Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

lads, just a random question, which has nothing to do with me. :o

audi s3 mk1? any experience with those things? i know so far its not full time quattro, mainly fwd with rwd kicking in when needed.

*i am desparate

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

lads, just a random question, which has nothing to do with me. :o

audi s3 mk1? any experience with those things? i know so far its not full time quattro, mainly fwd with rwd kicking in when needed.

*i am desparate

Fine car but wouldn't like to be paying the bills when stuff starts going wrong - and it's at that age now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Marcusm wrote: »
    Beautiful view Bubbewrap. I'm sitting on my terrace in London in (what promises to be) 28C looking out over a Vista of poorly planned local authority housing and a flyover past which I can see some nicer sights. We could swap?

A partexchange my way perhaps!? W.H.Y? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

My car made a new friend last night :D

580071_3001982703196_1671185847_1819152_419438404_n.jpg

579944_3001981983178_1671185847_1819150_2051048387_n.jpg

527598_3001981463165_562628643_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Fiona wrote: »
    My car made a new friend last night :D

Whats with the white car's bonnet. Left open ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Tis all the rage, stick a few washers under the hinge, give it that 'I've been in a crash' look

BX 19 wrote: »
    Whats with the white car's bonnet. Left open ?

Yeah he said he liked the look of it plus true to E30 form his engine was prone to overheating.

He had the whole rear of the car stripped as well including the spare wheel from the boot. Wouldn't be my cup of tea but hey each to their own.

Mine is nicer obviously

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Tis all the rage, stick a few washers under the hinge, give it that 'I've been in a crash' look

Looks bloody stupid imo.

Ruins the clean lines of the car.
    Fiona wrote: »
    Yeah he said he liked the look of it plus true to E30 form his engine was prone to overheating.

He had the whole rear of the car stripped as well including the spare wheel from the boot. Wouldn't be my cup of tea but hey each to their own.

Mine is nicer obviously

Prone to overheating? Having a bonnet open at the back is going to do sweet f all for that. Better off doing a clarkson on it and cutting a hole in it:pac: or converting it to a more efficient electric fan setup

And yea, the black is nicer. Proper BMW mean looking

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's easily undone to be fair,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

lol

• Advertisement

Looks bloody stupid imo.

Ruins the clean lines of the car.

Prone to overheating? Having a bonnet open at the back is going to do sweet f all for that. Better off doing a clarkson on it and cutting a hole in it:pac: or converting it to a more efficient electric fan setup

His words not mine don't shoot the messenger.

It's easily undone to be fair,

I'm sure it is.

However, each to their own and all that. I'll reserve the right to have a snigger at your expense though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Tactrix cable arriving tomorrow, Versatune software paid for this evening so should have it downloadable on Friday. Laptop arriving Saturday....it's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum....i'm all out of gum :D

Prone to overheating? Having a bonnet open at the back is going to do sweet f all for that. ............

Dunno about that, Mercedes put vents in the wings of later diesel W124s as they were prone to get a tad hot too iirc. Hot air rises and all that jazz, jacked bonnet may help a tad when the fan is on, somewhere for the hot stuff to escape maybe :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

andyseadog wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3397148

i found it!

but will the owner answer his phone :(

i would happily give him a good bit more than his asking price if its that fresh in reality if someone has already offered him the full 2200.

i found it! and i bought it!

gave a deposit on it at 6pm this evening and i'm picking it up in the morning :D i am over the moon.

this car is perfect, its only done 12,000 miles on Irish roads. and it had a full clutch kit and timing kit fitted when it arrived, along with new front and back pads too.

none of the usual ****e glanza mods either. standard air box, standard exhaust, standard wheels and suspension, standard interior (no ****ty gearstick or extra gauges)

its 100% original!

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

!

The search is over! A great feeling :)

gave a deposit on it at 6pm this evening and i'm picking it up in the morning :D i am over the moon.

this car is perfect, its only done 12,000 miles on Irish roads. and it had a full clutch kit and timing kit fitted when it arrived, along with new front and back pads too.

none of the usual ****e glanza mods either. standard air box, standard exhaust, standard wheels and suspension, standard interior (no ****ty gearstick or extra gauges)

its 100% original!

I was actually going to mention that it looks pretty original. A rare un abused galanza by the looks of it. Good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

thanks lads! can-not believe i found one with not a single mod, and thats exactly how its going to stay, i think an un-modded one will be more of a head turner at this stage.

got a small bit off the price too :) just hope it doesn't rain on my way home and take the finish off it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

thanks lads! can-not believe i found one with not a single mod, and thats exactly how its going to stay, i think an un-modded one will be more of a head turner at this stage.

got a small bit off the price too :) just hope it doesn't rain on my way home and take the finish off it :pac:

Best of luck mate, Tis a nice motor shurely...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Great stuff, man. Delighted you found one in the end. :)
    A sense of hope for the older Jap' stuff out there.

Untouched Jap' classics/future classics are hens teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Fair play man! I really liked how clean it looked. It's a very very rare to see these not scangorised. I am surprised you got it standart for such money thought, really good deal, if there are no hidden faults.
    Now your quest is over and you ca relax! ;)

Nice one Andy! It's always good to see cars staying standard looking and not being messed with. Originality FTW!

Happy motoring :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

I dented my bloody front wing off my uncles gate last night :mad::mad::mad::mad:

pred racer wrote: »
    I dented my bloody front wing off my uncles gate last night :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Pic??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I just need to rant... some stupid bitch was in the wrong lane today at a traffic light, and instead of holding back until the cars in the correct lane had gone before following them, she decided to barge into my lane and almost into the side of me.
    When we stopped at a light further on, I considered getting out and banging on her windown, then decided that was mental and instead looked around my car for something to throw at her car... nothing there, and besides, that's mental too.

But yeah, stupid old **** + my temper = rage-filled morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Shake it off man. Does you no good.

• Company Representative Posts: 91 Verified rep ATWR Eoin

Has anyone here got some interest in doing ATWR this year? Sponsorship packs are going out soon to participants. If there's anyone even half tempted or put off for any reason feel free to throw a few questions up and we will answer them.

The competition to win a place is still running (worth €300+ excluding the use of a new car) and there's also a small one for an Autoglym HD Wax running at the same time. If the weather turns out anything like last year should be a great weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Days over a certain temp should be made illegal to work on! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Jemmy wrote: »
    Days over a certain temp should be made illegal to work on! :(

When I get out of bed, I'll be working outside on some of the cars :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

The few benefits to only working weekends :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement