Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    ..as soon as I find out the pricing/ availability of the S3 I will let you guys know!:D

Please do. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

unklerosco wrote: »
    Going into an emobile store is a waste of time, HTC one x is €249 in store or €189 online... Heck of a difference

...no it's not it's €199 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

If you have a voucher number courtesy of a friend with an eircom account, do they have to get involved in this transaction at all - do you even have to confirm their name and address or is it just a case of filling out the form?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

unklerosco wrote: »
    Going into an emobile store is a waste of time, HTC one x is €249 in store or €189 online... Heck of a difference

I think it's the same price, online or instore, with this offer.

If you have a voucher number courtesy of a friend with an eircom account, do they have to get involved in this transaction at all - do you even have to confirm their name and address or is it just a case of filling out the form?

You supply the Eircom account number. You provide your email and the number that you want to get the discount on. If the voucher validates, you're good to go. If it doesn't then you're friend doesnt qualify for the discount.

In other words, once you have the Eircom account number you won't need to have the owner involved in the transaction in any way.

• Advertisement

Thanks Jayjay. So technically you could guess an account number and come up trumps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭loopymum

...Also I would recommend anyone who is thinking of getting the Galaxy S3 to wait a few more days. It should be released within the next 2 weeks, and it will be available on this offer. I played with an S3 yesterday and I have to say -it's by far the best phone ive used in a long long time!

I'm waiting for the S3 anyway!

nooooooo!

I was told it would NOT be available on this offer yesterday!

Will be in the horrors if it is, I have ordered a htc one x! Would have loved an s3, will be totally gutted!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

loopymum wrote: »
    nooooooo!

Will be in the horrors if it is, I have ordered a htc one x! Would have loved an s3, will be totally gutted!

Idk last time when it was Sensation Vs S2 I picked S2. S2 was a nicer phone. S3 isnt that much more advanced, come to think of it, its not advanced in anyway, their both on par. S3 is quite ugly too so id def pick One X over S3

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Thanks Jayjay. So technically you could guess an account number and come up trumps!

eircom account numbers are not sequential so you'd be lucky to correctly guess one

In other words, once you have the Eircom account number you won't need to have the owner involved in the transaction in any way.

Jayjay another question if you don't mind - it says only new emobile billpay customers - if I've just come off bill pay can I be treated as a new bill pay customer by signing up again for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

For those looking for vouchers I didn't have one/never got one and just rang up saying I was an eircom customer and want to avail of the offer. They took my eircom account number and sorted me out straight away.

(If only they'd deliver the poxy phone!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Eoin wrote: »
    Does that mean that your connection is moved entirely to Vodafone (like being abroad), or if they automatically piggyback on Vodafone behind the scenes where they've no 3G coverage though?

As I said, I've found the eMobile 3G coverage to be better than Vodafone's so far, but I don't think I've been out of Leinster since switching over.

Yes, like being abroad. You'll see a roaming sign on your phone (if it can display one) and you'll see the vodafone logo/text. It really only in the far west of Ireland that it occurs or is needed.

Jayjay another question if you don't mind - it says only new emobile billpay customers - if I've just come off bill pay can I be treated as a new bill pay customer by signing up again for this?

Once you have a voucher, or have a valid Eircom account number, you will qualify for the deal. It's an offer for all customers bar upgrading customers!

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

JayJay, were you told the s3 would be in this offer when its released?

Once you have a voucher, or have a valid Eircom account number, you will qualify for the deal. It's an offer for all customers bar upgrading customers!

Sorry if I'm not understanding you. What I mean is:

I am currently a billpay customer for another 2 weeks of my contract.
    I then plan to move to prepay (or another operator if required)

Will I then be considered a new bill pay customer if I come back i.e. I'm not upgrading I'm starting a new contract.

Thanks.

Sorry if I'm not understanding you. What I mean is:

I am currently a billpay customer for another 2 weeks of my contract.
    I then plan to move to prepay (or another operator if required)

Will I then be considered a new bill pay customer if I come back i.e. I'm not upgrading I'm starting a new contract.

Thanks.

Hmm....that's a not-so-straightforward one.

If you move to prepay then you may not be able to start up a new contract right away. Emobile may make you wait a month or 2.

HOWEVER, what you could do (in order to avail of this deal), is the following:

1) Start up a brand new contract with a brand new (temporary) emobile number on this deal

2) When you're actual number is out of contract, move back to pay as you go with that number

3) Give it a day or 2, then ring Emobile Care and ask for them to move your prepay number onto your bill pay temporary number.

4) This will transform the temporary number into your actual number and voila, you should be sorted ;)

Hope this makes sense!

It does indeed Jayjay. Food for thought indeed. Thanks.

Once Emobile don't say "Oi, you already are a billpay customer on another account therefore you're not a new billpay customer for this offer"??!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Which network's infrastructure do these guys use? Meteor?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Brian wrote: »
    Which network's infrastructure do these guys use? Meteor?

Yep, Meteor... Think it jumps over to vodafone if there is no coverage

Yes, meteors

• Advertisement

The Vodafone roaming is only for the rural parts of the wset coast of Ireland and not other areas of Ireland where there may be poor or no coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Pj! wrote: »
    Is it true that if a call goes over an hour you are charged for it?
    111lee7 wrote: »
    yes.. emobile and meteor do this, once it goes over the 59 mins you start to be charged, but u can just hang up an call again straight away and you will be fine!!
    Bloody hell. Unlimited my arse.

Are there any other traps people should know about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Should anyone be willing to pass on some voucher/account details to me via pm I'd be grateful:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

nooooooo!

7days to send it back and then start afresh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Pj! wrote: »
    Bloody hell. Unlimited my arse.

Are there any other traps people should know about?

This has been in place for as long as I remember since Meteor came out with free calls in the first place.

Jeez youd want to be having a very interesting conversation to be on the phone for an hour in one go.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

This has been in place for as long as I remember since Meteor came out with free calls in the first place.

Jeez youd want to be having a very interesting conversation to be on the phone for an hour in one go.

UTV, BT, VF all had this in place years ago too.

You haven't spoken to my mother then?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭loopymum

I can't find anything in any of the terms and conditions that state that calls over 59 mins are chargeable?
    If all network and landline calls are unlimited, how could they charge you anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

I can't find anything in any of the terms and conditions that state that calls over 59 mins are chargeable?
    If all network and landline calls are unlimited, how could they charge you anyway?

It says unlimited minutes, which you have, just not all in one go...

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭fugee

I am on this tariff and checked my last bill. I had a call that was 1 hour 3 mins and it was free.

No limit on 59 minute calls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 joc_

hi all,

what phone would you recommend from the ones that are free, i was thinking of a samsung galaxy - is this phone ok or are there better ones on the free list?? - i don't know much about phones!!

Many thanks,
    j

Advertisement