Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X factor 2012 (Spoiler Free)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Shinaynay

Natalie Anderson (Emmerdale ) on Xtra Factor only had a baby in August! She pretty such disappeared when she turned to the side! Jel :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Stephen Mulhern has hit so many nails on the head on xtra that he's built a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Stephen Mulhern was pretty honest on the Xtra Factor, totally agree that it is very strange that Chris' nerves have disappeared so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Stephen Mulhern was pretty honest on the Xtra Factor, totally agree that it is very strange that Chris' nerves have disappeared so quickly.

Was only thinking before he was singing tonight, about how his nerves disappeared and how maybe it was all for a sob story with that and then wheeling out the granny at any given moment. He's a bloody cruise ship singer. Feck off.

Jade and Rylan are probably the only two I care to see at the moment. Kye totally put his foot in it earlier. Believing in his own hype it seems. Bog off.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

It's cause he's built a persona, he was never nervous, it gave him an edge and a story though. Jarmaine is nervous and you can tell it's genuine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Shinaynay

Larianne wrote: »
    Stephen Mulhern was pretty honest on the Xtra Factor, totally agree that it is very strange that Chris' nerves have disappeared so quoickly.

Was only thinking before he was singing tonight, about how his nerves disappeared and how maybe it was all for a sob story with that and then wheeling out the granny at any given moment. He's a bloody cruise ship singer. Feck off.

Jade and Rylan are probably the only two I care to see at the moment. Kye totally put his foot in it earlier. Believing in his own hype it seems. Bog off.

How did he put his foot in it? Missed that bit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Right so. Personal opinions:

Jahmene, not overly terrible, I just don't like him.

The groups still not fond of.

Rylan - GOD HELP ME!!

Melanie not bad.

And Lucy, completely shocked, really liked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Shinaynay wrote: »
    How did he put his foot in it? Missed that bit

When he was getting negative comments from the judges, he says to Louis something like "Remember Louis at my second audition, you said I had the Xfactor". Just seemed a bit 'up-my-own-arse'. Take the criticism.

Stephen Mulherne is BRILLIANT!! :D

Larianne wrote: »
    When he was getting negative comments from the judges, he says to Louis something like "Remember Louis at my second audition, you said I had the Xfactor". Just seemed a bit 'up-my-own-arse'. Take the criticism.

Stephen Mulherne is BRILLIANT!! :D

Stephen Mulherne is great, he would be brilliant at doing the Xtra Factor, he does a really good job on Britain's Got More Talent.

Digital Spy's poll

The X Factor' - who sang best?
    Jahmene Douglas - 9.610%
    Rylan Clark - 6.456%
    James Arthur - 10.36%
    MK1 - 2.252%
    Union J - 5.556%
    District3 - 1.802%
    Ella Henderson - 37.09%
    Jade Ellis - 11.71%
    Lucy Spraggan - 6.907%
    Kye Sones - 2.252%
    Chris Maloney - 0.6006%
    Melanie Masson - 5.405%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 gaziah

Only gettin' round to watchin this now, really hate that district 3 group, hand waving and general over the topness is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭pauldry

From Liz Hey Liz I just inserted my opinion in brackets

The FIX Farcetor' - who sang best?
    Jahmene Douglas - 9.610%(20%)Great Voice God Bless Him
    Rylan Clark - 6.456%(7%)Entertaining Ibiza Tribute Act
    James Arthur - 10.36%(10%)Emotional Good Stuff
    MK1 - 2.252% (4%)All Louis Fault no Energy this week but popular with public
    Union J - 5.556% (6%) Much better were very bad last week
    District3 - 1.802%(1%)I dont care for them but girls do
    Ella Henderson - 37.09%(33%)Better than Adele
    Jade Ellis - 11.71%(12%)I agree she oozes class a bit like Reb Fergie
    Lucy Spraggan - 6.907%(5%)Nah In Auditions much better and its not the Arctic
    Kye Sones - 2.252%(1%)Very bad pitch at Rihanna
    Chris Maloney - 0.6006% (1%)Cruise shi*tp
    Melanie Masson - 5.405%(2%)Not my cup of tea though better with curls[/QUOTE]

Yes Chris, Kye and District 3 were the worst but 75% of public are girls so it could be melanie or even rylan.

As well who is this producer guy they keep thanking ...ban him from ever appearing again, he gets my nut and up Sligo Rovers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭pauldry

Even the description by Brian Friedman sounds brilliant

Brian Friedman thats the penus. Get him rid and let them sing naturally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

babysitting tonight, so got disrupted viewing. Christopher's singing forced, and too headneck veiny to watch. Kye good voice, what a pratt and pratty hairstyle
    not a likeable type.Both irritating.:(
    Ella- gorgeous to listen to:
    James-brilliant interpretation of song( maybe less angst next week,its tiring:confused:
    Jahmene- maturing vocally each week, easy on the ear.
    Jade- meh
    Lucy-really like her talent, though not for xfactor.
    Rhylan-meh
    Melanie- like her voice, good performance
    Union J- sang well, much improved
    District 3-they were dead right about the song, bad choice by Louis the quivering lip:rolleyes:. they're good singers but not getting good advice.
    mk1-meh, she should be singing on her own,he's brutal, together they're going nowhere. On that note;) goodnight boardsies. till tomoro night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I really like Jade Ellis' voice. Nice R n' B voice. Really showed what a great song Love Is A Losing Game is too. Classic.

Thought Lucy was a bit of fun. I've never heard Gold Digger sung like that.

James did pretty well with the Mary J song. It's a pretty intense song when she sings it, given all she's been through in her life, she absolutely takes it to church, but I thought he did alright. Not sure how mad I was about the arrangement though.

Was impressed with Ella on those high notes on the Minnie Ripperton song.

They were the only ones that really stood out to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Ok, so tonight I really liked: Jahmene, Ella, Jade and James.

Disliked: District3, Kye, Christopher

Meh'd: MK1, Union J, Lucy, Melanie

Rylan is in his very own catagory of fabulousness. I really hope he sticks around this week.

I think Kye and Christopher could be in trouble this week, which would scupper my predictions completely...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Ok, so tonight I really liked: Jahmene, Ella, Jade and James.

Disliked: District3, Kye, Christopher

Meh'd: MK1, Union J, Lucy, Melanie

Rylan is in his very own catagory of fabulousness. I really hope he sticks around this week.

I think Kye and Christopher could be in trouble this week, which would scupper my predictions completely...

I just copied ibarelycares predictions as I was in a bit of a rush and Christopher or one of the groups for me are the most likely ones to go, I don't think it'll be MK1 as even though they were terrible tonight, I think they're going to go into "we picked our own song" mode for next week so Louis will have one to shove up Gary's nose.

Kye, oh jesus Kye, really, wtf WAS that? That was all I kept thinking with him, and Christoper, well, he's just gone already I reckon, so it's hard to know, both of them bad as each other.

But for me, that tittering Jaheme does is really starting to make me shudder, and tonight it was at it's worst, after every single comment by the judges, I shuddered so much I was like a bent out of shape accordion on the sofa watching it! :(

Rylan was brilliant anyway, and Lucy REALLY surprised me, having me think "YES, more please!", because she really worked the gold digger song well and seemed SO much more comfortable and REALLY confident with it.

I think Jade could be the dark horse, and Melanie just looked like Madonna making another comeback, she looked AWFUL- the Saturday Night Fever suit and the make up job, you'd swear it had been applied by a three year old!

Can't remember Ella now, I'll catch it in the morning... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Dylan - made the whole show worthwhile last night.
    As Craig Revel Horwood would say "FAB-U-LOUS!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Ok so I skipped this last night and decided to sky plus it! Is it even worth watching? :P

Or, any acts in particular I should watch/skip?

Really not feeling the Xfactor at all this year, strange enough

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Ok so I skipped this last night and decided to sky plus it! Is it even worth watching? :P

Or, any acts in particular I should watch/skip?

Really not feeling the Xfactor at all this year, strange enough

James Arthur was good and union j were quite good too. Ella was good but I hated the song. Everyone else was meh.

• Advertisement

LizT wrote: »
    James Arthur was good and union j were quite good too. Ella was good but I hated the song. Everyone else was meh.

Just checked the betting anyway and Christopher is favourite to go along with District 3 and Rylan. ALthough I can't even remember the last time the bookies got it right, bottom 2 can be so unpredictable!

How could I forget Rylan? You have to watch his performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'm enjoying it more than last year so far. There's much better talent IMO. Ella, James, Jahmene, Melanie, Jade are all fantastic singers. There's a bit of entertainment with Rylan and Lucy. There are a few bores but not as many as last year. The most negative thing is the song choices, they've been a bit dull overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Jade was the best of last night.

I'm enjoying it more than last year so far. There's much better talent IMO. Ella, James, Jahmene, Melanie, Jade are all fantastic singers. There's a bit of entertainment with Rylan and Lucy. There are a few bores but not as many as last year. The most negative thing is the song choices, they've been a bit dull overall.

Exactly! I get that too, I'm left wondering "Well they throw around words like relevant, and current, on the show, and then they have the contestants singing off key covers of 20 year old songs!". It just "feels" like that, and that's why Lucy for me last night star of the show, as fun and all as Rylan was, Lucy actually made me sit up and tune in with her re-working of gold digger, completely unexpected, instead of like the rest of them just going over my head with the same old same old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Lucy actually made me sit up and tune in with her re-working of gold digger, completely unexpected, instead of like the rest of them just going over my head with the same old same old.

I think Lucy copied The Automatic's live version of Golddigger

It happens a lot in X Factor. The acts do a well known song, but in the style of a lesser known cover version. It makes the contestant look original and gives them an appearance of 'artistic credibility'. It's like 'My Lovely Horse' all over again :p

Skid wrote: »
    It happens a lot in X Factor. The acts do a well known song, but in the style of a lesser known cover version. It makes the contestant look original and gives them an appearance of 'artistic credibility'. It's like 'My Lovely Horse' all over again :p

Well, that shot the sh*t out of my enjoyment of Lucy's performance anyway! :pac:

Ah no, it didn't, in fairness I think Lucy's performance could stand on it's own, but that version above (by a band I'll admit I never heard of, just goes to prove your point Skid!) is pretty rockin' too, 'specially the bass and the flute! Dayumm! :D

Well, that shot the sh*t out of my enjoyment of Lucy's performance anyway! :pac:

Ah no, it didn't, in fairness I think Lucy's performance could stand on it's own, but that version above (by a band I'll admit I never heard of, just goes to prove your point Skid!) is pretty rockin' too, 'specially the bass and the flute! Dayumm! :D

They sang that song "What's that coming over the hill is it a monster!"

Complete one hit wonder though :P

cgpg5 wrote: »
    They sang that song "What's that coming over the hill is it a monster!"

Complete one hit wonder though :P

Eesh, yup, that song I do remember, cringefest central when it's played in every country pub and cover band up and down the country! :(

At least you saved me thinking "must YouTube them later on when I'm back home, see a couple more of their songs...", phew! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Just watched MK1's performance...which had to be one of the most awkward performances ever.

Advertisement