Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Leaving Cert in the morning :eek:

Wish me luck! :o

Best of luck :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Good luck Norman! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Hey lads new to the motor forum.

Was wondering if anybody has any ideas on how to upgrade the interior on a Ford Focus Saloon.

Very interested in car gadgets etc. and have been trying to improve the setup in the car with a phone holder, new mats etc. and just general keeping it clean.

Would love any ideas or gadgets ye'd recommend to make the car look better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Hey Paulie, I'd get a leather interior from a tdci sport focus or a 50/50 st interior for a 5 door. They always pop up on ebay, the only problem is getting a company cheap enough to ship it. Take a look at links in my sig, particurly ffoc for inspiration. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Thanks for the well wishing lads! :)

English Paper 1 wasn't so bad, even for me. I some slipped an essay about Vietnam in to the titles :pac:. Couldn't find anywhere for an essay on cars :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I thought English was going to kill me in the leaving, ended up getting B1! :pac:
    You can see now, the exams are nothing like what you'd expect. As long as you keep calm and stay on top of your study you'll do great. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

CianRyan wrote: »
    I thought English was going to kill me in the leaving, ended up getting B1! :pac:
    You can see now, the exams are nothing like what you'd expect. As long as you keep calm and stay on top of your study you'll do great. :)

Stay on top of my study you say........:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

CianRyan wrote: »

Even if you don't and you by some chance do screw up your leaving there's so many options after secondary school to get yourself properly educated that the leaving cert doesn't even really matter, it just takes a year or two longer in some cases. There's far too much pressure put on students during the leaving over a short period of time for no real reason in my opinion.

Hal1 wrote: »
    Hey Paulie, I'd get a leather interior from a tdci sport focus or a 50/50 st interior for a 5 door. They always pop up on ebay, the only problem is getting a company cheap enough to ship it. Take a look at links in my sig, particurly ffoc for inspiration. :)

Cheers man appreciate it.

I'd love to have it looking nice from the outside but it's a light blue saloon and just doesn't look great and wouldn't even if modified imo so just try to keep it looking clean the whole time - I like the look of the seats - they easy to fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Is it a MkI focus saloon?

• Advertisement

It's very straight forward. Some of these seats are heated, have airbags and have an electric height adjustment, you just need to check they'll fit the multiplug.

No it's this one:

20760-ford-focus-3747.jpg

Ah they won't fit those as the seat base isn't the same. A new sony HU would look good, and CF wrap all the sliver bits:
    312749_10150770126990179_506305178_20544000_3445576_n-1.jpg

This:
    426080_10151312302420179_506305178_23112593_336107322_n.jpg

Have you got footwell lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

lads, quick one...

is it normal to have no service history on a 06 car... he does not have a single paper receipt. he says he is mechanic and got car since it was 79k kms. there still should be service history up till then atleast? :confused:

its irish car too, not some import etc. does that sounds normal? i know i would not ask a service history on 10++ years car, but 6 years car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

lads, quick one...

is it normal to have no service history on a 06 car... he does not have a single paper receipt. he says he is mechanic and got car since it was 79k kms. there still should be service history up till then atleast? :confused:

its irish car too, not some import etc. does that sounds normal? i know i would not ask a service history on 10++ years car, but 6 years car?

No sevice history?

Mate, I would run as far away from that car as I could....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Very normal on a 6 year old car in this country.

It really isn't hard to keep a receipt though - I have had folders full of them on all my cars. Ring a local dealer where it was registered and see if they have ever had it in for any work.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

lads, quick one...

Common enough in this country unfortunately, what's the car out of interest?

Common enough in this country unfortunately, what's the car out of interest?

Haters gonna hate - Astra opc. Its very well priced and not far away from me. I said I will give it a look,. ( wrong color though ).
    Fella said that he is mechanic and has it from 79k kms. Did all the work himself. He mentioned buying it from some dealership, but had no service history at all. ( I don't mind the history while he has it as he did stuff himself, but what about before him?! Just sounds strange )
    He said 2 people already coming to have a look at it, but I won't bother going then as if he will expect us to give him best offer, then. Might aswell drop few more quid and get the one with right color, newer amd less milage. ( that's ofc if I will even like the car )

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

It's a bit odd that a car like that has no service history.When did he buy it?

Hal1 wrote: »
    Ah they won't fit those as the seat base isn't the same. A new sony HU would look good, and CF wrap all the sliver bits:

Have you got footwell lights?

Don't have footwell lights - the only thing I've seen would be bright UV ones and don't think I'd go for it tbh.

That radio is quite nice alright - the radio on the focus is actually quite good sound-wise for a factory radio like!

Would look at new pedals & gearstick, handbrake stuff also....must keep an eye online

• Advertisement

Hate! :P

My car had limited to no service history when I bought it. It just meant that I had to do my own digging and in my case the mileage was low enough (40k km) and the cars history was easily found out as I knew its back story (which checked out completely).

So the lack of one can mean bad things, but it can also mean nothing as sinister as you may think. :)

It's a bit odd that a car like that has no service history.When did he buy it?

He never said when, but he said he did 3 devices on it ( 10k km intervals ), car was used only on weekends.

I can't say it's bad car from what I heard already, but it is really odd. It to have a single receipt...

No sevice history?

Mate, I would run as far away from that car as I could....

well, I personly wouldent buy a car with no service history. But thats just my opinion.....

well, I personly wouldent buy a car with no service history. But thats just my opinion.....

Well, I would not even expect a service history on a 10 year old car, but on a 6 year old car in an age of computers and freaking laser beams it's odd not to have anything.

PaulieC wrote: »
    Don't have footwell lights - the only thing I've seen would be bright UV ones and don't think I'd go for it tbh.

That radio is quite nice alright - the radio on the focus is actually quite good sound-wise for a factory radio like!

Would look at new pedals & gearstick, handbrake stuff also....must keep an eye online

There's loads of MkII Focus stuff available online, most of it for the ST but will suit and be a straight swap for you.

You can get footwell lights in most colours, I have some in Blue for mine, they look slightly tacky but feck it, they're only on when the car is unlocked and the engine is off/door open. I can put up a pic later for you if you like...

Pedals...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/140746912660?item=140746912660&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&cmd=ViewItem&hash=item20c52b7394&vxp=mtr

Not sure you'd want ST branded stuff or not though? :confused:

Well, I would not even expect a service history on a 10 year old car, but on a 6 year old car in an age of computers and freaking laser beams it's odd not to have anything.

Hahaha, Ah I see. :)

dar83 wrote: »
    There's loads of MkII Focus stuff available online, most of it for the ST but will suit and be a straight swap for you.

You can get footwell lights in most colours, I have some in Blue for mine, they look slightly tacky but feck it, they're only on when the car is unlocked and the engine is off/door open. I can put up a pic later for you if you like...

Pedals...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/140746912660?item=140746912660&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&cmd=ViewItem&hash=item20c52b7394&vxp=mtr

Not sure you'd want ST branded stuff or not though? :confused:
    Wouldn't go for branded ST stuff - would feel like a cheat of some sort :pac:

cheers though will give a look for MKII stuff now

Most of the ST stuff you can get won't be "branded" per sé but would be chrome (most of the internal things) or black.

You should also check out for an ST cloth interior, it's a direct swap with your existing seats and a hell of a lot more comfortable. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Radio one interviewing students about English paper one:
    "How did you find Paper one?"

"Yeah it was difficult but I think paper two will be difficulter"

Fast forward 3 months...

"Me fail English? That's unpossible"

• Advertisement

dar83 wrote: »
    Most of the ST stuff you can get won't be "branded" per sé but would be chrome (most of the internal things) or black.

You should also check out for an ST cloth interior, it's a direct swap with your existing seats and a hell of a lot more comfortable. :)
    Nice one cheers man :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement