Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X factor 2012 (Spoiler Free)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

At the end of the day the public voted Chris onto the show as the "wild card" winner. He beat the girl, boy and group catagories for his place. Does this not say something about the type of voting viewer this year?
    These are obviously the same people keeping him in each week.
    In as much as there could be a dirty tricks campaign to get him out, there may actually be another one going on to keep him in and possibly to make him this years winner to turn the show on its head. (rage against the machine??)
    But I do think the judges should quit with the snide remarks, after all its these voter call charges that are going towards paying their wages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

K.Flyer wrote: »
    At the end of the day the public voted Chris onto the show as the "wild card" winner. He beat the girl, boy and group catagories for his place. Does this not say something about the type of voting viewer this year?
    These are obviously the same people keeping him in each week.
    In as much as there could be a dirty tricks campaign to get him out, there may actually be another one going on to keep him in and possibly to make him this years winner to turn the show on its head. (rage against the machine??)
    But I do think the judges should quit with the snide remarks, after all its these voter call charges that are going towards paying their wages.

Agree KF I'm not a Chris fan in the slightest but someone's voting for him and they are paying good money to do so. Like you said it's paying everyone's wages or at least a portion of them so a bit of respect please.
    Personally I think they should take the "recording contract" aspect out of the programme and just make it about entertainment because essentially that's what the programme is, then we wouldn't have this uproar and anybody could compete as long as they entertained and got the vote. I mean look at Rylan, not the best singer but I've been highly entertained by him week after week and for that reason alone he deserves his votes.

So just let's leave at an Entertainment programme which makes Saturday night staying in a little easier. That's my thoughts anyway.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I see the USA X Factor has revealed the weekly vote results for the first time (while the competition is ongoing)

Maybe they will try that in the UK in future if they want to boost the vote numbers for someone like Ella, who is wrongly assumed to be safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Skid wrote: »
    I see the USA X Factor has revealed the weekly vote results for the first time (while the competition is ongoing)

Maybe they will try that in the UK in future if they want to boost the vote numbers for someone like Ella, who is wrongly assumed to be safe.

I sincerely doubt it tbh.

I'd say secretly Cowell and the producers were delighted with the bottom 2 at the weekend. Generates good publicity and gets people talking about the show again. Controversial sing off's made the show in 2010 (arguably the best series).

To be frank, they couldn't give a toss that Ella's gone home.

The only reason they did it in the US was to change it around for a week to boost ratings. The show is apparently struggling badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

To be honest behind the mic he maybe a nice chap but I don't get James Arthur something about him reminds me of Stephen Brookstein the first X Factor winner while might have been a good singer but not good in the looks department.

everyone is raving on about him, me I don't get it don't think he deserves to win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

cgpg5 wrote: »
    I sincerely doubt it tbh.

I'd say secretly Cowell and the producers were delighted with the bottom 2 at the weekend. Generates good publicity and gets people talking about the show again. Controversial sing off's made the show in 2010 (arguably the best series).

To be frank, they couldn't give a toss that Ella's gone home.

The only reason they did it in the US was to change it around for a week to boost ratings. The show is apparently struggling badly.

I would say a lot of it was timing as well. The first show where the public got to vote was the week after superstorm Sandy wreaked havoc on the east coast and also the day after the presidential election so I would imagine voting for Xfactor contestants was quite low on the radar of some people. Given that the UK vote is so regional (all of Liverpool voting for Chris) I would imagine that Cowell felt it would boost rating to wheel out the results and get the different states voting for their 'stars'.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

mtjm wrote: »
    To be honest behind the mic he maybe a nice chap but I don't get James Arthur something about him reminds me of Stephen Brookstein the first X Factor winner while might have been a good singer but not good in the looks department.

everyone is raving on about him, me I don't get it don't think he deserves to win

What do his looks have to do with anything :confused: He has a lot more talent and potential than Steve Brookstein EVER had.

mtjm wrote: »

I think that is a bizarre comparison. They couldn't be more different.

If we only had beautiful people releasing records think of how much great music we would never heard.

Personally I think James Arthur is a ride :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,815 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Personally I think James Arthur is a ride :D

It's those eyes. They're so pretty and bright!

And the manscara really makes them pop out. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

He's extremely sexy. I get a little excited in my pants when I watch him perform :o :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,438 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm starting to believe Chris really can actually win this. I think he'll finish second though

The final will be awkward to say the least. Will he get standing ovations from judges which seem to be compulsory on the showpiece night? I don't think they'll go that far but I think they'll hold their hands up and acknowledge he deserves to be there as the public are on his side. He'll probably get positive comments in that regard

I dont think any act has got four standing ovations yet from the judges so much for Ella, Jaheme and James being outstanding and best ever on the show

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I dont think any act has got four standing ovations yet from the judges so much for Ella, Jaheme and James being outstanding and best ever on the show

Indeed!

They'll prob do it in final though!

Except for Chris :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,815 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Did I not see James get a 4/4 from his save me song?

Did I not see James get a 4/4 from his save me song?

I dont think so maybe Nicole and Gary did but not all four but I could be wrong but do think no act so far has got four although three judges did stand for Rylan's skinny comment to Gary :p

I wouldn't consider the number of standing ovations from the judges as a suitable criteria for judging the quality of any contestant.

I wouldn't consider the number of standing ovations from the judges as a suitable criteria for judging the quality of any contestant.

Yes I know but Ella was told she was the best female contestant since Leona and didnt get all judges to stand but I think Stacey Solomon did, it just confuses me as to why the judges dont stand yet they claim the contestants performances were superb :rolleyes:

Did any acts in last year's final or show get 4 judges to stand?

Apparently there is a bidding war to sign Ella I thought Simon had first dibs on all contestants from the show

Yes I know but Ella was told she was the best female contestant since Leona and didnt get all judges to stand but I think Stacey Solomon did, it just confuses me as to why the judges dont stand yet they claim the contestants performances were superb :rolleyes:

Did any acts in last year's final or show get 4 judges to stand?

Apparently there is a bidding war to sign Ella I thought Simon had first dibs on all contestants from the show

The three acts definitely each got a standing ovation in last year's final and for every song they sung (bar the duets- no judges present, bar one that was performing).

Final of the show, more people watching, lets show everyone how good we think our acts are...

I'd say Simon will have enough on his hands with contestants who actually go further. can't see Ella doing remotely well myself

Going back to Chris for a moment, not sure if this was mentioned before but Louis has a very short memory.
    Chris' song choices are not a million miles away from what Mary Byrne was doing during the lives when she was on it and Louis had nothing but praise and high hopes for her back then.
    She also did very well on the voting scores in the early part of the lives when Dermot read them out after the final.

Edit.
    BTW.. I am not a Chris fan, we are hoping James Arthur wins the final, to me he is a mix of a young Johnny Cash and Pete Doherty (BabyShambles)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

can't see Ella doing remotely well myself

Me neither. Don't see where the niche in the market is for her. She's way too similar to Adele to be marketable, surely. I mean, that whole female soul-type singer market was set off by Amy Winehouse who was successful in the first place because a) she had a great voice and b) she wrote great songs. Adele was just different enough from Winehouse to be marketable too. I don't see where Ella fits in. Her songs (only heard a couple) are not exactly remarkable and there's nothing that distinctive about her voice to set her apart from any other female singers who are doing the same thing as her, some of them doing it better. Band-wagon jumping is not always a great idea.

• Advertisement

For the guest acts I would say its more of a courtesy thing rather than any acknowledgement of the quality of the performance.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    For the guest acts I would say its more of a courtesy thing rather than any acknowledgement of the quality of the performance.

I remember before Jay Kay was on and he slagged off both Dannii and Cheryl and neither clapped him. I can't remember exactly what he said but it was hilarious!

I remember before Jay Kay was on and he slagged off both Dannii and Cheryl and neither clapped him. I can't remember exactly what he said but it was hilarious!

Something along the lines of "...what do they know about my f**kin'music, they look great alright, but I am going to be singing in front of a pair of f**kin amateurs.."

or words to that effect.

I wonder who the duets for the final could be, maybe Ed Sheeran back for James, One Direction back for Union J, Rebecca Ferguson back for Chris, Gary Barlow with Rylan :p, Olly Murs back for Jaheme

I think the days of X Factor UK final getting a big named international
    artist(s) to duet is long over imho

I wonder who the duets for the final could be, maybe Ed Sheeran back for James, One Direction back for Union J, Rebecca Ferguson back for Chris, Gary Barlow with Rylan :p, Olly Murs back for Jaheme

I think the days of X Factor UK final getting a big named international
    artist(s) to duet is long over imho

Think they'll scrap the duets altogether this year

Hope it's no bottom 2 this week, cos I want Rylan in the semi ahead of Union J. Think Rylan will get more votes but they'll both be bottom 2 anyway

If it's Union and Rylan, Rylan is gone. Tulisa can't keep him in after her comments last week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

I think we might see another shock bottom two this weekend. Possibly jarmaine in there for the first time?

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    I think we might see another shock bottom two this weekend. Possibly jarmaine in there for the first time?

No way if last week taught people anything it's that no-one is safe. Therefore I'd say himself and Jimmy Arthur will rake in the votes. Think it'll be the standard bottom 2 of Rylan and Union J. This stage of the competition rarely if ever springs up a shock. Every year the act that's expected to go does go at the semi and quarter (this weekend)

I don't think it's a case of voters not realising that certain acts aren't safe. People know exactly what they're doing when voting.

Ok lets try guess the Abba songs contestants will sing tonight (btw haven't clue what they're singing, this is purely my guess work)

Jahmene: Chiquitita
    Union J: Does your mother know
    Rylan: Supertrouper
    James: Name of the Game
    Christopher: Fernando

• Advertisement

Isn't it either ABBA or Motown? They can choose which they want? If so, I reckon Jahmene will go for a Motown song, James too.

Advertisement