Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Double of Madrid clean sheet and over 3.5 goals in Chelsea v Swansea for me. 6/5 and 5/4 respectively on Bet Victor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

What do ye think of the PP powerplay Ba and Ronaldo to score tonight at 2/1?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Meglamonia wrote: »

Ba may not even start

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Meglamonia wrote: »

Ronaldo was at the Balon d'or Monday, should of been dying of a hangover yesterday so he might be off his game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Voltwad wrote: »
    Double of Madrid clean sheet and over 3.5 goals in Chelsea v Swansea for me. 6/5 and 5/4 respectively on Bet Victor.

Not seeing the overs in the Chelsea game think Swansea will try to keep it very tight tonight and park the bus bring the game back to the liberties alive.

Maybe I'm just judging laudraup all wrong but I think if they looked at Chelsea'sstruggles against Fulham and QPR he'll pack the midfield and play defensively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Ronaldo was at the Balon d'or Monday, should of been dying of a hangover yesterday so he might be off his game

Ronaldo doesn't drink though??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Ah sure Messi is often hungover playing, doesn't seem to affect him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    Maritimo vs Rio Ave (Portugal, Taca de Liga)

Apparently there is word that Maritimo are going to send out a B / Youth team.

Rio Ave are available at 2.70 right now

No idea if this news is 100% real, but looks like odds are droping bookiewide

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/other/portugal/league-cup/maritimo-v-rio-ave/winner

Boom (no money for me though, of course :()

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

Chelsea team to face Swansea: Turnbull, Ivanovic, Azpilicueta,Cahill, Cole; Ramires, Luiz; Hazard, Oscar, Mata; Torres

Swansea team to face Chelsea: Tremmel, Rangel, Chico, Williams, Davies, Britton, Ki, De Guzman; Routledge, Michu, Pablo Hernandez

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

skydish79 wrote: »
    Chelsea team to face Swansea: Turnbull, Ivanovic, Cahill, Cole; Ramires, Luiz; Hazard, Oscar, Mata; Torres

Swansea team to face Chelsea: Tremmel, Rangel, Chico, Williams, Davies, Britton, Ki, De Guzman; Routledge, Michu, Pablo Hernandez

Have to say, that's not what I was hoping for. Should play in favour of those betting on the unders, or on Chelsea to concede.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Rackstar wrote: »
    Ronaldo doesn't drink though??

He may have had a few after the results were announced

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Like the look of BTTS in Chelsea Swansea game @ 1.8

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Was only taking the pi$$ about Ronaldo in case it influences anyones bets!

I'm sure he'll be on fire tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Fancy Chelsea to win both halves @ 2/1.

Poor odds against premiership oppo? Everton were 2/1 to win both halves against Cheltenham the other night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

said id avoid cup games but.. luiz playin in midfield and no lamps so he's on penos i think... luiz anytime 5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BBoyle88

Juve had another player sent off against them today yet still lost, seems like every single week a player is sent off against them and lot of the time, its harsh. Anyone able to get stats on players sent off v Juve this season?
    Seems fishy and something to look out for in the future...

That's a running joke in Italy, juve get all the decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

BBoyle88 wrote: »
    That's a running joke in Italy, juve get all the decisions

And they got another tonight with their 1st goal coming from a free kick that was in no way, shape or form a foul :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,039 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

QPR v Spurs

I really fancy Spurs to win this. It was a big win for QPR against Chelsea but they far from deserved it and Chelsea dont have the attack to break down defending teams like what Spurs have. Spurs have the best wingers in the league at the moment and they are the key to opening defences. Most likely we'll see QPR have 11 men behind the ball again and hope for something lucky but I just dont see them getting it

Bets that stand out at me are 5/6 Spurs win, Spurs and over 2.5 goals @ 13/8 and the one I will mostly go for are the corners. ****ing Bet365 are fair slow to put them on the site. I look fair forward to see the odds on Spurs race to 9 will be. Spurs corner bets have been very good to me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

YayaBanana wrote: »
    I know it's going against what has happened in the last few games but I'm going for

Madrid to win and keep a clean sheet @ 6/5

I can see Mourinho tightening things up after the last couple games and I think 6/5 is a great price.

4-0. Very very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Chelsea. Looked really really poor last. Couple weeks think the trip to japan and bad management from benitez is catching up with them and they play for me one of the hardest teams to play against. At there ground. Stoke city this weekend looking at

Stoke or draw 4/5

Stoke DNB 2/1

Stoke win 16/5

Stoke to win Jonathan walters anytime 9/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 HRB

Am thinking of a treble with Coventry, Atletico Madrid and Betis. Any thoughts or recomendations??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Bet Victor Man City DNB 1/1. Thinking of putting a good bit on this, thoughts??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Avfctom wrote: »
    Chelsea. Looked really really poor last. Couple weeks think the trip to japan and bad management from benitez is catching up with them and they play for me one of the hardest teams to play against. At there ground. Stoke city this weekend looking at

Stoke or draw 4/5

Stoke DNB 2/1

Stoke win 16/5

Stoke to win Jonathan walters anytime 9/1
    Don't want to come across as a dick or anything Tom, but I notice you pile into matches with multiple bets favouring one side quite frequently. Don't you ever consider that you might be putting way too many eggs in one basket?

Don't want to come across as a dick or anything Tom, but I notice you pile into matches with multiple bets favouring one side quite frequently. Don't you ever consider that you might be putting way too many eggs in one basket?
    I see your point if i am confident on somethink i like to go in and spread my bets if im right i win big lose and its not so bad i only bet what i can afford to lose one thing i need to do is stop backing villa lol recipe for disaster kills me to do it but second leg i will back bradford to qualify at 4/6

Coventy
    Real betis

2/1 double

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Barca first half handicap -1 (2.05 Bet365)
    Getafe V Atl. Madrid, +2.5 (1.99 Marathon)
    Betis V UD Las Palmas +2.5 (1.74 Pinnacle)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Lens (vs Arles Avignon) @ 1.83

I don't like betting on the French 2nd division but this looks a really good bet. Lens are unbeaten in their last 13 games, they play really good football and have the largest fan base in the league, they need to win games like this if they want to get promoted.
    Arles Avignon are hard to beat cuz they play with 5 at the back, they're coming off an embarrassing 2-0 defeat vs a 7th division team in the cup, while Lens knocked out a Ligue 1 team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Q.P.R. v Tottenham
    I can't believe the price on a Spurs victory at 5/6. My bet of the week. QPR won last time out at Chelsea but that win had more than an element of good fortune to it. Looking at the stats QPR have lost at home 5 times from 10 home games while high flying Spurs have won 7 of their last 9 league encounters. Only Man Utd have won more games on the road this season than AVB's men.
    Bale anytime 6/4 He has 6 goals in his last 7 starts.
    Stoke v Chelsea
    I can't understand why any away team should be odds on away to Stoke but that is what Chelsea are at just under evens at 10/11. After a series of early draws into his reign Chelsea looked like getting back into the title race as they put together an impressive run of results with 4 consecutive league wins. However, this came crashing to a halt with a crushing defeat to bitter rivals QPR at home. They also managed to lose midweek to Swansea in the 1st leg of the LC semi so the pressure is really on Benitez now. No team has come away from the Britianna with 3 points this season although Southampton came awful close last weekend. After defending very impressively they have started to conceded a few goals at what was once a fortress. (Conceded in last 4 home games) I expect chelsea to go with Demba Ba instead of torres and they have found the net in all but one away game this season. I think both teams to score at 5/6 looks good.
    I can't see Stoke losing so I'll go with the draw at 12/5.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 GiroudSomeMawn

Barca V Cordoba

Villa anytime.

DV generally starts all cup games after being a bench warmer in the league games this season.

His scoring record, even when playing left of a front 3 is excellent, and with a comfortable win likely for a shadow barca xi, I feel he will likely notch. Cordoba are woeful and are behind Barca B in the 2nd div, and surely villa will score proving himself to foreign suitors and or Tito.

He has scored 3 in 3 in the cup this year, and betfairs price of 5/6 is very appealing, particularly with the likes of pp quoting 4/9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

thinking of getting on Suarez/RvP anytime double for the big weekend game. Found 9/2 but may get slightly better when da bookies start with their specials. i fancy goals in the game and those 2 generally turn up in the big games. found Suarez wincast at 7/1 too, not particulary confident on that (even as a Liverpool fan :p), but you have to admit that's a seriously nice price

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement