Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

ok will do an accumulator for
    japan,uruguay,algeria and solomon island winning..

though the algerian team recently hasnt been in the best form...maybe replacing Tunisia winning might be better as they are playing against a weaker side..?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

how much of a cert are solomon islands?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

seanhynes wrote: »
    how much of a cert are solomon islands?

From what I understood, there's some kind of tournament held in the Solomon Islands that serves as qualification for the World Cup. From what I read, people in the Solomon Islands are really passionate about football so it should motivate the team, also Papua New Guinea don't play together very often as you can see : http://www.soccerway.com/teams/papua-new-guinea/papua-new-guinea/

mrdmb wrote: »
    ok will do an accumulator for
    japan,uruguay,algeria and solomon island winning..

though the algerian team recently hasnt been in the best form...maybe replacing Tunisia winning might be better as they are playing against a weaker side..?

Not sure about that, Equatorial Guinea were decent in the ACN.

its still a tough call..considering how these guys dont play soccer that much..and from the results back in 2011..papa guinea had some nice results..

• Advertisement

Not sure about that, Equatorial Guinea were decent in the ACN.

yeah i did notice my mistake after i posted this one...though i guess Tunisia will still win..cuz they are very strong at home..

mrdmb wrote: »
    its still a tough call..considering how these guys dont play soccer that much..and from the results back in 2011..papa guinea had some nice results..

This might help you decide, it's taken from an article on fifa.com:

Most notably, it has been a particularly long absence for tournament hosts Solomon Islands who, having reached the final stage of Oceania qualifying for Germany 2006, saw their push for South Africa 2010 end with a first-stage elimination way back in September 2007. Now the Solomons are not only seeking on-field redemption, but the nation has the chance to show its organisational capabilities with what has been described as the biggest sporting event to be held in the Melanesian archipelago.

There is much excitement in the Solomon Islands for the ten-day tournament, where passion for the game is undeniable. Five-figure crowds regularly fill the natural bowl at Honiara’s Lawson Tama Stadium; no mean feat for a nation of 500,000 inhabitants, many of whom live away from the main land mass.

The Solomon Islands traditionally favour a fast and dynamic brand of attacking football, exemplified by unpredictable attacking duo Benjamin Totori and Henry Fa’arodo. Turning the team’s natural attacking tendencies into winning results, while at the same time dealing with the pressure of large home crowds, is the task facing coach Jacob Moli and the team’s French technical advisor Laurent Papillon. "I believe this team can achieve a lot if everyone invests the right attitude, effort and determination," said Papillon. "There are a lot of expectations for the national team. The players here are under a lot of pressure and we have to consider that."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

think i'll steer clear,i'll end up waking up tomorrow morning pissed off when they draw or something:rolleyes:

This might help you decide, it's taken from an article on fifa.com:

Most notably, it has been a particularly long absence for tournament hosts Solomon Islands who, having reached the final stage of Oceania qualifying for Germany 2006, saw their push for South Africa 2010 end with a first-stage elimination way back in September 2007. Now the Solomons are not only seeking on-field redemption, but the nation has the chance to show its organisational capabilities with what has been described as the biggest sporting event to be held in the Melanesian archipelago.

There is much excitement in the Solomon Islands for the ten-day tournament, where passion for the game is undeniable. Five-figure crowds regularly fill the natural bowl at Honiara’s Lawson Tama Stadium; no mean feat for a nation of 500,000 inhabitants, many of whom live away from the main land mass.

The Solomon Islands traditionally favour a fast and dynamic brand of attacking football, exemplified by unpredictable attacking duo Benjamin Totori and Henry Fa’arodo. Turning the team’s natural attacking tendencies into winning results, while at the same time dealing with the pressure of large home crowds, is the task facing coach Jacob Moli and the team’s French technical advisor Laurent Papillon. "I believe this team can achieve a lot if everyone invests the right attitude, effort and determination," said Papillon. "There are a lot of expectations for the national team. The players here are under a lot of pressure and we have to consider that."

thanks for the info mate...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,910 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Uruguay v Venezuela

2 bets that stand out me in this match, suarez to score and Uruguay to win(hopefully ill get odds on this tomorrow) and Uruguay To Win With A Clean Sheet 10/11

Urugauy have the best defence in south America and Venezuela are awful away from home.
    Uruguay (-1) 5/6 looks right good too but I like the clean sheet odds a lot better. Maybe Venezuela will try to frustrate Uruguay so hence ill be going for clean sheet bet

Peru v Colombia
    Falcao to score really stands at me. The man is on fire these days.

• Advertisement

Accum for tomorrow and Saturday:
    Slovenia U21
    Norway U21
    Ghana -1
    Egypt
    New Zealand
    @ 1.97

...all those teams should win easily.

Get in :D

btw, the Solomon Islands won 1-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Lasagna it would be very interesting to see a running total or personal log of your bets. You seem to be doing very well.

Formation wrote: »
    Lasagna it would be very interesting to see a running total or personal log of your bets. You seem to be doing very well.

Tbh I don't bet large sums of money so I'm not sure a personal log would be a good idea, I just like betting cuz it's fun, and for some reason whenever I have a big stake on a bet, it loses :p

I'm just glad I haven't had to add money to my Bwin account since last November, my goal now is just to get my bankroll as high as possible.:)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

At 17.00 in Iceland

Grindavik - Akranes
    Akranes is @2.1 to win

Akranes top of the league with 4 wins, 1 draw in 5
    Grindavik, bottom of the league, has played 5 lost 3, 2 draws.

Grindavik lost both home games so far 4-0 and 4-1

Akranes won all of their 4 won matches with a 1 goal margin.

France U21 v Latvia u21

Top of the group against bottom of the group. France scoring for fun 12 goals in 5 games and not conceding one goal. France already beaten Latvia u21s 3-0 but that was away from home.

Im loving the winning margin market France U21 By 4 Or More Goals @17/10
    http://www.flashscore.com/match/GUzwGRdc/#standings

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

International treble for fun

Belgium or draw 11/10
    Holland -2 4/5
    Portugal 1/2

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Gone with Unders in the England game @ 4/5 and Portugal game @ 5/6 today.

For my log, I've gone with 2nd half most goals in the Recreativo game @ Evens in the Segunda Liga.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 firstsport

4 way international

Denmark
    England
    Holland
    Portugal

around 4.8 on Bet365

With that team Belgium have put out, you'd have to fancy them getting somthing from this game but there is somthing that puzzels me with them because for all the talent they have, they dont qualify for tournaments and dont win alot of games. Its strange one.

Headshot wrote: »
    With that team Belgium have put out, you'd have to fancy them getting somthing from this game but there is somthing that puzzels me with them because for all the talent they have, they dont qualify for tournaments and dont win alot of games. Its strange one.

They are unbeaten in 4. Though i do agree it's baffling they didn't make it to the Euros with that talent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭lamoss

Going for under 2.5 double.

England @ 8/11
    Portugal @ 10/11
    € 6.50 on this.

€ 1.50 draw double on the above incase of a bore draw.

Either bet pays just over € 20 if a winner. odds from boylesports.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Hazard to score any time and Belgium to win 20/1

Treble:
    Both teams NOT to score in France U21 v Latvia U21
    Uruguay
    Senegal -1
    @ 2.46

No Kompany for Belgium by the way. Failed a fitness test

2 quid on a 1-1 draw

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

This belgium game seems to be drawing a lot of attention. Small stakes?

Can anybody get me a confirmed Holland lineup? Would be very much appreciated. Is for scorers market

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Treble of any time scorers in South America tonight

Suarez/Messi/Alexis Sanchez
    @7.47

Headshot wrote: »

Thanks man. Bet's V Persie to score a hatrick 12/1 William Hill. Cracking odds i reckon. Very weak Northern Ireland side, even for them

• Advertisement

A third of the way there :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement