 30th June 2012 according to Wills21 few post back

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Advertisement