Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Long Do You Shower For?/How often?

Options
  • 11-05-2012 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭

On Derek Mooney last week they were talking about the length of time which one showered for and some people it appears only shower for 2 minutes. I don't think you'd be clean after 2 minutes and effectively IMO you'd be wetting yourself but not washing yourself.

I usually shower for more than 10 minutes, which supposedly wastes more than 150 litres.

But afterwards I'm actually clean.

So how long do you shower for?

How Long Do You Shower For? 517 votes

Under 2 Minutes?
    0%
    About 2 Minutes?
    0%
    Aye BosunWhiteRussian 2 votes
    Between 2 And 5 Minutes?
    1%
    ShoulderChiptippspurirelandroverScrambled eggupandcummingPalytoxinchristmas2012 7 votes
    5 Minutes?
    11%
    Sir Digby Chicken CaesarchakotharubadubtuxyExplosive_CornflakeHesh's Umpirerain onLia_liaNTCGileadiWibbsdanniemcqGusherINGEnrightdavetheravedmncopaceticCorkfeenollaettaphill106 59 votes
    Between 5 And 10 Minutes?
    8%
    TwoShedsJacksonDempseyomahaidHelixJoe10000Bluefoam[Deleted User]xzantihomerjay2005sdanseofrashRVD420Vainfrisbeefaceneil_hosey[Deleted User]Zonda999Eve_Dublinallgirlzstupidusername 46 votes
    About 10 Minutes?
    26%
    neuro-praxisTouchingVirusRabiesFighting IrishSkerriesGillojebuz[Deleted User]R0otchillywillyRichieCdoriansmithsinkTristramBlackpittsRavage1616IompairShrykeSteakMr. K 139 votes
    Between 10 And 15 Minutes?
    15%
    Simientropitony 2 tonebulletsStarkcournioniShamoThetaDravokivichMickeroodr gonzobedrock#1mawkSolairbikoSomnuslord lucanJelloLuckyLloydEGAR 82 votes
    About 15 Minutes?
    12%
    FunkfieldKingp35Shinyziedthshortys94LorraineLBodhidharmasmashPrincess Consuela BananahammockScumLordash23trooneyJaybeeCaptain ChaosShane-KornSpace[Deleted User]Emoranrobz18Jen Pigs Flyherisson 66 votes
    Between 15 And 20 Minutes?
    7%
    HorsefumblerGoolayBeerWolfyurmothrintitesSeachmallGran HermanoKeith186highlydebasedgroovie[Deleted User]rainbowtroutcallaway92Crann na BeathaAfterDuskWashington IrvingLeeg17DryCleanOnlyfilmbuffboyHalo KittyIHeartChemistry 37 votes
    20 Minutes Or Over?
    7%
    PlugchopperbyrneXylophonicVegetaKev.gubbiemrsdewinterchin_grinTurnip2000[Deleted User][Rasta]LizTJaxxyThe Big Red Buttonderfderfjudgefudgebfocusddominiquecruzshrewdnessmark17j 39 votes
    30 Minutes Or Over?
    5%
    Kintarō HattoriLilMrsDahamstaBorat_SagdiyevPlayGirlsugarmanDoubleDMr BenevolentJustAddWaterKenno90hairyprincessNamlubMr Simpsoncoco_loladyersarah88mackgrxan90Browning2010bc dubcabbage kid 30 votes
    40 Minutes or Over?
    1%
    [Deleted User]katharinewheelMichellenmanRHJdillo2k10_Godot_previous usera fat guyJess16BsBox 10 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

About 10 Minutes?
    10 mins max then the water goes cold i need an electric shower installed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

5 Minutes?
    a song length.

whatever song is on the radio/phone at the time i'm usually out before it finishes.

Unless its echos or freebird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

About 15 Minutes?
    10-20 mins depending on how much of a hurry I'm in. The guy that installed the shower told me that more than 10 mins use at a time will burn out the motor. I didn't believe him but then the first motor only lasted 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

20 Minutes Or Over?
    Until I burn and scratch the **** out of my eczema. Mmmm absolute heaven. Then I actually start washing.

So.....up to twenty minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

About 15 Minutes?
    I've been told that when the water charges come in i will be limited to 5 mins, it takes me that long to wash me hair!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

20 minutes.

18 minutes thinking about random shit.
    2 minutes cleaning.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Not one to time myself, it'll be about 10 minutes though and that includes washing my hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

About 10 minutes. Hair needs to be shampooed, then shampooed again, then add conditioner, then exfoliate skin, shave legs and armpits, then moisturizing body wash, rinse out conditioner and somewhere amongst all that I have to badly sing a cr*ppy song very very loudly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

Seachmall wrote: »
    20 minutes.

18 minutes thinking about random shit.
    2 minutes cleaning.

Close enough,

2 minutes cleaning,

13 minutes enjoying the lovely warm water,

5 minutes plucking up the courage to turn the shower off, and face the freeeeezing cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

About 10 Minutes?
    10 mins max unless it's a shower after football on a freezing cold night, then it'll be longer as I use the hot water to 'thaw' myself out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

30 Minutes Or Over?
    Until I get bored- I'm living in (incredibly overpriced) college accommodation, so I figure I might as well get value for my money!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

20 Minutes Or Over?
    However long it takes for the hot water to run out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Coal1978

About 25 mins at night to wash my hair etc and 15 in the morning to freshen up, I have to shower twice a day because I work in a hospital, and it's filthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

About 10 Minutes?
    Long enough for me to take a piss, a shit, beat off and vomit.

20 Minutes Or Over?
    Long enough for me to take a piss, a shit, beat off and vomit.

You do realise what a shower is for don't you? You're using it for the complete opposite reason it was designed for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

5 Minutes?
    Between 2 and 5. Have feck all hair on my head, so that doesnt take long to wash! Bit of showergel all over the body, rinse away and done!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

on work days 5 - 7 minutes - that gets my hair washed also.

on weekends a little more, time to exfoliate, pamper, treatments, etc.

Sometimes I envy people with no hair - they are in and out in a couple of minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

About 10 Minutes?
    If I'm in a hurry 2-3 mins. If I'm not in a hurry 10 mins max.
    If I have aches and pains however long it takes for the hot water to run out :D

20 Minutes Or Over?
    If I'm in a hurry 2-3 mins. If I'm not in a hurry 10 mins max.
    If I have aches and pains however long it takes for the hot water to run out :D

You should do the hot/cold therapy. Blast with hot for a few minutes and the same with cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,950 ✭✭✭✭Stark

In before the "American psycho" excerpt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

chin_grin wrote: »
    You should do the hot/cold therapy. Blast with hot for a few minutes and the same with cold.

I used to do this and love it, now I'd rather cut my arms off than turn that cold tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

30 Minutes Or Over?
    Too long according to the missus. I can't say I've ever actually timed myself but I'd say 20 minutes wouldn't be unusual.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

5 Minutes?
    2-5 mins

wash, stop the water and lather up and shampoo, water back on and finish up

how anyone stands in there for 20 mins + is beyond me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

About 10 minutes, but if there is a lot of extra hot water and I have the time I like to space out and lean against the wall staring into oblivion while water falls onto my face.

Water on, wet hair, apply head & shoulders, shower gel body, wash off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

20 mins or so

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

About 10 Minutes?
    5 minutes most days and that includes washing my hair!

If I'm shaving my legs as well or washing off fake tan or doing face mask it would be closer to 10 minutes!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

yeah 2-5 minutes or so. What the f*ck you would be doing for 20 mins is beyond me. I can understand with women to a certain extent what with all their procedures etc, but my brother used to spend half an hour in the shower. Even if he's jacking off that's a long time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

About 10 Minutes?
    5 minutes hot then 1 or 2 mintes cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

About 15 Minutes?
    BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    my brother used to spend half an hour in the shower. Even if he's jacking off that's a long time.

He was probably shaving his balls and ass... now there's a mental image for you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

smash wrote: »
    He was probably shaving his balls and ass... now there's a mental image for you.

No I've had the misfortune to see him naked regularly at the gym, he doesn't appear to do that

Advertisement