Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

So... anybody want to log on now? I'm in cherno but I just want to go anywhere else really.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll be on later, but i'm going to make my way towards one of the airfields. It's a new character though, so my puny makarov won't help me much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Yeah but then you have the problem of Zombie dogs (which actually been mentioned).
    I still have nightmares about them from Resident Evil!

Be like 12.
    Playing Resi 1.
    Dogs jump in through window. (the first time)
    NOPE.jpg
    Turn off console.
    Never play again.

I'm getting really lucky lately, have managed to keep all my stuff and spawn in the correct location since Tuesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Had an almighty game there. Met up and formed a group of 6 which dimished over an hour into just three or four until i eventually died.

Gonna have to split it into four videos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Had an almighty game there. Met up and formed a group of 6 which dimished over an hour into just three or four until i eventually died.

Gonna have to split it into four videos.

Make sure ya put the bit in at the end where ya just left us all to die :pac:

blaa85 wrote: »
    Make sure ya put the bit in at the end where ya just left us all to die :pac:
    I HAD 8 BULLETS AND I COULDNT SEE A THING

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

Finally got it working last night but i could only get in to one of the uk servers. Running in the dark ain't fun(lol a zombie frightened the life out of me and i woke up the wife up) so i'll try get on with you fellas later if yea's are around. Jasus it's really pushing my GTX470 to run this in 3D.

omg... after surviving for two days, having lots of good stuff, I went to change my options because the gamma was still up high after last night, and accidentally clicked respawn instead of options.. they really should have "are you sure" pop up before that...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

omg... after surviving for two days, having lots of good stuff, I went to change my options because the gamma was still up high after last night, and accidentally clicked respawn instead of options.. they really should have "are you sure" pop up before that...

I did that last night aswell !!!!
    EpRYQ.gif
    table-flip.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

LOL it was more like this :D
    tumblr_lqp90cFu6B1qmge2z.gif

:D
    Sever restarted just there and when I rejoined I had all my stuff back!
    When I did it In just headdesked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I HAD 8 BULLETS AND I COULDNT SEE A THING

I have never experienced such heartbreak in a game as when we got to that church and couldn't get inside!

Decent map for when you don't have an ingame one:
    http://avidblur.com/arma2/nolegend.html

Legend: http://avidblur.com/arma2/temporary_legend.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm actually going to head for the ruined castle at Zub (north of Cherno) and try to steal some stuff again, then from there start making my way north. Never been very far up that side of the map, and will hopefully take me away from most of the bandits.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

After Flyingirishman got his stuff back, i said meet up with me and cherrycola at the firestation.

Grand he says. Oh ****, i've got 2 zombies after me he says.

Eventually, he arrives.

Here's the aftermath, pics don't do it justice.

205374.jpg

205375.jpg

205376.jpg

And it continued up the tower.

205377.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

After Flyingirishman got his stuff back, i said meet up with me and cherrycola at the firestation.

Grand he says. Oh ****, i've got 2 zombies after me he says.

Eventually, he arrives.

Here's the aftermath, pics don't do it justice.

Me and yitsack made a "Last Stand " at the top of that tower, uploading to youtube tonight.

Interesting usage of a smoke grenade......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

The firestation was epic! I was fumbling around trying to get a grenade I had put in my bag but the lag on the server caused it not to go in!

Think I have my mic sorted for mumble now so will try and get back on later. Just died so will have to start fresh again.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Kiith wrote: »
    **** sake...fell 5 feet, broke my legs and i died. Superb.
    Heh. Tried to "hop" over a car. Broke my legs. Seriously, wtf :/

=-=

Died 5 times so far. Four by zombies, once shot by someone else. Whomever shot me got nothing. No food, no bullets, no bandages, nothing :P

If you're near the beach, and zombies chase you, shoot once or twice, and get lots after you. Run to the tip, and swim to another tip, and keep running. The zeds should stay at the first tip, but some of them can swim. Have gotten away from a 15 zed horde by doing this.

I'm crawling along on my belly through a zombie infested village currently. Great fun. Have crept past "army" zeds that were guarding some sort of wooden hut (could climb the ladder, but not enter the hut :mad:) in a forest, I'm currently trying to arm up so that I can kill zombies for the craic.

Has anyone found out if zeds can open doors? If not, it may help me pick them off through the window if I ever get s gun :P

The firestation was epic! I was fumbling around trying to get a grenade I had put in my bag but the lag on the server caused it not to go in!

Think I have my mic sorted for mumble now so will try and get back on later. Just died so will have to start fresh again.

I'll be starting fresh as well so no bother

Edit: i'm meant to be heading out tonight so will catch yas tomorro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

the_syco wrote: »
    Has anyone found out if zeds can open doors? If not, it may help me pick them off through the window if I ever get s gun :P

They can use door and ladders, just takes them a while.

What I want to know is if they can get past wire barricades.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Nope, I don't think so.

Jesus christ whitecross, I thought what was following us was a crowd....

We should all start feckin' recording these with Fraps!

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm actually going to head for the ruined castle at Zub (north of Cherno) and try to steal some stuff again, then from there start making my way north. Never been very far up that side of the map, and will hopefully take me away from most of the bandits.

Ill do the same, i'm currently just west of Cherno beside the main road, but don't fancy going back in alone.

If you get there, let us know. And if i'm too far away you can move on and ill follow.

I think getting everyone to meet at Zub would be great.

The tower was fun alright, I caused it.. was trying to sneak past a huge horde of zombies to get to the tower station, went around a corner, two of them were right there, they saw me instantly, so instead of shooting them, I stood up and ran, attracting 30+ more zombies, ran to the fire station, attracting loads more on the way there, then Whitecross started taking them out from the tower with an AK, attracting loads more on the road in front of the fire station, and then I climbed to the roof of the tower letting Whitecross and Cherry Cola take care of everything. Then some random guy walked in and started shooting them all :P

Then I attempted to climb another ladder, fell and died.

I'm up for heading up north to the castle too if ye want more help. I'm currently in Balota, which is about a 5min walk from Cherno.

They can use door and ladders, just takes them a while.

Oh for **** sake. I found out they can apparently swim today too. This game will kill me slowly.

The tower was fun alright, I caused it.. was trying to sneak past a huge horde of zombies to get to the tower station, went around a corner, two of them were right there, they saw me instantly, so instead of shooting them, I stood up and ran, attracting 30+ more zombies, ran to the fire station, attracting loads more on the way there, then Whitecross started taking them out from the tower with an AK, attracting loads more on the road in front of the fire station, and then I climbed to the roof of the tower letting Whitecross and Cherry Cola take care of everything. Then some random guy walked in and started shooting them all :P

Then I attempted to climb another ladder, fell and died.

I'm up for heading up north to the castle too if ye want more help. I'm currently in Balota, which is about a 5min walk from Cherno.

My most enduring image is going to the room at the bottom of the stairs and seeing CherryCola crawl out of the mass of bodies on his stomach. Like a boss. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Me and yitsack made a "Last Stand " at the top of that tower, uploading to youtube tonight.

Interesting usage of a smoke grenade......

How was I supposed to know the glass in the windows was grenade proof? :p

Oh for **** sake. I found out they can apparently swim today too. This game will kill me slowly.

I dont think all of them can swim though? Read somewhere that only certain ones can.

Also, so many of the Zs look like Jamie from Mythbusters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c638kVO-XPk&t=4m58s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Zombies can get past barbed wire :(

Zombies can swim very slowly once out of water they will keep chasing you :(

Zombies can climb ladders, open doors and teleport tru walls :(

Zombies can hit your tru walls :(

Zombies can do the conga :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement