Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

RoverJames wrote: »

James, it must be a wee bit too early, you lost me there. W? S?

Rhymes with plank and light.... Love a good light!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Midnight also had this theory about washer fluid. He wouldn't spray it unless the car was going under a certain speed as he though it would flow better the more stable the water was in the tank!

ShadowHearth - W = fiddling with one's private parts, S = bowel movement :D

Corkie - you talk about being breadwinners because you get up early, those of us who are off today and tomorrow have done enough work throughout the week to justify these days off :P

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEMMY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Done!!! Off home! Off tomorrow and Monday now. Some long 6 day week... I will be sleeping like a baby
    On drugs tomorrow. Sex? Feck off woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Lads lets not talk about members who cannot defend themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I sent me mother to halfords today, to get a set of audio keys.... I hope she gets the right ones. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

I sent me mother to halfords today, to get a set of audio keys.... I hope she gets the right ones. :eek:

removal keys are some price in halfords, around €15 for most sets. insanity for what they are... worth a fiver tops imo. or in most cases you can use a few micro screwdrivers or allen keys or a coathanger to do the job for free.

andyseadog wrote: »
    removal keys are some price in halfords, around €15 for most sets. insanity for what they are... worth a fiver tops imo. or in most cases you can use a few micro screwdrivers or allen keys or a coathanger to do the job for free.

Oh, but you dont realise how mean I am with money. I tried the allen keys, coat hanger, screwdrivers, pens, pencils and I even cut a carrot up to the shape to try that. Nothing worked.

Oh, but you dont realise how mean I am with money.............. Nothing worked.

Ebay :)

RoverJames wrote: »
    Ebay :)

Ebay, for some reason I dont like ebay. Im not going into it. :pac:

what car are you removing it from?

• Advertisement

what car are you removing it from?

Mk2 fiat punto.

Edit: Sporting model.

that the one in the top of the dash? is it just a standard blaupunkt with the two holes either side? you could definitely get that out with 4 slim nails (the metal type not the finger type :P )

that the one in the top of the dash? is it just a standard blaupunkt with the two holes either side? you could definitely get that out with 4 slim nails (the metal type not the finger type :P )

Its the CD changer, its below the radio. But its a blaupunkt, with the two holes on either side. the metal type? Thank god, im after cutting my finger nails. :)

or if its anything like the blaupunkt in a mk1 punto, if you have small-ish hand you can literally get down into the fotwell, stick your hand up behind the stereo and give it a good push out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

or if its anything like the blaupunkt in a mk1 cunto, if you have small-ish hand you can literally get down into the fotwell, stick your hand up behind the stereo and give it a good push out :pac:

This works but doesn't it also make the metal frame come out with the CD player? Doesn't matter in the slightest though, once it's out it can easily be put back in again.

or if its anything like the blaupunkt in a mk1 ****o if you have small-ish hand you can literally get down into the fotwell, stick your hand up behind the stereo and give it a good push out :pac:

I have micky mouse hands, so thats no good.

or if its anything like the blaupunkt in a mk1 <snip>o, if you have small-ish hand you can literally get down into the fotwell, stick your hand up behind the stereo and give it a good push out :pac:

I have micky mouse hands, so thats no good.

So you're closed to any form of suggestion / assistance then. Stuns me that people pay those halfords rates.

.... especially so called tight bastads :pac:

MugMugs wrote: »
    So you're closed to any form of suggestion / assistance then. Stuns me that people pay those halfords rates.

Well, I tried everything I can think of, I just dont want to be waisting peoples time. I hate paying 15 euro for a bit of metal. But Like I said, I dont want to waste anyones time.

Well, I tried everything I can think of, I just dont want to be waisting peoples time. I hate paying 15 euro for a bit of metal. But Like I said, I dont want to waste anyones time.

Fair enough :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Anyone watching the GP2 today?
    Some of these lads have a death wish, I swear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Its the CD changer, its below the radio. But its a blaupunkt, with the two holes on either side. the metal type? Thank god, im after cutting my finger nails. :)

car-radio-pullers%20-%201.jpg

About a euro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Some poor driving in GP2 today, some silly moves that were never going to work.

You have to wonder some times, how do these lads come to be top class F1 drivers?
    I know they're on a learning curve but my god.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Fairly hungover today so I went for a stroll around rathmines this morning and went car spotting. Saw an E46 M3, an S600 :eek: couple of porsches and a few Range Rovers.. Im now vegetating on the couch in Kilkenny watching Chris Harris videos, hes the best thing since sliced bread

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_210981_langId_-1_categoryId_212460

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_218869_langId_-1_categoryId_212460

Ohhh the extortion :pac:

Actually, on that topic, anyone know where you'd get a good set of them?

And also, anyone know of any good/cheap/value for money small diagnostic readers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Actually, on that topic, anyone know where you'd get a good set of them?

And also, anyone know of any good/cheap/value for money small diagnostic readers?

What about the bluetooth ones that work with the torque app.. You will get one for under fifty quid..

cant really compare a set of pins that remove one kind of opel/ vaux stereo to the two prong universal blaupunkt ones can you. :pac:

unrelated :

picked up my lowering springs this evening, fitting in the morning, cant wait :D

• Advertisement

Halfords wouldnt sell my mother them keys for the sterio. WTF?

I also pulled out behind a herse, I then realised there was a coffin in it and the family of the corps was behind me. :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement