Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

AislingBo wrote: »
    accept, wait till round 2 to see what happens. if you dont accept, and dont get med in round 2 youll be screwed!

Thanks, well I was thinking of repeating.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭AislingBo

Thanks, well I was thinking of repeating.

fair play! if your lc was alright but your hpat brought you down you could just repeat that and do hh&d for a year? or go through ucas?

fair play! if your lc was alright but your hpat brought you down you could just repeat that and do hh&d for a year? or go through ucas?

It was in the 500s but not enough. i got this through HEAR you see. So id have to do GEM with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I got offered human health and disease! I am so confused what to do? :(

You have about 10 days to decide before first round offers end so don't rush your decision!

It was in the 500s but not enough. i got this through HEAR you see. So id have to do GEM with this.

ah right...and how would you feel about repeating? whatever you do, think it through a LOT..dont burn yourself out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 lauren mc causland

i qualified for HEAR too, was nearly positive it would be enough to take me through :/ but maybe its not over yet

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

fewtins wrote: »
    Yeah 749 is above 748 :p
    Jeez, your maths are improving, fewtins! :p

ah right...and how would you feel about repeating? whatever you do, think it through a LOT..dont burn yourself out!

I think I should have done better but I worked to the limit this year though. can i improve? that's the question! I have a meeting with my guidance at 11am so i will see how it goes. :) thanks

I think I should have done better but I worked to the limit this year though. can i improve? that's the question! I have a meeting with my guidance at 11am so i will see how it goes. :) thanks

Good luck anyway...I hope you get it in the end!!! You could always get some papers rechecked, that might help! Hope it works out!

Good luck anyway...I hope you get it in the end!!! You could always get some papers rechecked, that might help! Hope it works out!

Thanks! you too! you get med? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Hermione Granger

Slightly in shock . . . not complaining though :)

Thanks! you too! you get med? :)

yeah I got UCD :)

Slightly in shock . . . not complaining though :)

where ya heading?

yeah I got UCD :)

Oh wow. well done!! :D x

Oh wow. well done!! :D x

Thanks a mill :D x

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

NUIG <3 So happy right now I could (and probably will) cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Hermione Granger

where ya heading?

NUIG !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Jeez, your maths are improving, fewtins! :p

Thanks, it took me ages cause I didn't have enough fingers :)

NUIG !

brill! enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭comeclosa

No freak event occurred and I *AM* going into Trinity! Delighted!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Bittersweet Disaster

UCC first choice <3 Good luck to everyone still waiting, I've my fingers crossed for ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ChnirpyDerp

Well done to everyone here, no matter if ya got in or not! To be honest I think we'll all be fine in the end, the fact that we aim for such high standards pretty much guarantees success :) . Anyone else got Trinners? I was pretty confident I'd get in (unless the points jumped exactly 37 instead of 2 :D) but its still a big relief!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cant Trust The System

I got Galway but missed Cork by random selection. Does anyone know if there are usually many or any 2nd round offers for medicine? I'm not being a snob or anything, it's just that Cork would work out a lot cheaper for me :/

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AverageGirl

Got UCC :D so so so so so so happy I'm in shock!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Fert94

NUIG, happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mocker2012

NUIG, today is a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 34583457

Anybody considering not doing pre-med?

34583457 wrote: »
    Anybody considering not doing pre-med?
    Most definitely! I did all three sciences just so I don't have to do it, seems like just another extra year and god knows how long Medicine is :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 34583457

Most definitely! I did all three sciences just so I don't have to do it, seems like just another extra year and god knows how long Medicine is :eek:

Yeah that's how I feel too (although I only have two sciences) but in Galway anyways it seems like everybody does it. I guess I'm just kind of nervous because 1. first med counts as 10% of your degree and 2. everybody will already have made friends.

• Advertisement

34583457 wrote: »
    Yeah that's how I feel too (although I only have two sciences) but in Galway anyways it seems like everybody does it. I guess I'm just kind of nervous because 1. first med counts as 10% of your degree and 2. everybody will already have made friends.
    Hmm yeah I totally get how ya feel, but what about making friends who also skipped pre-med, its not like you're just plonked in a year late is it? You simply finish earlier with others who skipped 1st year too? Seems like you'll make plenty of friends :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement