Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Long Do You Shower For?/How often?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Having to sit through that initial freezing - roasting - just right cycle every time you turn on the shower is too much hassle. Even if it doesnt get on you. :pac:

Oh I don't do it. My dad did (well when I lived at home he did).

My shower is rubbish. I turn it on before I get undressed and take a piss, it takes that long to get the temperature right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Every weekday morning, I miss one now and again if I'm running late. I never shower on a Sunday unless I've somewhere to go as my Sundays are usually spent lounging around the house in boxer shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Every morning. If I exercise twice in the day (sometimes I do a bit extra in the evening) then I'll have a quick rinse after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

20 Minutes Or Over?
    Every 2nd day usually, sometimes 3 days if I push it.
    Longest I've gone without showering is 2 weeks, wasn't nice tbh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I try to shower every day. After work usually though, in the morning I want sleeps more than cleanliness.

If we get water charges though, I'll probably just have a weekly bath, and have a rota system who in my house gets to use the water first, like the old days. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

3, 4 maybe 5 times a week.
    I don't feel one is necessary every day consider I'm very lazy and don't do much other than go on boards :P

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Fitseeker

Every morning without fail, a 2nd time after gym 3-4 times a week and occasionally a 3rd time if I'm going out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ruralyoke

Between 10 And 15 Minutes?
    Every morning, guaranteed.

However, any more often than that is too much - except in the case of gym/very dirty work etc
    Otherwise, more than once a day can't be good for your skin. Biologically, dermatologically I'd guess that even once a day is overdoing it but I have to personally, just to feel normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

I have extensions that take ages to dry so I try leave my hair to wash every second day. I woukd exercise daily so I would have a body shower every morning. The odd time that I havent exercised the night before I might leave the body shower. But I would then shower after the gym straight after work.

Seems horrific saying it out loud but I don't think it makes much of a difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,265 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

About 15 Minutes?
    Flincher wrote: »
    Because they didn't stink the day before,

And they didn't stink the day after either.

You pay too much attention.

And nobody goes from zero to stinky-as-hell in 24 hours, unless they do something very strenuous or kinky (in which case, yes, I agree with you).

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

I'm actually shocked by these results. I've always been every second day. I don't know many people who shower every day and those that do are all women.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

siobhanoh wrote: »
    I have extensions that take ages to dry so I try leave my hair to wash every second day.
    I try and shower daily (unless I'm knackered after work and can't be arsed) but definitely wouldn't wash my hair every day. Waaaay too much hassle. :pac:

Karsini wrote: »
    I don't know many people who shower every day

I don't know anyone who doesn't - seriously, not one.

So there you go!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

2 rubbish threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

5 Minutes?
    Sindri wrote: »
    On Derek Mooney last week they were talking about the length of time which one showered for and some people it appears only shower for 2 minutes. I don't think you'd be clean after 2 minutes and effectively IMO you'd be wetting yourself but not washing yourself.

I usually shower for more than 10 minutes, which supposedly wastes more than 150 litres.

But afterwards I'm actually clean.

So how long do you shower for?

jeez Sindri, you must be a big fella if it takes you that long to run a bar of soap over your body a few times ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

30 Minutes Or Over?
    25 minutes. Minimum. Baths can last three hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,298 ✭✭✭✭looksee

5 Minutes?
    KeithM89 wrote: »

Ah! I was just wondering was I losing it because the thread went peculiar as I was half way through it. Suddenly there was a poll - where did that come from?

So that's ok. Every day btw, feel manky if I don't have a shower in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

This is one of those things I think people lie about, tbh. God forbid their unidentifiable Internet aliases get a rep for having poor personal hygiene, after all! :p

I remember covering a story for an old show I did about a survey that revealed teenagers today took a 'shower in a can' option (i.e. deodorant instead of an actual shower) on average of four times a week IIRC. That's a bit mank for me.

Realistically, I always intend to shower every day. However, the way things are working out lately, I have to take about one duvet day a week where I won't even get dressed (judge me all you like: two jobs and a bunch of hobbies make the downtime necessary to survive! :D). About once a month, I'd have a bath on these days. And then there's usually one day a week where I'll be running late for work and have to skip one. If I've a heavy gig schedule some weeks and am trying to play catch-up with sleep, make that two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

By a rubbish mod! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

cocoshovel wrote: »
    By a rubbish mod! :cool:

Ouch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Between 15 And 20 Minutes?
    about 10-15 mins usually! 5 mins if im in a hurry!

have recently gotten into the habit of having a bath a couple of times a week, far more relaxing! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Ouch.

Im sorry :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Between 15 And 20 Minutes?
    tend to favour a relaxed evening shower then have a lie in the next day, clothes, breakfast and off to work

anyone else do the same?

Nope. I've thought a lot about this. I can see the attraction/advantages of an evening shower but never going there for a few reasons - not least sexual.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

About 10 Minutes?
    what the hell are people doing in the shower for 40 minutes????
    unless they have a partner in there with them there is no need for it
    I shave in the shower once a week and that might push my routine up by 5 minutes to 10-12 minutes and that is overkill I feel
    I know women have to take longer on their hair so max should be 15 minutes, no?

Skerries wrote: »
    what the hell are people doing in the shower for 40 minutes????

Simply enjoying it?

I'd probably do it if I could get away with it - cost/time/wife nagging...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

30 Minutes Or Over?
    Ruralyoke wrote: »
    Simply enjoying it?

I'd probably do it if I could get away with it - cost/time/wife nagging...

Divorce her and go back to being bf & gf. Or complain about her using the hairdryer or somesuch. 40 min showers are a nessecity imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

dd972 wrote: »
    tend to favour a relaxed evening shower then have a lie in the next day, clothes, breakfast and off to work

anyone else do the same?
    Yeah I usually have a shower before I go to bed at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

5 Minutes?
    Often enough once a day, may shower second time in the day depending if I were going out or something or after raining outside. Though don't agree with having more than one shower in the day unless it necessary. Not good for the skin dries it out a lot so one shower a day is enough for me. Rank if not showering often enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

and the reason the poll is public is?

Advertisement