Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(UK) Man loses 5 of his kids in a fire

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

Maybe you should move to Saudi Arabia. They do the whole eye for an eye thing over there. You might get a 'nice' job dealing justice.

Have you read the thread about the Saudi man sentenced to paralysis? It's very easy to think people should deserve those kinds of sentences until someone actually gets that type of punishment.

That being said, I'd have no sympathy for this man if he were killed. I just don't necessarily think the death penalty is ever a good idea.
    I will have to have a proper look at that thread. Saudi Arabia would not be top of my holiday list as it is too much of a religious country for my taste. And despite what the old hippy(because he is spineless he thinks anyone who shows some courage is blood thirsty)is trying to post about me i am far from a blood thirsty person but i do believe in tough justice and in some cases an eye for an eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

LordSutch wrote: »
    I concede and agree that if you (and Madam_x) look at it like that, well then Osborne was out of order!

I do however think that the whole benefit system needs to be looked at in the UK (re the very OTT Philpott benefit lifestyle), which was milking
    the system for all its worth, but yes, on reflection the Chancellor might have chosen another time to bring this to political hot potato to the fore.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/apr/06/welfare-britain-facts-myths

It's like a carbon copy of what's going on here - misinformation & redirection leading to a general consensus that 'the unemployed' or 'doleheads' are at fault for the crisis...and now in the UK, they are also a child murdering, rapey cohort who get 100k a year and must be stopped!
    You couldn't make it up, or could you?

Osborne ought to be ashamed, but he has no shame.
    Their enablers, the LibDems are even more disgusting going along with this shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭wordsmithi

goat2 wrote: »
    was it said on the news that mick pilpotts two partners were not allowed the keys to the home, and that he had all the state benefits that were doled out the family put into his own account only,
    he must have ruled that home with an oiron fist,
    i also wonder did he, charge for the services he was allowing his wife to give other males, or was she doing it under threat from him,

he was one piece of ****e, living off the hard working people of his country

I have read a little bit about this case. Mick Philpott served three years of a seven year sentence for attempted murder. The victim was his first wife and he viciously stabbed her thirteen times with a knife. He damaged her internal organs and she is still on medication today due to the horrific injuries she sustained from his attack. He also attacked her mother when the poor woman was trying to save her daughter from him. This attack was thirty five years ago (1978). His current wife Mairead Philpott and his former "mistress" worked outside the home, brought home a wage and he demanded that the money be put in HIS bank account. The mistress had no key to the family home. In addition to all of this, he refused to work and expected to have a bigger house provided by the state to accommodate his huge family. The women he chose were vulnerable people. His wife was a mother at the age of sixteen and the mistress was an orphan. No-one has ever stated the children were neglected or abused. They were cared for and were clean, well fed and attended school. The events of the fire etc are well known by posters. The history of Philpott is very disturbing and he was clearly a danger to women. He is considered by criminologists to be a psychopath.

The sexual element makes for dreadful reading. They participated in dogging which resulted in Mrs Philpott (Mairead) having an abortion. She and co-accused Paul Mosley were sexually involved. All of this was encouraged by Mick Philpott. He used to spend some nights with his wife and other nights in a caravan with the mistress. This went on for about ten years with them living together with all the children. The judge said Philpott had " no moral compass". It is obvious the judge was 100% correct in her analysis of Mick Philpott & co.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I will have to have a proper look at that thread. Saudi Arabia would not be top of my holiday list as it is too much of a religious country for my taste. And despite what the old hippy(because he is spineless he thinks anyone who shows some courage is blood thirsty)is trying to post about me i am far from a blood thirsty person but i do believe in tough justice and in some cases an eye for an eye.

Courage? What courage exactly did you display in your armchair wars? Did you have to wait two minutes to type a response before getting another can of beer? Do you expect a medal or some other kind of recognition?

LordSutch wrote: »
    I concede and agree that if you (and Madam_x) look at it like that, well then Osborne was out of order!

I do however think that the whole benefit system needs to be looked at in the UK (re the very OTT Philpott benefit lifestyle), which was milking
    the system for all its worth, but yes, on reflection the Chancellor might have chosen another time to bring this to political hot potato to the fore.

It's a strange thing. It could be argued that the ending could have been prevented if there was more money spent. Philpott was a bastard who manipulated and abused women. More support for women in that situation might have helped more.

But then again, although I do think there should be more support in general, this is a very specific case and drawing any type of broader conclusion from it is risky.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Ah that's better.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

And despite what the old hippy(because he is spineless he thinks anyone who shows some courage is blood thirsty)is trying to post about me i am far from a blood thirsty person but i do believe in tough justice and in some cases an eye for an eye.

There's nothing spineless in refusing to join in your well documented bloodlust for justice/money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

Grayson wrote: »
    Courage? What courage exactly did you display in your armchair wars? Did you have to wait two minutes to type a response before getting another can of beer? Do you expect a medal or some other kind of recognition?
    You know nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

You know nothing.

yes, I do know nothing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement