Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

manual_man wrote: »
    3 reasons why Ireland can qualify from group C

Croatia - Bilic has already announced he's leaving after the Euros - i can imagine the Croat players finding it harder to motivate themselves for a manager who's on his way

Italy - things couldn't be much worse for the Italians going in to the competition - the latest match fixing scandal couldn't have come at a worse time - they've already lost one player (Criscito), but more worrying for them is the effect this will have on team morale - this is one problem that just refuses to go away. As if to make matters worse, they're friendly v Luxembourg had to be cancelled due to the earthquake in Italy, leaving them short on match practice going in to the competion

Spain - they could crush all that comes before them - but there's a couple of small things that could work to Ireland's favour - they're missing their most prolific attacker (Villa) and their best defender (Puyol). Another possible cause for concern is fatigue. Their Barca and Real contingent in particular had a gruelling season number of games wise, also their Bilbao players (Llorente, Martinez), and even Mata for Chelsea. It's not something that should be entirely dismissed

4/1 can still be got on Ireland to qualify, i really, really fancy this. Let's not forget we've progressed to the second round in our last 3 major championships. The underdog tag has always suited us. Anyway somethin to chew on fellas, feel there's some money to be made here ;)

Croatia will be more motivated to win I'd say that they know it will be his last games.

Last time a betting scandal came out of Italy like this they won the Euros I read somewhere.

And finally, I watched Spain today against Korea, 4-1 was modest!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Already on the above and it shall pay for trip to Ukraine to watch the lads beat England should it come off. COYBIG :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Croatia will be more motivated to win I'd say that they know it will be his last games.

Last time a betting scandal came out of Italy like this they won the Euros I read somewhere.

And finally, I watched Spain today against Korea, 4-1 was modest!

1982 and 2006...two betting scandals followed up by points deductions, stripped titles, relegations...and of course World Cup wins. I'm pinning my hopes on them all having a tenner on Dunne to score the winner against them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Boredom made me do this lil accum:

Greece v Armenia Over 1.5 @4/11
    Greece last 7 games covered this
    Armenia last 8 games covered this
    Germany v Isreal Over 2.5 @2/5
    Germany last 14 games covered this
    Isreal 6/9 last games covered this (new managers only previous 2 games been 2-3 & 2-1)
    France v Serbia Under 2.5 @4/6
    France 6/10 games covered this
    Serbia 10/11 last games covered this (went overs at home V Faroe Islands)
    Latvia v Lithuania Under 2.5 (on tomorrow) @8/11
    Lativa last 7 games covered this
    Lithuania 7/10 last games covered this (including Unders in games Vs Russia, Scotland & Poland)
    Game in the Baltic Cup so be competitive

Comes to just odds of 4.1/1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Accum for tomorrow and Saturday:
    Slovenia U21
    Norway U21
    Ghana -1
    Egypt
    New Zealand
    @ 1.97

...all those teams should win easily.

Treble:
    France
    Ghana -1
    Egypt
    @ 1.85

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Does anyone know who the Spain penalty taker is ?

Also now no Lampard will it be Gerrard ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

3 reasons why Ireland can qualify from group C

Croatia - Bilic has already announced he's leaving after the Euros - i can imagine the Croat players finding it harder to motivate themselves for a manager who's on his way Italy - things couldn't be much worse for the Italians going in to the competition - the latest match fixing scandal couldn't have come at a worse time - they've already lost one player (Criscito), but more worrying for them is the effect this will have on team morale - this is one problem that just refuses to go away. As if to make matters worse, they're friendly v Luxembourg had to be cancelled due to the earthquake in Italy, leaving them short on match practice going in to the competion Spain - they could crush all that comes before them - but there's a couple of small things that could work to Ireland's favour - they're missing their most prolific attacker (Villa) and their best defender (Puyol). Another possible cause for concern is fatigue. Their Barca and Real contingent in particular had a gruelling season number of games wise, also their Bilbao players (Llorente, Martinez), and even Mata for Chelsea. It's not something that should be entirely dismissed 4/1 can still be got on Ireland to qualify, i really, really fancy this. Let's not forget we've progressed to the second round in our last 3 major championships. The underdog tag has always suited us. Anyway somethin to chew on fellas, feel there's some money to be made here ;)
    been researching croatia - i expect us and croatia to both end on 1 point but we finish 3rd due to a better goal difference (2 goals).

any books offering finishing positions on all 4 teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Formation wrote: »
    been researching croatia - i expect us and croatia to both end on 1 point but we finish 3rd due to a better goal difference (2 goals).

any books offering finishing positions on all 4 teams?

Not sure tbh. But you should have more faith brother :p People always put Ireland down (mostly Irish), yet we almost always surprise...

We got a poor draw though.

you have to admit we will lose to spain 99% of the time.

italys central midfield will dominate against us but we have a small chance of nicking a draw.

if we nick a 1-0 win on croatia we have 4 points.

spain will get at least 7 points and more than likely 9.

italy will get at least 4 points and should end up with a better goal difference than us on the off chance we take points off them.

I put us about 10/1 to qualify and that is being optimistic.

croatia on paper have a better team but we are capable of nicking a win but lets face it, 1 point is our most likely result (this is the gambling forum so leave emotion outside).

i think we will finish 3rd solely because we will be set up more defensively than croatia.

cheer on the lads, bet on something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

italys central midfield will dominate against us but we have a small chance of nicking a draw.

italy will get at least 4 points and should end up with a better goal difference than us on the off chance we take points off them.

croatia on paper have a better team but we are capable of nicking a win but lets face it, 1 point is our most likely result (this is the gambling forum so leave emotion outside).

i think we will finish 3rd solely because we will be set up more defensively than croatia.

I never bet on emotion. I genuinely fancy our chances of qualification. The only team i really fear is Spain. Our team is alot better than some people give us credit for. It's very well balanced. And we have players that can cause opposing defences problems. Greece showed what can be done with pure grit and determination, and one could say we have a much better team than they did in 2004.. Anyway i'll take a fiver on your 10/1 if you're offering :p

• Advertisement

I never bet on emotion. I genuinely fancy our chances of qualification. The only team i really fear is Spain. Our team is alot better than some people give us credit for. It's very well balanced. And we have players that can cause opposing defences problems. Greece showed what can be done with pure grit and determination, and one could say we have a much better team than they did in 2004.. Anyway i'll take a fiver on your 10/1 if you're offering :p
    and then lay it of on bf. If only it were that easy:)

Double:
    Under 2.5 in Italy v Russia
    Solomon Islands
    @ 2.52

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

This is just all wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Waterford, Sligo, Bray to win and Drogheda (DnB) - 7.64/1

This is just all wrong
    put your money where your mouth is. Escrow required.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Two bets for tonight, and I probably deserve a slap around the head for looking at the LOI but oh well -

Sligo @ 3/4

Bray @ Evens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭swimfast

-Ade- wrote: »
    Two bets for tonight, and I probably deserve a slap around the head for looking at the LOI but oh well -

Sligo @ 3/4

Bray @ Evens

how confident u about that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

need overs in that bray UCD game tonight or its no Poland for me.. quietly confident though, covered in the last 4 meetings and for the past 4 years at the Carlisle Grounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭swimfast

swimfast wrote: »

im going to follow that in a double and slap in rovers aswell 5.64 with pp for the treble and if i put in derry also 9.64 advice ?

swimfast wrote: »

On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the most confident.... 0.. knowing my luck with LOI. By the looks of things on paper Sligo should be good anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Bray, Wexford and Derry for me and a treble of J.Byrne, S.Mclaughlin and Fabio O'Brien anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Taken Belgium dnb tomorrow at 4.4

Under 3.5 in San Marino U21 v Greece U21 @ 1.78

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Single
    Bray v UCD
    Bray goals over 1.5 5/6

-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

put your money where your mouth is. Escrow required.

You've already indicated your unwillingness to take bets on your own prices on the last page,So this statement really makes no sense whatsoever.

Practice what you preach.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Single
    Bray v UCD
    Bray goals over 1.5 5/6

boom :D

Both teams NOT to score in Estonia U21 v Spain U21 @ 1.85 (game's on Thursday)

I don't really understand why the odds are so high here...
    Treble:
    France
    Ghana -1
    Egypt
    @ 1.85
    Under 3.5 in San Marino U21 v Greece U21 @ 1.78

Get in!

Double:
    Solomon Islands
    Algeria
    @ 1.79

and another double:
    Solomon Islands
    Both teams NOT to score in France U21 v Latvia U21
    @ 2.12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

Get in!

Double:
    Solomon Islands
    Algeria
    @ 1.79

hey Lasagna...every time i see those bets i pitty that i didnt follow u..!
    would u consider adding the last 2 bets to Uruguay and Japan winning.?

• Advertisement

mrdmb wrote: »
    hey Lasagna...every time i see those bets i pitty that i didnt follow u..!
    would u consider adding the last 2 bets to Uruguay and Japan winning.?

Yea, Uruguay and Japan should win easily imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement