Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2013*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Ah, there's no point hiding it.

TCD is accurate, RCSI is 2 points lower than predicted, UCD is 1 point higher and NUIG is bang on. UCC, you'll find out shortly i'd imagine.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjdswhIupxjadEZYV2E5S25HeXp5MU91bHM4bDR1b1E#gid=1

In other words

TCD 748
    UCD 747
    RCSI 742
    NUIG 739
    UCC ???
    Tentative congratulations to anyone above those scores!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 582 ✭✭✭sleepyheadh

tentative? are your sources not 100%?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

tentative? are your sources not 100%?

Those are correct, don't worry. :)

Hope everyone gets a place! I've got my #1 so I'm over the moon! :D

any sources to cite omega? sorry but i just cant allow myself to be drawn in with false claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I'm almost 100% confident in them enough that i've already congratulated some people I know applying for med but I don't want to go out and say that i'm completely confident because I didn't actually see them for myself.

They follow the trend, are near enough to my estimations (which are usually accurate) and I trust the source.

• Advertisement

ok cool, i do apologies for acting a little untrusting, but you have to understand i am a little tense. i really appreciated the survey you guys put together, hope to see it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hangover14

For everyone accepted to TCD med:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/590067244360709/

Congrats1

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Cork is also 742, there's the lot. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jamieflood

GRAD MED fell by soo much oh my god 57 for RCSI how crazy its at a record low , lucky people who did gamsat this year . is it possible to defer if you get a place in grad med >??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

So the points rises from last year:

TCD up 2, UCD up 2, NUIG up 3, RCSI up 2, UCC up 4.

In subsequent rounds there could be another point off one or two colleges, so looks like the scores are finally starting to level off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 jamieflood

does any1 have all the cao points post it up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

I'm shocked Dentistry went DOWN.

I'm applying for it next year and I do A levels.

2A*'s/2A's get me 595 points, difference between one A* is +/- 15 points, so its important both Cork and TCD don't go above 595 as it would mean I need 3A*'s next year.

But I'm happy enough with that, Cork was even 580 which is 1A*/3A's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

jamieflood wrote: »
    does any1 have all the cao points post it up

I think

TCD - 748
    UCD - 747#
    RCSI - 742
    UCC - 740#
    NUIG - 739

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭comeclosa

Okay, just gonna check with you guys... 749 will definitely get me into TCD, right? There won't be any like.. major dramatic slip up where I log onto my CAO in exactly..35 minutes, and see RCSI written there?

comeclosa wrote: »
    Okay, just gonna check with you guys... 749 will definitely get me into TCD, right? There won't be any like.. major dramatic slip up where I log onto my CAO in exactly..35 minutes, and see RCSI written there?

Yeah 749 is above 748 :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

You have the points, as long as you have the requirements you'll get the offer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭comeclosa

fewtins wrote: »
    Yeah 749 is above 748 :p

Your 6000th post was in reply to me, awh, I feel privileged.
    I had such a divine-intervention moment with the 749 to be quite honest.
    I added up all my hpat section scores individually, only got 185... The rounding must've brought me up to 186 and subsequently, 749. Like, who could've thought!

Your 6000th post was in reply to me, awh, I feel privileged.
    I had such a divine-intervention moment with the 749 to be quite honest.
    I added up all my hpat section scores individually, only got 185... The rounding must've brought me up to 186 and subsequently, 749. Like, who could've thought!

Nice one :) I'll see you there btw! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AilbheQ

On 748 and hoping for Trinity... Please God!!!

AilbheQ wrote: »
    On 748 and hoping for Trinity... Please God!!!

Oh my, you poor thing :P Best of luck! At least you'll get med somewhere though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭waiting4

Missed out on random selection, heres to second round offers!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 KildareKing

I got 739 and the cut off for nuig is 739 however i still didnt get a place, do you think I will get a place in the second round?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭waiting4

I got 739 and the cut off for nuig is 739 however i still didnt get a place, do you think I will get a place in the second round?

Exact same boat

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭AislingBo

Hopefully! It'll be up to people who go abroad I'd say. Good luck! Random selection is probably the most unfair part of this whole thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lauren mc causland

do you think is there much chance of 2nd round offers? like, if not all people on certain points where offered a place, then there mustnt be any places left so is there any point in me clinging on to last bit of hope?? :( absolutely heartbroken to be honest !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

I got offered human health and disease! I am so confused what to do? :(

do you think is there much chance of 2nd round offers? like, if not all people on certain points where offered a place, then there mustnt be any places left so is there any point in me clinging on to last bit of hope?? :( absolutely heartbroken to be honest !

definitely have hope! remember, some people will go to the UK or other places instead, and on 2nd round some people who got Galway might get UCC or one of the others. You never know what will happen! Fingers crossed, and if youre religious, pray hard! I hope it works out for you!

I got offered human health and disease! I am so confused what to do? :(

accept, wait till round 2 to see what happens. if you dont accept, and dont get med in round 2 youll be screwed!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lauren mc causland

AislingBo wrote: »
    definitely have hope! remember, some people will go to the UK or other places instead, and on 2nd round some people who got Galway might get UCC or one of the others. You never know what will happen! Fingers crossed, and if youre religious, pray hard! I hope it works out for you!

this house is a fire hazard with all the candles lit ! aw hey thanks, i hope round 2 brings better news :)

• Advertisement

this house is a fire hazard with all the candles lit ! aw hey thanks, i hope round 2 brings better news :)

aw ill be praying for ya too!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement