Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Car got keyed since I washed it yesterday... Fml :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Don't know about polish ones, but Lithuanian reg ones are imposible to sell on witouth going back to Lithuania.
    In Ireland you just change log book and send it out, back in Lithuania - you go to registration office, take car of registration, then put new owner on registration after full check up of vin codes by office etc
    Same here in Bulgaria. No sending off the logbook or anything easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

gollywog wrote: »

Scumbags. I haven't got car keyed, but one slut tried accuse me of doing it, just because the pub she was working was under apartment I lived. She was my best friends ex. She even went to Garda!!!! Good thing One girl knew me and her boyfriend is Garda so she explained I could not have done such thing. I am geek/nerd, not a scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

Today is yet another attempt at giving up for me!

I was going to give them up yesterday but I got annoyed about something so I went and bought some :o:mad:

When this box is finished I am really giving them up (again!) I was doing so well a while ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Fags are cheaper in France, so the more i smoke the more i save, simples:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

€2 a box here. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

€2 a box here. ;)

Jaysus between that and mechanics costing 30 euros a day you are really turning me off..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Jaysus between that and mechanics costing 30 euros a day you are really turning me off..:D

Welcome back Corkie! :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I've been looking at RX8's again for the past few weeks even though I have no intention of buying one. I'm only depressing myself at the thought of having one as a "weekend" car :o

Why would that be depressing?! :D

Best of luck. I found that the best time for me to give up was when I was sick with a cough or sore throat. Yer feelin' like crap for a few days regardless. Stopping smoking in the car was a big thing for me - there was nothing I loved more. I still like one when I've had a vodka or two though :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

jenizzle wrote: »
    Stopping smoking in the car was a big thing for me - there was nothing I loved more. I still like one when I've had a vodka or two though :rolleyes:

Woman after my own heart my two guilty pleasures in the world. Smoking when driving and smoking when drinking vodka.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1YLwGzhyoA&feature=player_detailpage#t=181s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

The thing about quitting smoking is you have to really want to. I know that sounds kinda of obvious, but I gave up about 50 times, because I felt I should. I never really wanted to stop. When my baby was 3 months old I decided it would be pretty cool to actually be alive to see him grow up. That was 4 1/2 years ago and I've been off since. I drink about 3 times a year and I do permit myself a ciggie or two those nights. I can live with that.

Best of luck muppetcheck. You can do it if your heart is in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Why would that be depressing?! :D

DOn't start :mad: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Hi,Does any know what Size Door spearkers are in a 2008 Ford mondeo zetec,i want to change oneof my rear door one thats gone i think..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭shanec1928

any tips on how to get sun cream and the likes off the paint. doesnt help that the car is red:o

shanec1928 wrote: »
    any tips on how to get sun cream and the likes off the paint. doesnt help that the car is red:o

Turtle Wax Safe Cut will get it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

shanec1928 wrote: »

How did you get sun cream on the paintwork?! Trying to make sure it didn't burn?! :pac:

BDJW wrote: »
    How did you get sun cream on the paintwork?! Trying to make sure it didn't burn?! :pac:

His girlfriend is obviously a red head;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

BDJW wrote: »

I'd imagine kids!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

DOn't start :mad: :pac:

You know there's something seriously wrong if the MPS isn't doing enough for ye at the weekends ;)

Heading home tonight:D
    Goodbye clio:)
    Hello alfa:)

Only for the weekend though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭swanie29

Hi Guys,
    Looking for a bit of advice I bought a ford foucus c-max 1.6tcdi in the middle of december and the garage i bought of gave me a three month warranty.

My problem is the other day i was driving home and i caught an awful smell of gas inside the car. I thought nothing of it till i got home thinking it was the car in front of me. When i got home the smell of gas was all around the car. I open the front of the car to see if i could see anything on the engine block. The smell was coming from the left side of the enigne. At first my dad thought there might be a seal gone on the drive shaft then he though it might be the cat contervotor. We sent it to a mechanie yesterday first he said that there a leak in the coolant or a sealed unit and that he was going to take and put it up on a ramp and he get back to me. He got to me four hours later saying the Turbo is on the way out saying that is the reason for the smell of gas. It makes no sense why this would be causing the smell.

My questions are these if the turbo is on the way out and its five months since i bought the car would the garage be obilged to repair it or will i have pay for it myself even thought the car has full service history.

The second question could the mechanie be right in saying that the turbo is on the way out.

And third the mechaine claims that the enigne is a peagout enigne in the ford does this mean i have any leg to stand on with the garage considering i thought i was buying a Ford.

Thanks

You know there's something seriously wrong if the MPS isn't doing enough for ye at the weekends ;)

Oh lord, don't get me wrong, that's not the case at all!! I just miss my 8!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3397148

i found it!

but will the owner answer his phone :(

i would happily give him a good bit more than his asking price if its that fresh in reality if someone has already offered him the full 2200.

Lads I was on here yesterday about my car getting keyed.
    Thankfully its not that deep, you cant really catch your nail on it.
    What ways could i use to fix it?
    Would a buffer and some sort of cutting compound do the trick?
    Im just brainstorming now so any suggestions welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Mazda and Alfa to work on joint 2 seater sports car

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18171654

So MX-5 and Alfa version of "barchetta" (speculating) to share DNA.
    If they need volunteers to check cars pre-release along the Amalfi Coast I'm in!

langdang wrote: »
    Mazda and Alfa to work on joint 2 seater sports car

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18171654

So MX-5 and Alfa version of "barchetta" (speculating) to share DNA.
    If they need volunteers to check cars pre-release along the Amalfi Coast I'm in!

Ill help, if im not too busy like:cool:

It's going to be called a Malfazda :pac:

I'll get me coat....

• Advertisement

So where's this sun we've been promised?! I'm in courtown, the so called sunny south east, and it's as dull as fcuk!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement