Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walker WP645TS-HD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Just to clarify, with this box watch terrestial or satellite when recording one or the other? I thought that having two separate tuners would have no problem with this or does changing over turn off the other system and cancel recording?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Digital Satellite TV

Just to clarify, with this box watch terrestial or satellite when recording one or the other? I thought that having two separate tuners would have no problem with this or does changing over turn off the other system and cancel recording?

At the moment anyway, it doesn't matter. You have to watch what you are recording. Terr/Sat - makes no difference. OK for when out and about I suppose. Maybe update for this in medium term according to our sources but at moment only saoview approved combo that does this is triax tsc114. Changing over channels is not possible without being offered choice to quit recording as far as I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭dubber

Any news on the 7-day EPG patch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 harrington_cit

took delivery of my Walker WP645TS-HD from PowerCity today. €135 delivered to my door. great service from them, got confirmation phone call within 60 seconds of placing my order and it arrived by courier the following mornng. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Simply TV

took delivery of my Walker WP645TS-HD from PowerCity today. €135 delivered to my door. great service from them, got confirmation phone call within 60 seconds of placing my order and it arrived by courier the following mornng. :D

Enjoy the box, Great product really. The BBC red button works on this box as does the bbc text...great if you are a motogp or F1 fan like me...
    it will really come into it's own for the olympics..
    that was a really good price for the walker box.:)

• Advertisement

Does the volume on the STB remote work if you're using HDMI?

dubber wrote: »
    Does the volume on the STB remote work if you're using HDMI?

The Volume control on the walker remote is for controlling the audio output from the Walker box no matter how the box is connected to the TV either by Scart or HDMI. I advise that you set the TV volume with the original tv remote about midway and then use the walker remote to control the volume thus minimising the amout of controls you need, making it a little simpler.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kb2007

Hi All
    New to Boards.ie and bought Walker WP645TS-HD after keeping an eye on threads for last 6 months to replace old Sky+ box. Happy with box, but need some advice on an irritating aspect of the box.

When I put my new Panasonic Viera 37" on standby + leave Walker turned on (not standby) and odd thing happens when I turn the TV back on. The sound does not return and there is a pinky purple 'sheen' over the pictures on screen. The only way to address this is to plug out the HDMI connection on the tv, plug it in again and all returns to normal. The Firmware is the new version 2.3.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

kb2007 wrote: »
    Hi All
    New to Boards.ie and bought Walker WP645TS-HD after keeping an eye on threads for last 6 months to replace old Sky+ box. Happy with box, but need some advice on an irritating aspect of the box.

When I put my new Panasonic Viera 37" on standby + leave Walker turned on (not standby) and odd thing happens when I turn the TV back on. The sound does not return and there is a pinky purple 'sheen' over the pictures on screen. The only way to address this is to plug out the HDMI connection on the tv, plug it in again and all returns to normal. The Firmware is the new version 2.3.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

I would suggest disconnecting the hdmi cable altogether and connecting the box to the tv with a scart cable for few days and monitoring the situation. I think it might be a compatibility issue with the HDCP setting on the walker box and Panasonic or pioneer tv's that I've seen so far. If the issue is exclusively hdmi related then there is a HDCP setting on the walker box that you can disable.

Will do re scart and report back in a couple of days.

If anyone knows how to access optional video streams on BBC red button on this box (first preset option is ok, but can't scroll to 2, 3, 4...), advice on that welcome too! It may not be possible.

• Advertisement

Simply TV wrote: »
    I would suggest disconnecting the hdmi cable altogether and connecting the box to the tv with a scart cable for few days and monitoring the situation. I think it might be a compatibility issue with the HDCP setting on the walker box and Panasonic or pioneer tv's that I've seen so far. If the issue is exclusively hdmi related then there is a HDCP setting on the walker box that you can disable.

Hi simply tv. Made changes as you suggest above with scart. No problems with scart.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭zg3409

OK if it works with Scart but not HDMI (I have a similar problem with a Sky box) then the problem might be handshaking between the two.

Reconnect the HDMI lead. Next time it happens try powering up one device before the other. For example power on the TV first, then the sat box, then try it the other way around.

While it is doing it next time, leave the HDMI still connected but also connect the scart and switch the TV to scart mode. Can you then see an error on the receiver?

By the way these problems are very common. It is called HDCP handshaking.

Hi simply tv. Made changes as you suggest above with scart. No problems with scart.

Depending on which version firmware you have on the box the following is slightly different.
    press menu then go to setup and then configuration and then output settings
    there you will either see and option to enable/disable HDCP or there is HDMI resolution which you should change to probably a lower to stop the HDMI problem.
    Failing that, there has been instances where you would need to contact the TV manufacturer and get an update for the firmware on the TV (examples has been some of the newer philips tv's or old Pioneer TV's)
    Try that out and see what happens
    Cheers
    Anthony

• Registered Users Posts: 1 heavey555

Just got the box running. It's all good apart from the sport multiscreen menu on bbc. As below, when you are on the menu and press to go to a screen, (1,2,3....), it just goes to the actual channel 1,2,3 etc.

Anybody know if there will be a solution to this? Will be a much needed function with the olympics!

Will do re scart and report back in a couple of days.

If anyone knows how to access optional video streams on BBC red button on this box (first preset option is ok, but can't scroll to 2, 3, 4...), advice on that welcome too! It may not be possible.

Following all advice on issue with sat box on and turning tv from standby to on, with resultant pink screen and no sound, update as follows:

1) tried new fancy expensive hdmi cable. No improvement
    2) checked firmware on tv and sat box. Both up to date
    3) lowering hdmi quality. Reduced. No improvement
    4) settings. Changed all possible related settings on box and tv. No improvement

I have notified tvtrade.ie who I bought box off and they offered to take box back if the above changes didn't work. Will probably return and see if newer box works. They noted that they have seen this issue before, but not with a walker box! Thanks everyone for your advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mack daddy

hi all, the bbc red button is slow on mine, when i go to use sports multi screen it says please wait and doesn load, any ideas i have the channels saved on stream but would be nice on red button, also cant seem to tune in the food network or any of the cbs channels, iv got cbs drama but not the others, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I'm thinking of getting one of these. Does anyone here know how it compares to the Triax TSC114 in terms of user interface, build quality, etc.? I take it there's no patch for full sat EPG on the Triax?

Also what's the "analogue audio out"? 3.5mm stereo jack? I can't see any clear pictures of it. I'm hoping it will output some analogue audio while using HDMI for video as I would be using it with a PC monitor (with no speakers). I take it the SCART output still operates while HDMI is in use?

Does anyone have a vid of the 7-day sat EPG patch in action?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'm thinking of getting one of these. Does anyone here know how it compares to the Triax TSC114 in terms of user interface, build quality, etc.? I take it there's no patch for full sat EPG on the Triax?

Also what's the "analogue audio out"? 3.5mm stereo jack? I can't see any clear pictures of it. I'm hoping it will output some analogue audio while using HDMI for video as I would be using it with a PC monitor (with no speakers). I take it the SCART output still operates while HDMI is in use?
    The UI is OK on the Walker, I think the text is much more legible than with the Triax whose text is far too small. The downside, when patch is installed, is that it's added as a third option when pressiing OPT button (you've to press OPT to cycle between Terrestrial, Satellite and "SatFree" options). It'd be nice that the Satellite option would be dropped if no channels are tuned in that mode. Redbutton seems a bit hit and miss, and for me at least, it's hardcoded for London region.

There is no patch that I'm aware of that gives 7 day EPG or Freesat channel numbering for Triax.

Analogue audio out, I'm near sure is red/white phono/cinch outputs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Crabby_Hermit

The WP645TS-HD can't record from terrestrial while watching satellite and vice versa. Will this be fixed with firmware updates, or can this be fixed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

byte wrote: »
    Analogue audio out, I'm near sure is red/white phono/cinch outputs.

That'd be great if it is, but the diagram in the manual made it look like one socket which is what confused me.

byte

That'd be great if it is, but the diagram in the manual made it look like one socket which is what confused me.
    Hmm, I'll take a look at work tomorrow, as both are there. You'd get analog audio from Scart alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

byte wrote: »
    The downside, when patch is installed, is that it's added as a third option when pressiing OPT button (you've to press OPT to cycle between Terrestrial, Satellite and "SatFree" options). It'd be nice that the Satellite option would be dropped if no channels are tuned in that mode. Redbutton seems a bit hit and miss, and for me at least, it's hardcoded for London region.

Is this patch in the public domain ?

I would be interested in having a look at it. Also byte any chance of a few screen shots.

On Satellite can you not just turn on the SAT Free option as default. You refer to it as a Third option.

I understand why the red button would be mapped to a specific stream. When the channels change frequency this facility will stop working.

Its something that is mimicing the freesat feel so it will require ongoing support otherwise it will just stop working altogether eventually as changes are made on 28.2.

byte

STB wrote: »
    Is this patch in the public domain ?

I would be interested in having a look at it. Also byte any chance of a few screen shots.

On Satellite can you not just turn on the SAT Free option as default. You refer to it as a Third option.

I understand why the red button would be mapped to a specific stream. When the channels change frequency this facility will stop working.

Its something that is mimicing the freesat feel so it will require ongoing support otherwise it will just stop working altogether eventually as changes are made on 28.2.
    Patch isn't in the public domain, though I got my hands on it to test it out.

If I've time tomorrow I'll try organise a few screenshots.

Unlike other combi boxes which combine the channels of DTT and Sat, this box has all seperate, using OPT button to cycle between Sat and DTT.

However, once the SatFree patch is installed, it adds a further 3rd option to cycle through. So if, for example you're on DTT and want SatFee, you press OPT which takes you to Sat, then press OPT again to take you to SatFree. There doesn't seem to be any option to remove the Sat hop altogether.

I've noticed too that ITV1HD works for a few seconds, then the video drops, leaving audio.

Byte . Use the itv hd 10936 i think it is . That fixes the itv it problem.

any chance you could send me that patch please byte?, i also have the ivt hd issue any ideas on how to solve it, other frequencys dont woyk, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Apesma

I've just bought one of these boxes and, on first impressions, I'm fairly happy with it.

However, it seems to allow only one Favourite list to be saved. This seems a little strange as the cheapo Lidl box I used up to now allowed a number of lists eg Favourites, News, Movies, Music etc.

There's a way to choose Genres in the EPG but this doesn't seem to have any effect.

Am I missing something here?

any updates on the itv hd problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Apesma

I'm having problems connecting a new WP645TS-HD to a LG Flatron M228WDP TV using a HDMI cable. Everything seems to work fine on Scart but when I switch to HDMI on the LG I first get a blank screen, then after a few seconds a blue screen then after a further few seconds the channel comes through perfectly for about 2 seconds and then blue screen again. Perfect channel will return for about 2 seconds every so often. Same thing happens whether I am on terrestrial or satellite.

I noted kb2007's HDMI problem above. Based on replies to him I've tried a few things.

I need to borrow another HDMI cable so I haven't tried switching the HDMI cable yet.

I can't seem to find any info or downloads on this TV on the LG site.

Changing the HDMI resolution on the Walker box has no apparent effect on the problem.

I note that Simply TV suggested that it is possible to turn off HDCP on the Walker box. Is this possible with Firmware V2.3 (to which I've upgraded from a memory stick)?

Any advice would be appreciated.

• Advertisement

Yes you can with 2.3 switch off hdcp. It sounds like a symptom of the hdcp conflict you are having. Go to menu, configuration and switch off hdcp.

Advertisement