Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Eamo,

There is a live thread for in game bets.Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 eamophillips

Cheers I'll follow that thread.

Champions league qualifiers
    Valletta -2 is 17/10 against a shockingly poor team from Andorra. The first game ended up 8-0. Over 3.5 goals is a whopping 11/10 I'll hammer both of them prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Champions league qualifiers
    Valletta -2 is 17/10 against a shockingly poor team from Andorra. The first game ended up 8-0. Over 3.5 goals is a whopping 11/10 I'll hammer both of them prices.

Are Valletta starting their strongest XI? They could just play the reserves with an 8 goal lead...

Probrally play there girls team and still knock 4 or 5 past them after all they are from Andorra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Personally I'm not touching the Valletta game as the odds on Valletta drifted today, but if anyone's interested, here are the goals from the first leg, I've never seen such a terrible GK lol

Brill lass I'm defo backing Valletta worse keeper ever cheers for the video :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Over 3.5 goals is a whopping 11/10 I'll hammer both of them prices.

On Betfair in the Correct Score market, the highest score is 0-3 (to Valetta) and Any Unquoted score is at 3.65... If there is a good chance they will get more than 3, surely this is a massive price?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Dudelange (8/11) and Valetta (4/7) both -1 seems like a safer double to me.

I think It is a massive price but the -1 isn't to be sniffed at either.

• Advertisement

The motivation is definitely on Lusitanos' side though. Remember last year Rosenborg beat the Icelandic champions 5-0, then lost the return leg 2-0...

Last year Valletta played vs a team from San Marino, they won the 1st leg 3-0, but only won 2-1 in the return leg. The year before that, Birkirkara (from Malta) beat an Andorran team 3-0 in the first leg, but only won the return leg 4-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Yeah, I tend to stay away from second leg games when the tie is effectively over as you never know what the motivation of the team will be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,871 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Any where I can get odds on utd buying no more players this transfer window?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Very much doubt there is a market for that anywhere.

could be an independant bookie crap odds price up job if your betting a ton or less.

possibly a LB purchase or a couple of teenagers.

at least 5/1, best an independant offers would be 2s i would imagine.

Awaiting odds on the premierleague combination tricast market on odds checker.

if i get 4/1+ on man x, man x, chelsea i will be putting a very large bet on.

BKC wrote: »
    Yeah, I tend to stay away from second leg games when the tie is effectively over as you never know what the motivation of the team will be like.

Prime example was AEK Larnaca last year. Won away 8-0 against some ****. At home ...1-0.
    And there i was sitting with my over 6,5 goals or something like it with a "who is the wanker now? face.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 samsonmcmuffin

tip74 wrote: »
    Spartak Nal'chik v Ufa
    Spartak Nal'chik: relegated from Premier league, contender for the top places.
    Ufa: new club in the league. Club has only 18 players. Half of the players from last season left the club.

pick 1

Another winner noted!!

Taking Aktobe @ 1.70 before the odds drop even more.

They're very strong at home and are playing very well atm, if they play like they did in their last league game, they should easily beat Torpedo. I watched the first leg and Aktobe were the better team but squandered a lot of chances. A goalless draw would be enough for Aktobe to go through, but hopefully they'll try to win.

Aktobe double chance is the banker of this round imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JohnnyDoogue

Ok so doing some research of today's matches I need to see do people think I'm mad.

METALURH DONETSK VS SHAKHTAR DONETSK

2 or 3 goals is even with PP.

Head to Head in the last 7 games the results have been 2-0 x 6 and 2-1x 1.

Form for the teams, 73% of both teams games have seen 2 or 3 goals.

http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/07/10/ukraine/super-cup/fc-metalurh-donetsk/joint-stock-company-fc-shakhtar-donetsk/1285429/head2head/

Thinking of doubling this with Nomme Kalju v Khazar Lankaran and putting my money on Kalju who are 9/4. The last game in Khazar was 2-2 and with Kalju on such a good run of form in their domestic league(due to buying up a few foreign players) and Khazar having never managing to get past the second round of a European Cup I think this might be a good shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Formation wrote: »
    Awaiting odds on the premierleague combination tricast market on odds checker.

if i get 4/1+ on man x, man x, chelsea i will be putting a very large bet on.

At the moment they're Evens with StanJames
    can't imagine a combination tricast with them 3 getting too much bigger than that tbh (utd, city chelsea top 3 any order)

• Advertisement

Thought it would be bigger but with rvp likely leaving this summer/january it could be a tasty bet but would do better on the investment on multiple games during the season than on an evens season long bet.

Russian league
    Mettalurg kasbas v neftekhimik n
    Over 2.5 goals is evens with pp
    Both teams score plenty of goals so this should come in handy enough at a decent price.

I've gone big on this double:
    Aktobe win or draw
    Inter Baku -1
    @ 1.47

It's a banker imo, Aktobe won't lose at home and I'm not betting on Inter Baku, I'm betting against their opponents, Trans Narva, who are one of the worst teams in Europe.

and an accum:
    Aktobe
    EB Streymur to qualify
    over 3.5 in Inter Baku v Trans Narva
    under 3.5 in Libertas v Renova
    @ 5.50

Cant have a look myself but in a few minutes Cabo verde u17 - brazil u 17 is on.

They both played Portugal u17 recently.
    Cabo Verde lost 5-1
    Brazil however, lost 9-0

As said, i dont know even if it is available but a + Ah for Cabo Verde might be worth a risk at the right odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Formation wrote: »
    Thought it would be bigger but with rvp likely leaving this summer/january it could be a tasty bet but would do better on the investment on multiple games during the season than on an evens season long bet.

this +1
    if RVP goes like it is expected this bet looks extremely tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Russian league
    Mettalurg kasbas v neftekhimik n
    Over 2.5 goals is evens with pp
    Both teams score plenty of goals so this should come in handy enough at a decent price.
    3-1 w/ half an hour remaining.

Noyce one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I've gone big on this double:
    Aktobe win or draw
    Inter Baku -1
    @ 1.47

It's a banker imo, Aktobe won't lose at home and I'm not betting on Inter Baku, I'm betting against their opponents, Trans Narva, who are one of the worst teams in Europe.

and an accum:
    Aktobe
    EB Streymur to qualify
    over 3.5 in Inter Baku v Trans Narva
    under 3.5 in Libertas v Renova
    @ 5.50

Can't see renova goin under 3.5 :(

Can't see renova goin under 3.5 :(

I think it has a good chance of coming in, Sammarinese teams are usually harder to beat in San Marino, plus Libertas have the San Marino NT keeper, he was injured for the first leg but hopefully he'll be able to play vs Renova.

@inforfun Any news about Twente? Are they going to rest players for the return leg? Twente to score over 4.5 is at 1.70 again.

• Advertisement

@inforfun Any news about Twente? Are they going to rest players for the return leg? Twente to score over 4.5 is at 1.70 again.

These are the players they took to Andorra

Boschker, Fernandes, Bednarek, Breukers, Wisgerhof, Gortemaker, Röseler, Kuiper, Brama, Janssen, Promes, Hölscher, Plet, Born, John, Verhoek.

Took it from their own official website but i only count 15 names.

Compared to the team they had against Nordsjaeland last weekend, this looks weak'ish.

I am missing several players i consider 1st team like Fer, De Jong, Douglas just to name a few.
    Doubt that this selection can score 5 over there. I ll keep an eye on it though to see if there will be any additions to this squad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement