Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

nummnutts wrote: »
    How was I supposed to know the glass in the windows was grenade proof? :p

Was on the Mumble for that.
    Class act altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

What I want to know is if they can get past wire barricades.

Yup. Four or us trapped in a warehouse last night. Wire fencing blocked all but one entrance. It is obviously a bug, but 20/30 formed an orderly line as they walked 'through' it trying to get to us.

Having said that, they can also walk through walls and closed doors. Hopefully it'll be fixed in a future patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

So i just finished my first play through. Logged on and was running along the coast and seen in chat Flyingirishman asking for help at firestation in Cherno. No bothers i think to myself as i run there with my makarov. First time in Cherno and i get lost. So im sneaking and crawling and absolutely terrified whenever i hear gunshots or see another player. I end up in the grocery store where i score a winchester, map, compass, watch, loads of ammo and meds and i suddenly feel invincible.

Reports of bandits around the corner at church so i think to myself i'll go over there and sort those fellas out. Get there and all i find are dead bodies. I suddenly have an alice pack though, with every nice thing you can get in the game also. Score says i and i turn around to stroll out of Cherno and get to a safe forest. (Had already seen that the rest of the boards guys were dead).

Taking a route through a house and scavenging more stuff i suddenly hear a firefight around the house and footsteps with loud breathing. I retreat to the top of a dead end stairs and wait for it to pass. The gunfire subsides and i'm still waiting when suddenly a guy comes around the corner and spots me and freezes. My first instinct was shoot but i just didn't have it in me to murder. :( Guy was alright though, he rewarded me letting him live with an AK. :D

I leave the house and try to leave Cherno. Just as i think i'm clear I turn a corner on the outskirts of the city and BAM zombie in my face. Scared the crap outta me. Hadn't killed any before that. So i panic and shoot him with the winchester but suddenly every zombie within a 10 block radius comes after me. I run back into the city for some reason and remember that house with the dead end stairs, only one way up...

I manage to get there ahead of zombies and have time to turn around. But theres no more zombies following me... Odd i thought. So i hit the reload button for my winchester and holy **** zombies just teleported in front of me and up the stairs. Didn't even have time to pull the trigger before they killed me. :(

So a bug got me in the end but i don't mind, it was some of the most tense and enjoyable gameplay i've ever had in my life. I'll be playing this for some time to come. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Just pimping our temporary Boards Dayz group in case you missed it a few pages back

Updated with current steam/IGN and mumble info

Lots of handy guides for new people and all your questions answered :)

Very nice, i just logged back in and the hourglass was ticking down still. It took 5 minutes but when it ended i just got back up with loads of blood still left and all my items still on me. Score. :)

So i got out of cherno and now i have no idea what to do seeing as i am on my own and seem to have pretty nice gear. Without the scavenging for items ideas are running short!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Gaunty wrote: »
    Very nice, i just logged back in and the hourglass was ticking down still. It took 5 minutes but when it ended i just got back up with loads of blood still left and all my items still on me. Score. :)

So i got out of cherno and now i have no idea what to do seeing as i am on my own and seem to have pretty nice gear. Without the scavenging for items ideas are running short!

I saw you on UK7 now, I'm about to join that if you want to team up.
    I'm near Cherno.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll be on in about 20-30 minutes, and will try to join the same server. I'll be...wherever new characters start (probably near Cherno). You both on Mumble?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I'm not on Mumble right now, I can go on at any time though.

I sadly gotta go to work now just when things were starting to get interesting. :( If anyone is still playing when im back on later i'll team up. :)

I saw you on UK7 now, I'm about to join that if you want to team up.
    I'm near Cherno.

Will join ya later if your a nightowl haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

Come here lads I've been getting a ****ty enough framerate,below 20fps in the biggest city, and yet Battlefield 3 runs much better on my system.

I've been monitoring usage, and Arma / DayZ only uses:

40% GPU max
    60% CPU max
    300-400MB VRAM

1GB of RAM max

It's like it's failing to use all the power available.

Any ideas why it isn't using more power?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

waveform wrote: »
    Come here lads I've been getting a ****ty enough framerate,below 20fps in the biggest city, and yet Battlefield 3 runs much better on my system.

40% GPU max
    60% CPU max
    300-400MB VRAM

1GB of RAM max

Ive been wondering this myself as well. Dropping graphics settings isn't helping so its not graphics card limited as far as i could tell. I read somewhere it was cpu intensive, but it's not maxing that out either.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

40% GPU max
    60% CPU max
    300-400MB VRAM

1GB of RAM max

Ive been wondering this myself as well. Dropping graphics settings isn't helping so its not graphics card limited as far as i could tell. I read somewhere it was cpu intensive, but it's not maxing that out either.

Arma uses disk and CPU more than video/ram, defrag often.

You have to tell it to use 2 or more cores tho.

Suggest turning off Post Processing as its poorly implemented @ocktoblur is a mod that if your into post processing does a way better job. But i suggest turning if off altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I'm on US13 now just outside Elektro if anyone is about

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Arma uses disk and CPU more than video/ram, defrag often.

You have to tell it to use 2 or more cores tho.

Suggest turning off Post Processing as its poorly implemented @ocktoblur is a mod that if your into post processing does a way better job. But i suggest turning if off altogether.

Defragged, and have post processing disabled already as it looks crap imo.

How do you force Arma to use more cores?

Cheers.

Defragged, and have post processing disabled already as it looks crap imo.

How do you force Arma to use more cores?

Cheers.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Startup_Parameters

as you know i use a launcher and it does it for me :p

If look at the bottom tab on the launcher there is an option for 4 cores and maxmem and xp mode.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/arma2.jpg

Arma is a stunning game when cranked up but it does have its issues. I have 6870,i5,8gb and it runs fairly well on near maxish settings.

Dayz forces a viewdistance so whatever setting you have is irrelvant and same for foliage, the server has set that you must have it enabled.

I'm on US13 now just outside Elektro if anyone is about

Try to get on UK4. A few of is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Was on US5 there for aaaages with one of the lads. Got a huge haul between us, gonna come back tomorrow and see how we go further on.

blaa85 wrote: »
    Make sure ya put the bit in at the end where ya just left us all to die :pac:
    I HAD 8 BULLETS AND I COULDNT SEE A THING
    Asmodean wrote: »
    I have never experienced such heartbreak in a game as when we got to that church and couldn't get inside!
    Part 1 of today's adventure. Fraps was blacking out on me for a bit but it eventually sorted itself out.

Part 2 will be up for tomorrow evening.

Ok, going to try US6 now, as UK4 is dark.

Actually, Virginia 06.

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056643332

Found a decent server host 55 a month, vote there ^^^

The second, more terrifying and disastrous half of the adventure is being rendered atm. The thunder and lightning thats rings out as I run from 5 zombies with no ammo still scares me.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Fawkon

6 of us on mumble on the same server if any boards lads wanna jump in

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

i'm trying to get mumble to work where do i enter in the server info ??
    I cant find the server name

Squidwert wrote: »

In favourites add this, server name must be exact for some reason.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/mumble.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Click on add new and you should get adialogue box where you input the server info etc.

just reinstalling it could not find how to edit a server just could add one

just reinstalling it could not find how to edit a server just could add one

Add one and type the above into it, password shooter.

Turn on Positional Audio too, its awesome :D

Having a Blond moment lol mite be a bit lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

You probably saw me on the mumble server, was just checking out. I don't use a mic but listening to the chat would handy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement