Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Long Do You Shower For?/How often?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

5 Minutes?
    Approaching, and over, 20 minutes in there seems like a complete waste tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Between 10 And 15 Minutes?
    c_man wrote: »
    Approaching, and over, 20 minutes in there seems like a complete waste tbh.

It really is. But if people can afford to do that then they will.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Between 2 And 5 Minutes?
    I shower for about 5 mins,its all you need,probably about 2 mins(scrubbing and washing very hastiliy) with all this water charge coming in..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

20 Minutes Or Over?
    I shower for about 5 mins,its all you need,probably about 2 mins(scrubbing and washing very hastiliy) with all this water charge coming in..

I wouldn't advise doing this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Between 5 And 10 Minutes?
    I'm at about 5 minutes I'd say for regular showers, when i've to wash my hair though, it's probably close to 20 minutes. stupid long thick hair :mad: I'm sure my housemate does be cursing me when that happens. but then he leaves the shower running while he's on the toilet before he gets in, so he can fup off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Between 15 And 20 Minutes?
    stupid long thick hair :mad:

Ha, I was thinking about this after getting out of the shower this morning.

It literally takes me less than 30 seconds to wash my hair and less than 5 seconds to dry it.

Just thought I'd boast a little. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Seachmall wrote: »
    Ha, I was thinking about this after getting out of the shower this morning.

It literally takes me less than 30 seconds to wash my hair and less than 5 seconds to dry it.

Just thought I'd boast a little. :pac:

Nice :)

I have been tempted to get it cut short short, but it wouldn't suit me, so nah not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Between 15 And 20 Minutes?
    Nice :)

I have been tempted to get it cut short short, but it wouldn't suit me, so nah not worth it.

Get a buzz cut and some army gear.

Tell people you're just back from 'Nam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

5 Minutes?
    bluewolf wrote: »
    2-5 mins

wash, stop the water and lather up and shampoo, water back on and finish up

how anyone stands in there for 20 mins + is beyond me

:eek::eek::(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

About 10 Minutes?
    5-10 minutes. Usually I get in and stand there for a few minutes while trying to remember what im doing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

About 10 Minutes?
    About 10 minutes, 5 minutes of intense washing followed by 5 more just standing under the water, love it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

Sindri wrote: »
    So how long do you shower for?

I don't.
    Siuin wrote: »
    Until I get bored- I'm living in (incredibly overpriced) college accommodation, so I figure I might as well get value for my money!

I hate people like you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

5 Minutes?
    rain on wrote: »
    :eek::eek::(

no point leaving it running if you're trying to scrub up...

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

Between 10 And 15 Minutes?
    10 minutes. I don't waste time in the shower. I wash the moment I get in and get out the moment I'm rinsed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

About 10 Minutes?
    chin_grin wrote: »
    Until I burn and scratch the **** out of my eczema. Mmmm absolute heaven.

Best feeling ever! Why does it feel so damn good?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

20 minutes if I'm washing my hair, 10 minutes if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

40 Minutes or Over?
    Usually around half an hour, but I clean everything and shave off all of the stubble when showering too. I'm very picky about my stubble too, so that takes up a lot of the time. Not to mention that it keeps bleeding because I've recently shaved off my old beard.

If I didn't shave in there, I'd probably just be ten minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

About 10 Minutes?
    10 minutes does me ...

/ shower scene theme from Psycho plays in background :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

30 Minutes Or Over?
    2-5 mins

wash, stop the water and lather up and shampoo, water back on and finish up

how anyone stands in there for 20 mins + is beyond me

Because it's really refreshing and enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Bambii_

30 Minutes Or Over?
    20 mins, sometimes longer. I like my showers (:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Dr.Strange

5 Minutes?
    I've cut my shower time down to about 3-5 mins recently, ever since I noticed just how much electricity the shower uses once it on! :eek:

Seriously, look at the little wheel on the meter spinning around like a mad thing once an electric shower is in use, besides 3-5 minutes is enough time unless you are at yourself in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

30 Minutes Or Over?
    20 mins would be a conservative guess. I just love standing there. It's so relaxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

5 Minutes?
    But so cold and nasty when you could be luxuriating in the lovely hot water :( I just turn around so that the shower is running on my back when I'm washing my front, and vice versa.

I loooove my shower, I have an ensuite with a massive shower and about a million different shower gels, I usually only shower for about five minutes at a time but I shower twice a day most days, once in the morning, more for waking-up purposes than anything else, and once in the evening after training. When I have to wash my massive amounts of hair it takes ages though - shampoo, rinse, shampoo again, rinse, towel dry hair, put on conditioner, wash, shave legs, rinse out conditioner, wash conditioner off my back, rinse everything for good measure .. I'm sure my housemates are glad I have an ensuite too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

5 Minutes?
    youd be surprised how much better cold showers feel than hot showers
    first week or so is pretty painful but once you get used to the idea that hot water wont be coming out of it, there's no shock and it's just blissfull cool water refreshing you and waking you right up

plus with cold showers when you get out of the shower the air temperature is actually warmer than the water so I can walk around the place bollock naked and not even be slightly cold.

but then he leaves the shower running while he's on the toilet before he gets in, so he can fup off.

Doesn't everyone do this?

Shower on, take a p*ss and then hop in when its nice and warm!

I would spend around 5mins normally, sometimes might spend 10mins or so on a weekend if Im in no rush.

Had a house mate before who would spend 20mins plus in the shower every morning, very very annoying with 3 other people waiting to use it.

But it will not maintain the temp and also the steam keeps you warm, you can also half stand under the water when washing your hair to keep out of the cold.

Things would be dire altogether if it got to the point where turning off the water mid shower even entered my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

5 Minutes?
    But it will not maintain the temp and also the steam keeps you warm, you can also half stand under the water when washing your hair to keep out of the cold.

Things would be dire altogether if it got to the point where turning off the water mid shower even entered my head.

I guess living with water rationing in spain had its effects on me :D

just seems like a waste if I'm not using it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

About 10 Minutes?
    how long does the op stand under a golden shower for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

30 Minutes Or Over?
    Depends on fluid consumption.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

About 15 Minutes?
    Depends if I'm by myself or not rrraaaawwrrr.

Usually by myself though :(

Probably 10-15 minutes cause I like to shampoo twice and I have a lot of things to shave.

Advertisement