Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X factor 2012 (Spoiler Free)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Two songs tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Isn't it either ABBA or Motown? They can choose which they want? If so, I reckon Jahmene will go for a Motown song, James too.

They're all performing 2 songs tonight. 1 Abba and one Motown. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

It's at that stage already! Jeez. I hope someone does Lay All Your Love On Me. That's my favourite ABBA song.

Whatever happened to big band night? That used to be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

It's at that stage already! Jeez. I hope someone does Lay All Your Love On Me. That's my favourite ABBA song.

Whatever happened to big band night? That used to be great.

Oh yes that was fantastic, shame it's gone, too expensive?? maybe but it was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Oh yes that was fantastic, shame it's gone, too expensive?? maybe but it was great.

Some of the most memorable performances often came out of it. Perhaps it was the cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Doubt it's the cost if they can afford to put all the contestants in a 5 star hotel for the entire series and send them to Disneyland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Who's first up tonight I wonder... I think it's significant.

Regardless of the fact there's two performances tonight it's still the pimp slot. Nearly certain the first act up has avoided bottom 2 every week

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Who's first up tonight I wonder... I think it's significant.

Regardless of the fact there's two performances tonight it's still the pimp slot. Nearly certain the first act up has avoided bottom 2 every week

Rylan ended up in the bottom 2 in week 5 when he sang first (ironically, singing an ABBA cover :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Abba songs are much harder to sing properly than people think. There are lots of subtle chord changes.

Jahmene has had a few tuning issues -he needs to be careful with his Abba song choice, or it could be his Waterloo :D:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Skid wrote: »
    Abba songs are much harder to sing properly than people think. There are lots of subtle chord changes.

Jahmene has had a few tuning issues -he needs to be careful with his Abba song choice, or it could be his Waterloo :D:o
    ...Get it right and the winner will take it all! singer.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

its maloney time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

its maloney time!!
    I hope it's Maloney's time... to go.

Oh there goes the Rylan rants again. I reckon he's going to get ripped to shreds by Gary tonight. :(

Although at the same time, I think he's going to do a slow ballad and it will be his swan song.

Ooh, I love ABBA :)

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Why is Gary sitting between the two girls? I haven't watched since the auditions tbh, was this the same last week??

Rylan first, Christopher last .... hmmm.

So apparently Nicole is the first ever judge to have all her acts in the quarter final.

You think they'd make a bigger deal about it.

Oh there goes the Rylan rants again. I reckon he's going to get ripped to shreds by Gary tonight. :(
    X Factor contestant Rylan Clark has claimed that Gary Barlow's "banter" has gone too far.

Clark, who regularly clashes with the judge on the show, told The Sun that while he is happy to exchange "panto" insults, he believes Barlow's comments have become "hateful" after he slammed the singer at a recent gig.

The Take That star told fans at his Mencap charity concert on Tuesday night that he thinks Clark is "absolute s**te" and encouraged them to chant "Get him out".

"We've got this banter in the studio and in the studio that's where it stays," Clark said. "So when I found out what he did at the gig it upset me because I thought, 'You've taken this out of the show now...

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a440631/x-factor-rylan-clark-gary-barlow-banter-has-become-hateful.html

Nothing new sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

"Novelty" act normally goes at this stage but for me Rylan has actually grown on me unlike other years when I was screaming at the TV to get rid of them(Wagner,Jedward)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Damn; Tulisa looking bang tidy tonight!

• Advertisement

Haha, look at them all dressed up like pilgrims :D

1 dalmation

Why is Gary sitting between the two girls? I haven't watched since the auditions tbh, was this the same last week??

They have been like that since the later auditions (I think)

Welcome Back :)

It was the same every week (except maybe the first one?).

Its Alice in wonderland mixed with Lady Gaga! LOL

Seems very understated by Rylan's standards. His vocals aren't up to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Rylan doesn't seem to have the same energy this week

He actually sounded alright tonight!

Love Rylan but wasn't my favourite performance of his. Seems very sedate this week :(

• Advertisement

blueser wrote: »
    Damn; Tulisa looking bang tidy tonight!

her yokes look sloppy!

Advertisement