Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Very very nice otto! She's in great condition from what I can see!

You do need to buy some carbon fibre wrap though and get rid of the horrible "wood" on the dash etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Steering wheel cover is gack

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Bejesus are we now Irish BMW club?!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Bejesus

You're damn good SH but for future reference it's Bejaysus! ;)

In all fairness I don't think I know anyone that's got as good a grasp of the Irish 'lingo' than you! :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Bejesus are we now Irish BMW club?!

Mazda, Mazda, Mazda!

There, happy?! :pac: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Purrrjoooo

That 406 is a great car. c. 600 miles on the clock now since I filled it and it's reading about 1/4 left. Thank you !!

Really comfy and starts on the button.

E39MSport wrote: »
    Purrrjoooo

That 406 is a great car. c. 600 miles on the clock now since I filled it and it's reading about 1/4 left. Thank you !!

Really comfy and starts on the button.

406 is a tank. Not just tank, but it's a flipping TANK!!! I miss my old one now. Most reliable thing I owned ( I can't even say that about my willy ).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

406 with leather is a really nice place to be alright

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    406 with leather is a really nice place to be alright

Forgetting about its more comfortable brother - the Xantia.

I've yet to sit in something more comfortable.

Get yourself into an LS400/30 then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

E39MSport wrote: »
    Get yourself into an LS400/30 then

Been there. Done that.

I'm also throwing in a Merc W140 that wasn't as comfortable.

Im impressed. I'll have to check one out so.

I dunno wtf they did with 406, but it was that comfortable, reliable and great on petrol/diesel. Most underrated car ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

You do need to buy some carbon fibre wrap though and get rid of the horrible "wood" on the dash etc.

it looks savage, and adds a bit of brightness to the dash.

the steering wheel cover has to go though, and upgrade it to navigation.

I must admit that I am very surprised by it. Everything works too. Mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I dunno wtf they did with 406, but it was that comfortable, reliable and great on petrol/diesel. Most underrated car ever.

Is it underrated? I thought it was a very highly regarded car.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Jimdagym wrote: »

Is it underrated? I thought it was a very highly regarded car.

Ah come on, we're in Ireland.
    The country where a 406 owner is a farmer and a 118d owner is someone of shooting taste. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

going to check out another glanza tomorrow evening, hopefully it goes better than last time.

this one is a thousand euro more expensive and an hours drive away so i'm hoping for good things. tested and in black, watch this space :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

BX 19 wrote: »

When I start driving my 406 I'm going to seriously miss... My Alfa momos. My backside has never been more comfy in a long long time. I'd graft them in to fit only I have seats already, the airbag light would be on and it would look stupid... Ah well :(

But the seats ain't bad, really nice place to be alright! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

BX 19 wrote: »

Ill see your xantia and raise you the c5 (and yes i have owned both)
    Also had a td 406, great car, very comfy but behind its citroen brothers.

Ps. I know where there is a 520 like ottostreets( think its a 99) that could be had for buttons.
    It has the usual problem with the box for the speedo/abs etc.

• Advertisement

it looks savage, and adds a bit of brightness to the dash.

OK, gently remove the pipe from your mouth and take off your slippers and try that again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    ronanc15 wrote: »
    Think a snow foam lance is what youre after!

http://www.cleancar.ie/snow-foam-and-lances.html

Thanks but as I said above I don't use a power hose. The one I had was a container that connected to a regular hose at the rear and had a nozzle on the front side for the foam.

Sorry thought the one I posted worked off a normal hose!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Need to get new tyres for the teg soon but don't know what's best to get, anyone any suggestions? I've no clue when it comes to tyres :o

Was thinking of the BRIDGESTONE RE070 POTENZA?

Jemmy wrote: »
    Need to get new tyres for the teg soon but don't know what's best to get, anyone any suggestions? I've no clue when it comes to tyres :o

Was thinking of the BRIDGESTONE RE070 POTENZA?

They are a very expensive tyre and from what others have said here, they're excellent in the dry but a bit dodgy in the wet.

I have Kumho Ecsta on mine and they're excellent in both the dry and wet. €145 each so kind of middle-ground price range.

OSI wrote: »
    The Goodyear Eagle F1s are pretty damn great on the GTI. I'm yet to get the fronts to step out of line, and I push it pretty damn hard at times.

Just looking on camskill, there are so many different grades/types in the Goodyear, well in all of them. :eek: Ha I really haven't a notion :o

Hancooks any good? I've 2 YOKOHAMAs on the front (I think) not even sure what's on the back, bought a set of alloys with part worns on them. Anything was better than the crap that was on it! Dunno how the last owner got around safely with the sh!te he had on it :eek:
    They are a very expensive tyre and from what others have said here, they're excellent in the dry but a bit dodgy in the wet.

I have Kumho Ecsta on mine and they're excellent in both the dry and wet. €145 each so kind of middle-ground price range.

I can get them delivered for 500e give or take, which isn't too bad. I know someone who will stick them on then for 10/15 a tyre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Jemmy wrote: »
    Just looking on camskill, there are so many different grades/types in the Goodyear, well in all of them. :eek: Ha I really haven't a notion :o

Hancooks any good? I've 2 YOKOHAMAs on the front (I think) not even sure what's on the back, bought a set of alloys with part worns on them. Anything was better than the crap that was on it! Dunno how the last owner got around safely with the sh!te he had on it :eek:

I can get them delivered for 500e give or take, which isn't too bad. I know someone who will stick them on then for 10/15 a tyre.

Is that from Camskill? Out of boredom a couple of months back, I had a look at how much it would be to replace the Potenza's on my Civic (they aren't needed just yet) and it was about €220 a corner :eek: They were from bricks and morter places though, I had a quick look online at the time, and they didn't seem much cheaper.
    Toyo Proxies T1R's are good tyres in my experience and more reasonably priced

^ that's why I was of the opinion that they were very expensive. For the RX8 they were about €220 each also - RE040/50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

I had these on the E46 and they are very good. Have Bridgestone Potenza on the E30 and no issues with them either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

^ that's why I was of the opinion that they were very expensive. For the RX8 they were about €220 each also - RE040/50

It's a hell of a lot of money. If you wanted to change all 4, you would be handing over €900ish.....a lot to hand over in one go!!!

• Advertisement

BDJW wrote: »
    Is that from Camskill? Out of boredom a couple of months back, I had a look at how much it would be to replace the Potenza's on my Civic (they aren't needed just yet) and it was about €220 a corner :eek:

Yep camskill :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement