Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,407 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yep, motor factors will have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

motorfactors or most halfords have them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

RoverJames wrote: »
    Local motor factors should have them in stock.

Ya I suppose, I hate to show my face in my local motors factors. After them telling me they had no work for me. :(

Ah don't be daft, that's not a personal thing. It's good to keep up face in the local MF too, if they know you're a regular they may start to sort you out the odd time. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

CianRyan wrote: »
    Ah don't be daft, that's not a personal thing. It's good to keep up face in the local MF too, if they know you're a regular they may start to sort you out the odd time. :)

Im just one of "them people"

I went for a job in the local motorfactors about 2 year ago. Didnt get it but have been getting trade prices in it ever since!

• Advertisement

sean1141 wrote: »
    I went for a job in the local motorfactors about 2 year ago. Didnt get it but have been getting trade prices in it ever since!

An iterview and that jazz? I went in a ask for abit of work, Iexplained part time work would be good. The boss said they wouldnt have anything until March. :rolleyes: She said that she will keep my C.V. on file, but I dont expect her to remember me in march, unless she has an extramly good memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Well off to work i go pretending the daysul like tick over of my Skoda Octavia is the engine burble of a Focus ST, pretending is fun !

An iterview and that jazz? I went in a ask for abit of work, Iexplained part time work would be good. The boss said they wouldnt have anything until March. :rolleyes: She said that she will keep my C.V. on file, but I dont expect her to remember me in march, unless she has an extramly good memory.

So obviously, you bring in another C.V. mid April. :)

Id be gone Awall by then if I dont have a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Well off to work i go pretending the daysul like tick over of my Skoda Octavia is the engine burble of a Focus ST, pretending is fun !

Easy solution.

http://www.latestbuy.com.au/sound-racer-fm-transmitter.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I was dealing with motor all morning alright...

I had to do all lawn.... **** it sideways... I need one of those tractor yokes. Anyone know if there are second hand ones, which are good?
    It's not the biggest yard, but it's really too big for a little push yoke!

or keep poping in to get a few small bits so they wont forget you and know you have no hard feelings towards them;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

andyseadog wrote: »
    Going to go drop the glanza now and if i'm finished early then go to the TOC-IRL meet at the midway in Portlaoise. well worth a trip if anyone is in the area i'd say.

Aw yeah you'd go to that but you wouldn't go to a boards motors meet :rolleyes:

or keep poping in to get a few small bits so they wont forget you and know you have no hard feelings towards them;)

Ya I do need small bits alright.

Paired with a fake BOV.

Around 25:35 before they start on it.

I was dealing with motor all morning alright...

I had to do all lawn.... **** it sideways... I need one of those tractor yokes. Anyone know if there are second hand ones, which are good?
    It's not the biggest yard, but it's really too big for a little push yoke!

I got a westwood ride on/tractor mower for 275 earlier in the year 12hp briggs & straton engine, 36 inch cut. Perfect condition only no collection bag.

I got a westwood ride on/tractor mower for 275 earlier in the year 12hp briggs & straton engine, 36 inch cut. Perfect condition only no collection bag.

Old cut grass is supposed to fertilize the lawn and make it thicker and greener ;)

We have a Craftsman 12hp with a B&S engine. It's great except for the fact that it's an auto and it keeps jumping out of gear when I take off. It mightn't help that I'm half the time trying to do "burnouts" on the lawn and stones :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The second I start to wash the car it starts lashing rain:mad:

Did manage to get the wheels done, but still:mad:

Car's filthy!

I dont care about the cuttings being left behind, as you say its good for the grass, sur its basicly a fertilizer but some people would not like seeing them on the lawn. I cut it regulary so you would hardly see them! Its also a lot better at cutting the grass if its wet or damp compared to the push mower we have.

The second I start to wash the car it starts lashing rain:mad:

Did manage to get the wheels done, but still:mad:

Car's filthy!

Wash it anyway man, you won't have to worry about the shampoo drying into the paint and you won't have to dry it afterwards ;)
    I dont care about the cuttings being left behind, as you say its good for the grass, sur its basicly a fertilizer but some people would not like seeing them on the lawn. I cut it regulary so you would hardly see them! Its also a lot better at cutting the grass if its wet or damp compared to the push mower we have.

The collection tunnel in ours usually clogs up when you cut wet or damp grass. I can't get it high enough to get underneath where the blades are to clean all the crap out. This is causing most of the clogging as the grass is catching here and that's where the clog starts.

• Advertisement

feck i got wheelie bin just for that grass to collect! so i cut grass with push bastard, then fill up bin, take it in to fields to empty it, then back again for another round. today wasnt so bad, only 3 full bins, but few weeks ago when it was pissing rain and i could not cut the grass i did 7 wheelie bin... i thought i will die out there!

so what brands of these tractors are decentish so?

The collection tunnel in ours usually clogs up when you cut wet or damp grass. I can't get it high enough to get underneath where the blades are to clean all the crap out. This is causing most of the clogging as the grass is catching here and that's where the clog starts.

The best thing about the one I have is there is no collection tunnel, it just blows it out behind! They used brushes to pick up the grass but these are well gone off mine

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

feck i got willy bin just for that grass to collect!...

A what bin!?!?!

:p:p

A what bin!?!?!

lol wheelie bin. feck off i am tired! :D

A what bin!?!?!

Good lord, a bin full of mickies!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Good lord, a bin full of mickies!! :eek:

Or an amazingly endearing nickname for the other half... :pac:

dar83 wrote: »
    Or an amazingly endearing nickname for the other half... :pac:

:D LOL :D

She must be a right hoor!

Car washed, polished and waxed.

I think i need so e autoglym hd wax, where would i get it? Cheaper the better!

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Car washed, polished and waxed.

I think i need so e autoglym hd wax, where would i get it? Cheaper the better!

Halfrauds stock it, its a woeful price if your not getting it 2 for 1. Its €60

In saying that my cousin is on the same tub of it since around 2006 and its still going strong!

I just washed the car, half tempted to get the DA at it but im just not arsed ha

• Advertisement

conzymaher wrote: »
    half tempted to get the DA at it but im just not arsed ha

I'll have it back so, I could make great use of it right now :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement