Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,898 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I want a 67 Impala! :(
    Aside from the fact that when I say the name of it, it gives me a Boston accent, there is nothing about that car I like.
    Jemmy wrote: »
    Getting a spin in an old skool mini
    I thought you were going back to the dirty days with that post :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I want a 67 Impala! :(
    donk-vette1.jpg

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Quazzie wrote: »
    Aside from the fact that when I say the name of it, it gives me a Boston accent, there is nothing about that car I like.

I love it, the shape and the noise!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Quazzie wrote: »

I thought you were going back to the dirty days with that post :P

Gotta admit it wouldn't be top of my list but I wouldn't say no to one either.
    67-chevy-impala_69742.jpg

Chevrolet_impala_67er.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I've said it before recently that this has been happening to me too. I could understand if I was dogging the car the day before then was on a motorway and the range went up but this is happening on the same daily route. Also fuel gauge rises slightly. Baffled by it TBH!

Do you guys actually trust what the on board comp says for mikes remaining/? Mine varies quite a bit, but I've yet to run the car with the low fuel warning on anyway! Like to keep it topped up!

Think I might order some new rear discs and pads for mine, and I'll need to service it soon also. Is it worth putting brembo sports rear discs on? Or just go for bog standard?

Think I might order some new rear discs and pads for mine, and I'll need to service it soon also. Is it worth putting brembo sports rear discs on? Or just go for bog standard?
    For rear I wouldn't bother since the front brakes do the majority of the stopping I'd only change the rear if part of a full brake overhaul.

Do you guys actually trust what the on board comp says for mikes remaining/? Mine varies quite a bit, but I've yet to run the car with the low fuel warning on anyway! Like to keep it topped up!

God no I don't trust it lol. After having an almera that went 1/5th UNDER the empty mark and was still going.... :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Mine is at half a tank right mow, when I was driving into work this morning it was telling me id get another 265 mikes...hahahahahaha not a hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I don't trust mine. I would use it as a very loose guide, and that's all. As soon as the petrol light comes up, I would normally top up then

• Advertisement

Light comes on when I have ~80 miles left (1/8th tank), and I'm ****ed if I'm rushing to a petrol station with that much left :D

35mzbh.jpg

35mzbh.jpg

Well done man!

And me too!:D

Congrats CM!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Well done guys.
    Now you can concentrate on drinkin and chasin wimmen for the summer:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

It seems test passing is on the cards, passed a fitness test today :D

Also found out my steering rack is in need of replacing... :mad: not much more driving left in the ol van anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Not buying a car, just because he did not liked tints sounds really stupid. You just needed to drop price 50eu so he could take it off in some garage. You would see is he just bull****er or for real.

Do you have a Link to your add btw?

Nah, he was for real and extremely fussy. The car pased every test aside from kerb rash and the tints which are factory tints not film so can't come off.

M5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Getting a spin in an oldskool mini, powered by Vtec tomorrow :D:D:D

I saw that at Mosney car show!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

E39MSport wrote: »
    Nah, he was for real and extremely fussy. The car pased every test aside from kerb rash and the tints which are factory tints not film so can't come off.

M5

Those fussy BMW pricks, eh? :D

I know it's one of the cleanest m5 out there, but how is it priced? I am sure I have seen a few quite a bit cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Fiona wrote: »

I've seen it up at C&C in Cherrywood a few times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Just reading an update on this e28 resto. The workmanship is amazing. Just check it out. Complete with original dealer stickers.

P1070126.jpg

http://passionford.com/forum/restorations-rebuilds-and-projects/429345-bmw-e28-restoration-update-21-06-12-paintless-dent-removal-2.html#post5952133

Is that a big dent on the bonnet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Yah but he has a spare one from storage getting painted, along with the sunroof panel. Their pdr guy got 19 dent removed from panels. Read the thread amazing amount of work and attention to detail gone into her. Some of the original mechanics and painters working on her too. :eek:

Aldi are doing their end-of-month clearout (or atleast athlone one is), picked up a handheld wet&dry vac for €19 or so

They also have everything from the rest of the month out, compressors, air tools, car related stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Fiona wrote: »

The yellow one?! I'm actually really looking forward to it :o lol

An oldskool mini is a car I've wanted since I can remember ever being into cars (apparently they weren't a suitable first car according to my dad!
    :rolleyes:), wanted to work on it as a project & restore one. I know after this I'll get some very bad expensive ideas! :P

Track car or vtec mini...hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Those fussy BMW pricks, eh? :D

I know it's one of the cleanest m5 out there, but how is it priced? I am sure I have seen a few quite a bit cheaper.

Priced at 11,950. Higher end but one of the very best ones out there by all accounts. Plus I dropped 3k+ on it for tyres and proper service after a 10k purchase.

Will let it go for 11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

discovering the joy of the "Runway" tyres :) i thought the ****e chinese tyres thing was mainly an overexaggeration but my ****.

i've been away for a bit so today was only my second or third time to drive the glanza in properly heavy rain. 40km/h in 3rd gear, put your foot to the floor and the wheels lose grip. taking a sweeping curve on a coutry lane at around 50km/h and feel the car losing grip. epically ****e tyres.

they should call them "runaways" or something fitting like that :D.

I always think they get their names from braking performance tbh

Trianges - stop you like triangles
    Westlake - where you'll end up when you try to stop
    Runways - how long a distance you need to actually stop

etc :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

I always think they get their names from braking performance tbh

Trianges - stop you like triangles
    Westlake - where you'll end up when you try to stop
    Runways - how long a distance you need to actually stop

etc :D

its actually un-nerving to think that people have these fitted to their cars and are unaware of how cack they are. will be eyeing up some premium brand part worns a.s.a.p. its all my budget can stretch to at the mo! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

The yellow one?! I'm actually really looking forward to it :o lol

An oldskool mini is a car I've wanted since I can remember ever being into cars (apparently they weren't a suitable first car according to my dad!
    :rolleyes:), wanted to work on it as a project & restore one. I know after this I'll get some very bad expensive ideas! :P

Track car or vtec mini...hmmmm

I had one as my first car.....great fun;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement