Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

Just wondering, those of you who ordered online (the white one as the pebble blue is still out of stock) how long did it take for you to receive the phone?

It states it should be sent out within 5 working days, how long was it between you ordered and received the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Ordered on a Sunday. They rang me up next day because my bank acc number was wrong. After I corrected it, the phone was with me on the Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

Davie89 wrote: »
    Did you ever get this conformation damie?? Care to share what exactly it said just in case some of us are put in the same situation re: the 100 euro. Might give them a ring later and shout at someone :P

Didn't receive any confirmation but will get onto them again. Calls are recorded so there is that as backup if they try deny it anyway....

I'll call again to shout at them anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Damie wrote: »
    Didn't receive any confirmation but will get onto them again. Calls are recorded so there is that as backup if they try deny it anyway....

I'll call again to shout at them anyway

Just rang emobile there to ask about this 100 euro extra charge for people who paid 139 euro for the SIII.

She assured me that no extra charge will be added to any bill. That the pricing of the phone may have changed since when I bought it (she didn't confirm or deny this price change) but that the price I paid was the price I paid and they cannot add on 100 euro extra to a bill.

Phone call was recorded so i'm happy with that result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭loopymum

polaris68 wrote: »
    My first bill is on "my eMobile" section of their website and I'm being charged €14.50 for 23 May - 04 June and €34.50 for 05 June - 04 July so everything adds up. Obviously, the billing cycle is from the 4th of each month.

The only potential problem I see is that the discount is described as a "Select Unlimited 12 Months 50% Discount" which may suggest that the reduced rate only applies for the first 12 months of the 18 month contract.

Does anyone else see this on their bill?

I got my phone 3 weeks on this deal and I got a text last week saying it is valid for life and not 12 as it says on the bill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Butterball

This may sound like a stupid question- but using the eircom ac number to sign up - does this in any way tie the person with the account for landline into further contract with Eircom? Or could they cancel their landline a month later????

Butterball wrote: »
    This may sound like a stupid question- but using the eircom ac number to sign up - does this in any way tie the person with the account for landline into further contract with Eircom? Or could they cancel their landline a month later????

It wouldn't tie you in at all. You couldn't cancel the Eircom contract a month later unless it was the last month of the contract (without penalty that is). Both contracts are independent of each other.

Just got the dispatch email from Emobile! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Srizzle

Does anybody know if they are still doing the s3 for 140 when you call them? Ive called them but im getting told its 240

Srizzle wrote: »
    Does anybody know if they are still doing the s3 for 140 when you call them? Ive called them but im getting told its 240

€139 for the phone was a mistake from them. €239 is the actual price. I assume they've briefed all the sales staff on this by now, considering so many people screwed them with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

When I click on the link in the op there are 3 options
    Eircom customer
    18 months €64/month
    12 months €69/month
    30 days SIM only €54/month
    Are all these deals half price with the voucher or is it just the €69 pack ?

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭boardtc

unklerosco wrote: »
    Go into one of the stores... I spent two weeks trying to do it via the website and phone. Went into the store and was signed up within 10 mins. I'd to pay a bit extra for the phone but was well worth it...
    They found a voucher for me yesterday in one of the other stores after they rang around :-) I sucked deep and thought about the potential savings on the monthly bill and picked up the S3 for 249.

dorgasm wrote: »
    €139 for the phone was a mistake from them. €239 is the actual price. I assume they've briefed all the sales staff on this by now, considering so many people screwed them with it.
    Thanks, I ended up ordering it online and i only got charged 139

I don't believe that. Unless you payed the full €64 per month, it's impossible. Pics of your order confirmation please...

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

I don't believe that. Unless you payed the full €64 per month, it's impossible. Pics of your order confirmation please...

Srizzle's post is gone!

Just went through checkout there to see what would happen.....this;

Phone & Accessories
    samsung_galaxyIII_basket.jpgSamsung Galaxy S III blue Change
    €139.00

Today's Total €139.00 €239.00

Plan & Add-ons
    Select Unlimited - 18 months18 months Change
    €64.00

Monthly Total €64.00 €34.50

Yeah that's exactly what happens. I don't know why he was claiming otherwise and why he deleted his post :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Yeah that's exactly what happens. I don't know why he was claiming otherwise and why he deleted his post :rolleyes:

Perhaps s/he paid full whack for the plan in error...?

keredern wrote: »

Perhaps s/he paid full whack for the plan in error...?
    Me thinks so too, oops :P

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Thinking about doing this.

Question for people who have done it already.

Do you just ring and they'll port your number for you then?
    I'm heading away and wont be back til July. Is it possible to order it now and do the switch in July when I'm back?

Yeah, I ordered with them, received the phone and rang them that day. I was told the usual "up to 48 hours" but it was done in 20mins. I was coming from O2 bill pay btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 poppster

I know this may not help a lot... but when we ordered, we were told it would be €239.

When the phone actually arrived, the sales receipt showed €139. Money hadn't been deducted from credit card yet.

Rang up to confirm what the story was, and was told that the price was €139, that we wouldn't be charged €239, or the charge added on to the bills. Also, the plan was €34.50 for our lifetime so long as we don't change our contract, or even change the plan after the 18 month contract is up.

Once the SIM card was activated, I can confirm that €139 was deducted.

I was over the moon, as we'd got two, one for my partner and one for myself... so that was €200 less I had to pay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gihj

Is this deal all texts and calls free to any network or just emobile?

Be grateful if anyone has a code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Any network

Pebble Blue is back in stock guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭recyclops

Would love a voucher code if anyone had one available ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Pebble Blue is back in stock guys!

Thanks for posting this. Order placed online...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

recyclops wrote: »
    Would love a voucher code if anyone had one available ;)
    gihj wrote: »
    Is this deal all texts and calls free to any network or just emobile?

Be grateful if anyone has a code.

Guys, your best chance is to find a family member or friend with an eircom landline and enter their account number as the voucher. It will either work or won't. It does not tie in them to any new contract whatsoever so you don't need to involve them other than asking them for the a/c number.

But as stated earlier in this thread you ain't gonna get many strangers giving you their own account number.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

How is everyone getting on with call quality??

Data is perfect for me - getting the H+ on the Samsung S3 - when I'm making calls I keep getting told that I'm breaking up as if there is poor coverage where I live. Previously with Vodafone never had a problem.

Its a great deal and I really want to keep it. Rang the shop where I bought the phone and they suggested getting a different sim or changing the handset.

Living in Cork, just wondering does anyone else have this problem?

Kilsmum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

kilsmum wrote: »
    How is everyone getting on with call quality??

Data is perfect for me - getting the H+ on the Samsung S3 - when I'm making calls I keep getting told that I'm breaking up as if there is poor coverage where I live. Previously with Vodafone never had a problem.

Its a great deal and I really want to keep it. Rang the shop where I bought the phone and they suggested getting a different sim or changing the handset.

Living in Cork, just wondering does anyone else have this problem?

Kilsmum
    Was also told this, not that I'm.breaking up just that I was slightly muffled. I thought it might be because I was holding the phobr away from my face ( came fro. The much smaller iphone).

Also in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Davie89 - some people were saying the sound was coming in and out on the calls to me!!!

I doubt very much its the phone to be honest but more a network problem.

I'm thankfully within my 14 day cooling off period and can cancel but I really don't want to. However, I definitely don't want to be stuck in a contract for 18 months where every time I'm on a call - people are either telling me they can't hear me or that I'm breaking up :mad:

Will try the sim swop and let you know if there is any improvement.

Kilsmum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

I tried signing up for this today for the HTC One X for 89 but when i put in the voucher code the phone price jumps to 189 but the monthly tarrif ends up at the 34.50 that happen anyone else?

Advertisement