Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

BDJW wrote: »
    It's a hell of a lot of money. If you wanted to change all 4, you would be handing over €900ish.....a lot to hand over in one go!!!

Indeed and they're meant to wear pretty quick.

My parents got Potenzas on their '07 C180K and the back ones wore down in only a few months. It's not like they drove it hard, only a few trips up to Dublin and back on the motorway and town driving after that.

I know they shouldn't wear that quick but they were replaced FOC as the tyre place deemed them to be faulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Imo if you dont get the re07 for that car youre nuts. Hands down the best tyre ive driven an Integra on. If only they camein 15 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Mental money for Tyres, I would point blank refuse to pay that kinda money.

Alot to be said for decent tyres but agreed that's crazy money! Admittedly I didn't realise the importance of decent tyres until I stepped up from the lil Punto to something with a bit of power. Last guy had some crap economy tyres on ok in the dry but in the slightest but of wet I used to slide around corners & roundabouts, it was lethal! Put it this way after 2 track days they barely showed any signs of wear :eek:
    Gary ITR wrote: »
    Imo if you dont get the re07 for that car youre nuts. Hands down the best tyre ive driven an Integra on. If only they camein 15 :(

What about Potenza RE11 or Yokohama A022?

On that www.tyrereviews.co.uk site they are suggesting them as another alternative to the re070s

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

what a fecking clown...

this car is changing its price tag from 7500eu to 7950eu few times already. if i am not mistaken one of the boardsies already said that that car is for sale for quite awile...

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3122366

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Just enquired about a 750i in the UK, *gulp*. Anyone fancy a 728i? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

what a fecking clown...

this car is changing its price tag from 7500eu to 7950eu few times already. if i am not mistaken one of the boardsies already said that that car is for sale for quite awile...

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3122366

agl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Just enquired about a 750i in the UK, *gulp*. Anyone fancy a 728i? :p

i'd love it!

i have an itch to change the Jag.

pity the diesels XJ's aren't in my price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

But it's a feckin Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    A couple years ago I got a car shampoo that you can connect the container to a hose and use the trigger to foam the car. No idea where I got it but I had a look in Halfords and asked too but they don't stock it.

Anyone know where I'd get this again?

P.S. it's for a regular hose connection, I don't like power washers.

If its the one I'm thinking of it was flash branded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

i'd love it!

Dafuq?

• Advertisement

i'd love it!

Seems almost ridiculous the amount of time and money i've spent to get it like new and then let it go for nothing. But alas heart over head and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Haha, i knew there would be that kind of reaction.

i'm only saying. i probably won't,.

Shouldn't of said it, never mind, move along :pac:

i'm going out cleaning the interior :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Seems almost ridiculous the amount of time and money i've spent to get it like new and then let it go for nothing. But alas heart over head and all that.

But the 750 has the right engine :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Haha, i knew there would be that kind of reaction.

i'm only saying. i probably won't,.

Shouldn't of said it, never mind, move along :pac:

i'm going out cleaning the interior :P

Yeah i'm thinking of replacing mine too, maybe a polo or something...

lads, is there still a point importing from japan? or all import companies gone and VRT make them 500% overpriced now?

Gary ITR wrote: »
    But the 750 has the right engine :)

Sure does!
    They accepted my offer too just now, but its due to sell on the 30th. Fingers crossed it doesnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Sure does!
    They accepted my offer too just now, but its due to sell on the 30th. Fingers crossed it doesnt.

If it's an E60 I hope it does! :p

E60? I don't get it? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

I'm going to a wedding on thurs/fri/sat.
    Im flying in on wed night, festivities dont start until thurs evening.
    Anyone know where i could get my car polished on thurs afternoon?
    Id be looking for a colour polish and wax.
    I live near birr, and the wedding is in portlaoise, dont mind driving a bit out of the way.
    And finally anyone know how much this would cost?
    Not interested in internal vatet btw, i can do that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

For anyone in the Douglas, City or Lough areas in Cork, I just got petrol in the Great Gas station next to Blackwater motors at 1.58 ish. Diesel is 1.56 I think.

Really cheap.

• Advertisement

Lads, that corsa opc I linked. Now it is back to 7500eu... Can anyone explain such behavor lol?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Lads, that corsa opc I linked. Now it is back to 7500eu... Can anyone explain such behavor lol?

The guy's nuts perhaps?! There's a fair few miles on it too, considering how new it is.

The guy's nuts perhaps?! There's a fair few miles on it too, considering how new it is.

It's for sale for ages too for same price. Kind of optimistic I guess as you can get Astra for same money..,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

lads, is there still a point importing from japan? or all import companies gone and VRT make them 500% overpriced now?

If you are willing to pay for a good car, then yes IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

BDJW wrote: »
    If you are willing to pay for a good car, then yes IMO

This and be aware of where you buy from.
    A lad on DTD was emailing a Japanese auction house and the company president (I think) said there would be problems with exporting from certain areas at the moment because of radiation.

I'll go dig up the post.

Edit: Thead here
    Adam-R wrote: »
    Went to register on J-Cars last week after selling the accord to see what kind of money the Jap cars are being sold for these days, just got the reply and felt it needs to be shared, mad ****

Apologies if this is old news, its the first Ive heard!

Dear Sirs,
    >
    Thank you for your registration.
    We regret to inform you that we will no longer offer our auction agent service due to radioactive contamination issues.
    Recently, thousands of vehicles each month are returned to the auction houses for resell due to radioactive contamination. These vehicles are resold without notice, so the probability of purchasing a contaminated vehicle is rising quickly. West Japan (Osaka/Nagoya) is approx. 500 kilometers from the Fukushima nuclear power plant, so most people believe auction vehicles sold in this region are free from radioactive contamination. However, many vehicles at east Japan auction houses, which are difficult to sell due to radioactive contamination, are transported and sold at west Japan auction houses. Therefore, west Japan is no longer a reliable place to find a safe vehicle. The probability of purchasing a contaminated vehicle is rising quickly even now in west Japan auction houses.
    >
    Sincerely yours,
    Manabu Hirohata
    =========================
    AUTO HOUSE CO., LTD.
    2-15-3 Koizumi, Shunan, Yamaguchi 746-0024 Japan
    T: +81 (0)834 64 2970

:hmmm) :hmmm) :hmmm) :hmmm) :(:(:( :sick) :sick) :sick) :sick) :wallbash)

Right boys & girls, for those that aren't on my facebook I'm posting it here. 4wks time BBQ in wicklow! Good food, beer around a campfire! Can even stick up tents in the garden for those who want to make a night of it but are too far away for taxis! 23rd June?!

Thats shockin nice of you! Hope you have a big driveway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Jemmy wrote: »
    Right boys & girls, for those that aren't on my facebook I'm posting it here. 4wks time BBQ in wicklow! Good food, beer around a campfire! Can even stick up tents in the garden for those who want to make a night of it but are too far away for taxis! 23rd June?!

Are you cooking? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Jemmy wrote: »

Is this the new gaff? Are you trying to get out of the lease or something? :eek:

• Advertisement

Thats shockin nice of you! Hope you have a big driveway!

Ah crap not as big as the last place, ill find room! Well there is a meet anyway that day i think so if ye want to tip over to wicklow make a night if it more than welcome. I've met most of ye that would anyway at meets before!

Anyway offers there those that want a spin over the gap (or boring N11 for others!) then BBQ on the other side!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement