Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(UK) Man loses 5 of his kids in a fire

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Airitech wrote: »
    Just enough to lay off the cheap digs for one thread, I wouldn't have thought it was hard to not try and capitalise on a tragedy like that so you can get one up on people you don't agree with.

You must have very little in your life to cause you to be such a small petty man.

I don't agree with people calling for torture, death penalty, murder and prison rapes either. I'm not going to stay silent on it.

Yes, I guess I must have very little in my life - having such opinions that rankles you so much.

Lucky old you with your real man of a father.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

old hippy wrote: »
    I don't agree with people calling for torture, death penalty, murder and prison rapes either. I'm not going to stay silent on it.

Yes, I guess I must have very little in my life - having such opinions that rankles you so much.

Your s***e must smell of wildflowers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Airitech

Why so bitter? I'm very lucky to have a father who is respected, the kind of man a reasonable person would aspire to be.

We could do with more men like that instead the petty spiteful kind.

Much as I'd love to engage you in a race to the last word on this, I don't fancy spending the rest of the evening in an intellectual fencing match with an unarmed opponent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Your s***e must smell of wildflowers.

I thought you were concerned with what I'm smoking.

Getting back to the matter of benefits, oily Osborne wants there to be a debate on the benefits culture

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22025035

Asked about such claims, Mr Osborne said a debate was needed about whether the state should "subsidise lifestyles like that".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

@JonnieMarbLes: Remember when Harold Shipman killed several hundred people on purpose and we debated whether that means all middle class people are evil?

Retweeted by Frankie Boyle

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Why so bitter? I'm very lucky to have a father who is respected, the kind of man a reasonable person would aspire to be. ...
    I thought you were concerned with what I'm smoking. ...
    Lads I'd be very happy if the pair of you cut out the childish sniping from the thread.

A particularly evil man and his two acolytes went to prison today for killing six innocent little children. Are your egos so big that you can't lay off the nonsense and the insults here and move your crap to another thread out of respect for the little lives so brutally ended?

Report me to the mods if you like for back-seat modding (no choice when there is no-one in the front seat) and let that lead where it will, but please shut up the bitchy exchanges - I have no interest whatsoever and you're disrupting the flow of the thread. PM each other and bypass swear-filters as well. Personally I won't miss either of you.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

efb wrote: »
    @JonnieMarbLes: Remember when Harold Shipman killed several hundred people on purpose and we debated whether that means all middle class people are evil?

Retweeted by Frankie Boyle
    Jeffrey Bamber to
    Getting back to the matter of benefits, oily Osborne wants there to be a debate on the benefits culture

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22025035

Asked about such claims, Mr Osborne said a debate was needed about whether the state should "subsidise lifestyles like that".
    Which ties in neatly with his welfare cuts introduced this week and highlighted by the actions of and the deaths of Philpott's children .

Of course there should a debate on welfare reforms but in superstar Philpott's case ,they had the opportunity to tackle him when he appeared on the JK show and the Ann Widdecome ' living on Benefits ' special in 2007 .

mathepac wrote: »
    Lads I'd be very happy if the pair of you cut out the childish sniping from the thread.

A particularly evil man and his two acolytes went to prison today for killing six innocent little children. Are your egos so big that you can't lay off the nonsense and the insults here and move your crap to another thread out of respect for the little lives so brutally ended?

Report me to the mods if you like for back-seat modding (no choice when there is no-one in the front seat) and let that lead where it will, but please shut up the bitchy exchanges - I have no interest whatsoever and you're disrupting the flow of the thread. PM each other and bypass swear-filters as well. Personally I won't miss either of you.

Thanks.

I don't really care what you think, i had an opinion to give and I gave it. Your contribution to this thread seems to be limited to pedantic sniping about whether the Philpott family was Irish or English and some tedious back seat modding.

If you have something constructive to add please feel free to do so.

Latchy wrote: »
    Jeffrey Bamber to

Which ties in neatly with his welfare cuts introduced this week and highlighted by the actions of and the deaths of Philpott's children .

Of course there should a debate on welfare reforms but in superstar Philpott's case ,they had the opportunity to tackle him when he appeared on the JK show and the Ann Widdecome ' living on Benefits ' special in 2007 .

I thought some progress had been made on capping the total benefits a household could get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/apr/04/mick-philpott-celebrity-prisoner-rivals

good piece on what sort of prison life awaits Philpott, he'd be in a bit of a grey area inside, a prime target for attack.reviled for his attitude to women and kids yet not regarded as a nonce or grass.

he'll undoubtedly form alliances in there due as he'd find fellow scummers to associate with like he would in most places in the UK or Ireland where his ilk live.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Ah, so it's all down to the likes of me, eh? :rolleyes:

I don't agree with people who abuse the system, no, of course not. But I don't wish to demonise them and use this horrible case and that man as some kind of poster boy for your cause.

So spare me your crocodile tears.

I have to agree with the bit in bold.
    Already, chinless wonder George Osbourne has sprung up cynically declaring a link between these horrendous, vile murderers and people on out-of-work benefits.

As an opinion piece in The Independent said today:

"The truth is that the Philpotts say nothing about anyone, except for themselves, just as the serial murderer GP Harold Shipman said nothing about middle-class professionals. There are, and have always been, a small minority of individuals capable of breathtaking cruelty. The Philpott case relates in no way to people on benefits in this country."

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/philpott-verdict-blame-the-man-not-his-class-8557509.html

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

using this horrific case as an example of any type of reform in any type of governmental legislation is the most horrific and disgusting abuse of public office. I hope these children haunt osborne, th elife they had, the life they might have had, most probably consigned to the gutter like the millions of potential so called philpotts.. all those men who get the dole.. its a disgusting disgrace to use the death of these children as some sort of backing for the horrific welfare so called reforms that will send many families into deep poverty, deep depression and no hope. What kind of human being uses the death of these children as some sort odf highlight to place other children in to poverty. Disgusting.. and for the two of you who are bickering over some sort of rubbish, get a grip of yourselves and have some respect for those who burnt to death. my god i despair sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

What's the bets that Jeremy Kyle will do an interview with Phillpott in prison?

KKkitty wrote: »
    What's the bets that Jeremy Kyle will do an interview with Phillpott in prison?

Jeremy will be getting some mileage of this one way or another. I get the feeling we will be inundated with clips of the righteous Jeremy "taking on" and "confronting" the Philpotts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

The man is the very definition of scum. Poor kids never had a chance with them people as parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

Steve O wrote: »
    The man is the very definition of scum. Poor kids never had a chance with them people as parents.

Any reports I've heard was that the children were very well behaved and by all accounts nice and friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I thought some progress had been made on capping the total benefits a household could get?
    There has but Osbourne wanting to create a welfare system that rewards work is all fine in theory but the reality for many who don't wish to depend on benefits can be quite different and nothing like the life style of the Mick Philpotts of the world .
    Any reports I've heard was that the children were very well behaved and by all accounts nice and friendly.
    The children were the only shining light in all of this .

Philpott ,his women and associates are all toxic and he and they were only fooling their own kind .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭MrPoker

dd972 wrote: »
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/apr/04/mick-philpott-celebrity-prisoner-rivals

good piece on what sort of prison life awaits Philpott, he'd be in a bit of a grey area inside, a prime target for attack.reviled for his attitude to women and kids yet not regarded as a nonce or grass.

he'll undoubtedly form alliances in there due as he'd find fellow scummers to associate with like he would in most places in the UK or Ireland where his ilk live.

Can't believe the papers are calling him a celebrity. He'll be loving that type of notoriety.

MrPoker wrote: »
    Can't believe the papers are calling him a celebrity. He'll be loving that type of notoriety.

Someone else posted an article from the Daily Mail talking about how reality tv contributed to this guys ego. This is oxygen to this creep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Could I ask a question. On boards there had always been a good divide between people who think the criminals need to be treated and rehabilitated, such as the guys who killed James bulger.

Can anyone say that this guy and his wife should not just be killed? I mean really? It will cost the tax payer over 250k a year to provide then with extra security after this. Do they really deserve to be kept in prison ? Would the world not be better off if they ceased to exist?

• Advertisement

allibastor wrote: »
    Could I ask a question. On boards there had always been a good divide between people who think the criminals need to be treated and rehabilitated, such as the guys who killed James bulger.

Can anyone say that this guy and his wife should not just be killed? I mean really? It will cost the tax payer over 250k a year to provide then with extra security after this. Do they really deserve to be kept in prison ? Would the world not be better off if they ceased to exist?

That would be an easy escape for them. They should stay locked up for a long time and have to live with what they done. They may well have to stay locked up 23 hours a day in a protection unit for their own safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Why is the topic still called:

(UK) Man loses 5 of his kids in a fire

Should be changed to:

(UK) Man murders 5 of his kids in a fire

That would be an easy escape for them. They should stay locked up for a long time and have to live with what they done. They may well have to stay locked up 23 hours a day in a protection unit for their own safety.

But why? Do you know how much it costs the uk to keep the identity of Maxine Carr hidden, or any other well known criminals.

Why don't we have some form if painful death for people like this. I mean really can anyone say that they should be set free in 15 years I Beleive as mick philpott will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

Should be changed to:

(UK) Man murders 5 of his kids in a fire

or Man murders 6 of his kids in a fire

Lyn256 wrote: »
    or Man murders 6 of his kids in a fire

Should be scumbag and his scummy wife and scummy friend murder six kids

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

That's not even three years per child :mad: hope the prisoners kill him.

allibastor wrote: »
    But why? Do you know how much it costs the uk to keep the identity of Maxine Carr hidden, or any other well known criminals.

Why don't we have some form if painful death for people like this. I mean really can anyone say that they should be set free in 15 years I Beleive as mick philpott will be?

Mick Phillpott can apply for parole after 17 years but he won't get it. I know it's expensive but that's the cost of a civilised society. If we started killing them we are no better than them. We would just end up going backwards and Europe would become like Saudi Arabia is now, vengeful and cruel.

We have moved beyond that, it's not a deterrent and we are above punishing people like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

123balltv wrote: »
    That's not even three years per child :mad: hope the prisoners kill him.

If the prisoners do kill him I hope they wait until the night before he is to be released in approx 17yrs time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

It can't be murder because he was convicted of manslaughter

• Advertisement

Mick Phillpott can apply for parole after 17 years but he won't get it. I know it's expensive but that's the cost of a civilised society. If we started killing them we are no better than them. We would just end up going backwards and Europe would become like Saudi Arabia is now, vengeful and cruel.

We have moved beyond that, it's not a deterrent and we are above punishing people like that.

What? I am sorry but how does incarceration help them or society. Would you think the states are backwards? They have the death penalty in places. How does it justify spending money to keep and guard these people over paying for let's say cancer treatment for someone else?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement